The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: What age do you look?
Younger 15 68.18%
Actual age 4 18.18%
Older 3 13.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-2017, 09:02 PM   #21
Prowler
Emperor

An age thread not started by CyberCubed?!

People usually think I'm younger. Dunno how old exactly, but I guess they assume I'm 21-22 at the very most. I'm actually 26. Now just imagine if I shaved completely. I'd probably look 18.

My brother is 34 and has looked the same for over a decade now, as well. And my mother also looks about a decade younger than her actual age. So she can lei about her age without people assuming she's lying.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:31 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

Is it weird our generation looks so young for our age? I mean our parents looked a lot older than we did at our ages. I mean we all know this, we've all seen photos of our parents when they were younger or when they were holding us as babies or children.

I sure as hell don't look like my father looked at 30. And my parents don't look like my grandparents did at age 57-58. Our grandparents looked practically ancient by their late 50's or early 60's, but my parents could still pass for 40 or so.

What is going on here? Has our generation discovered the fountain of youth? I mean none of us undergo plastic surgery or stuff like that, it's just our natural aging process. We all look younger now than our parents did at this age. How is that possible? Is this natural selection at work? Something in the genes or evolution of the human race?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:42 PM   #23
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Is it weird our generation looks so young for our age? I mean our parents looked a lot older than we did at our ages. I mean we all know this, we've all seen photos of our parents when they were younger or when they were holding us as babies or children.

I sure as hell don't look like my father looked at 30. And my parents don't look like my grandparents did at age 57-58. Our grandparents looked practically ancient by their late 50's or early 60's, but my parents could still pass for 40 or so.

What is going on here? Has our generation discovered the fountain of youth? I mean none of us undergo plastic surgery or stuff like that, it's just our natural aging process. We all look younger now than our parents did at this age. How is that possible? Is this natural selection at work? Something in the genes or evolution of the human race?
My mom looks nearly 10 years younger than her actual age. And that woman was born in the 50s already.

I guess lfie expectancy average increasing every decade slows down ageing, but on the other hand, we have unhealthier habits nowadays such as sitting on our asses all day long in front of a computer and not being as active or outdoorsy. The thing is, many decades ago, getting certain diseases or infections could kill you due to there not being meds, vaccines, etc. yet to cure/treat those problems. But still, lots of people born in the early 20th century managed to live long lives. Also, health issues such as cancer weren't so prevalent just a few decades ago nor were heart diseases related deaths and health issues evne though people most likely drank and smoke more than we do nowadays. Then again, they also were more active and ate less processed junk.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:31 PM   #24
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Whenever people try to guess my age, it's usually 8 - 10 years off. I just say, "Thank you!" lol
Quote:

My mother looks younger than what she is and my grandmother did too along with her cousins who are still alive. This may come across as racist, but we have a saying..."black don't crack".

Last edited by ssjup81; 03-19-2017 at 06:36 PM.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:02 PM   #25
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's weird that some people age quick and others do not. Look at how old Patrick Stewart looked when he played Captain Picard in Next Generation back in the 80's and early 90's....and that was over 30 years ago! Although admittedly he didn't age badly into the 2000's, he looks almost the same now as he did back then.

Look at James Earl Jones in the 80's too, he looked old as hell back then but was only in his 50's-60's.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:06 PM   #26
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
It's weird that some people age quick and others do not. Look at how old Patrick Stewart looked when he played Captain Picard in Next Generation back in the 80's and early 90's....and that was over 30 years ago! Although admittedly he didn't age badly into the 2000's, he looks almost the same now as he did back then.

Look at James Earl Jones in the 80's too, he looked old as hell back then but was only in his 50's-60's.
Tom Cruise is the biggest mystery... although maybe he did plastic surgery.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:32 PM   #27
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
I repeat, "black don't crack".
Old 03-19-2017, 07:36 PM   #28
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

I'm 31 and still get ID'd for alcohol from time to time, and thats with an even amount of salt and pepper in my hair.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:03 PM   #29
mrmaczaps
Banned

When I was in my mid to late teens, people thought I looked older. In my 20s, people thought I was late teens. Just had a birthday and I'm 36 but people still say I'm early 20s. Which is awesome.

I enjoy it.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:01 PM   #30
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:

You seem to be focusing a lot on men there. How about Demi Moore or Salma Hayek? They're both well into their 50s now and look just as stunning as they did 25 years ago!!!

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:04 PM   #31
CyberCubed
Overlord

Women tend to look very different as they get older compared to men. Look at any famous female actress/singer from the 80's or 90's and then look what they look like now, they're almost completely different people.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:11 PM   #32
Jephael

Quote:
Look at any famous female actress/singer from the 80's or 90's and then look what they look like now, they're almost completely different people.
That's what I was just doing. I Google searched those two ladies, and while they've aged they look just as gorgeous as they did back then!

You can't be so gender biased there, dude. Not everybody (both male and female alike) are so lucky to age so gracefully.

Look at Chevy Chase. That dude really let himself go over the years. He looks nothing like he did 30-40 years ago!!!

Then look at how much flack poor Carrie Fisher got for how old she looked in the last movie, which is pretty friggin stupid when you ask me!!! It's supposed to be set decades after Return of the Jedi!!!

www.jephael.com
Old 03-21-2017, 07:56 PM   #33
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

I looked like I was in my early twenties up until very recently. People in their late teens and early twenties would be shocked when I told them how old I actually was.

I did a lot of hard living in my twenties, but it was a two and a half year stint in fast food that ultimately aged me. I'm 33 now but honestly feel that I look closer to 40.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:44 PM   #34
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
My girlfriends grandma is a 101 year old Irish immigrant. Sharp as a tack and walks about a quarter mile every day.
I just saw your new picture in your profile, man, you look like you could pass for 35 or so. You look way older than I do, and I got a good 5 years on you or so.
Old 03-27-2017, 06:55 PM   #35
ToTheNines
[sic]

Uh, thanks.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:57 PM   #36
CyberCubed
Overlord

It must be the beard, if you shaved it you'd look a lot younger. But I guess you better keep it because it makes you fit in with your co-workers better who are older.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:00 PM   #37
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
It must be the beard, if you shaved it you'd look a lot younger. But I guess you better keep it because it makes you fit in with your co-workers better who are older.
Or he really likes his beard...
Old 03-27-2017, 07:16 PM   #38
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

A bus driver asked me if I was going to get a child's ticket... I'm 23. I pay taxes dammit!
DisKosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 11:51 PM   #39
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Eh, I've been told I look 20 when clean shaven.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 10:22 AM   #40
Jephael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Eh, I've been told I look 20 when clean shaven.
I'm always getting nagged to shave off my facial hair. To be fair though, I can't throw a full beard for the life of me.

www.jephael.com

Tags
cubism