The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 12-12-2018, 03:45 AM   #1
Ville Leskinen
Foot Soldier

Collaborating on a short film script based on the first Mirage issue?

Hi! I'm looking to see if there's anyone interested in collaborating (or just throwing around ideas) on a screenplay for a short film based on the first Mirage issue? I know many have been throwing ideas in the air over the years but I'd love to turn them into a cohesive story, with the idea that it might be doable as a short fan film.

For me, I would start with obviously setting it back into the very early 80's and on the roughest parts of the Lower East Side. Establish the world and the conflict with the people living in powerty and the gangs that were around at the time. Create a simple conflict with perhaps just one of the turtles with a resolution that hints of a bigger story behind it all. Perhaps introduce the other 3 at the very end as a voice over in the dark or as shadows.

If you're interested, post below!

Thanks!

Ville.

ps.
Here's some "inspiring" (terrifying might be the right word) photos of the era:

And here's my previous "work" on the tmnt. It's not much but hey, atleast I made something!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19-5OPxH_m4
Old 12-12-2018, 09:36 AM   #2
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

What sort of production are you making? What kind of equipment? Man in suit? What level of suit?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 07:23 PM   #3
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Wow, those photos! I've never seen something like that in New York. I mean, is that New York, right?
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 09:31 PM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
Wow, those photos! I've never seen something like that in New York. I mean, is that New York, right?
Kind of looks like the set of Death Wish 3.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 04:17 AM   #5
Ville Leskinen
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
What sort of production are you making? What kind of equipment? Man in suit? What level of suit?
Hi Andrew, was kinda hoping you'd chime in!

The production would obviously be very small. I'm thinking maybe using greenscreen on some of the shots (as I obviously live nowhere near New York. I'm in Finland!) combined with miniatures I'd love to make and 2d photos for the backgrounds. And with some set decoration on local locations, I think it's doable. My gears fairly limited (Canon 550d or the rebel as I believe its called in the states and a few Arri's) but renting/borrowing is the key anyway and I've always been a firm believer that no/low-budget brings the best out of people. When you can't just thow money at it, you're going to have to get creative!

I've had a dream of making a turtle suit since I was 12 so yeah, that would be the way to go. Not Henson level obviously but something that could work in the shadows. I can sculpt but have yet to cast anything. For some time now I've been sculpting a puppet turtle based on the Henson ones but that "could" work on close-ups but not so much on fight scenes. And I'd love to create the original 1984 turtles look on screen but man, that neck is going to be tough one to pull of on a human!

The puppet on my previous took me about a day to make. And it looks like it! But I think for the short time it's on the screen and on the shadows, it works. Or is atleast passable.

But the script is king! So that's where I'm starting. You wanna help me write it?
Old 12-15-2018, 04:22 AM   #6
Ville Leskinen
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
That is New York in the 80's. Here's more photos:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/steven...57626376913418

And here's a few videos. Now mind, some of these are from movies but there's a reason these "apocalyptic visions" were filmed there. It looked like a war zone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgUsEVwXch0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwNgx7V4gwk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j-3DxNdj2M
Old 01-14-2019, 07:47 AM   #7
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

I’m working on a script right now. It starts in 1979 and works it’s way up to 2019. I’d be more than happy to let anyone with proper training to give it a read through once finished, as I’m as amateur as it comes to this.

I’ve finished the outline and I’m about 1/4 way of rewriting in script format. It’ll prob be another month or so till I get it all transferred over.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote