The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 04-21-2021, 12:45 PM   #101
superstaff
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
That's cool! Thanks for sticking around for a bit. Yes always floss!
I like engaging in conversation about it since I am a TMNT fan, even if there's things I don't like. Who knows, maybe I'll read it again someday if the content shifts in a direction I enjoy.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 12:47 PM   #102
lonewarrior20
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
That's cool! Thanks for sticking around for a bit. Yes always floss!
so how long did it take koya to learn about dental hygiene since she was originally born with just a beak?

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=63924

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 01:01 PM   #103
ChosenOne
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
so how long did it take koya to learn about dental hygiene since she was originally born with just a beak?
Well, considering the fact that her best friend is a friggin' shark... Probably not long.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 01:30 PM   #104
FrederikWolferson
Foot Soldier

And it's not over yet.
FrederikWolferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 01:37 PM   #105
CyberCubed
Overlord

Issue 117 is supposed to be the end of this "arc" although we still have Mayor Sally and Mona Lisa's storyline to go through...which will probably happen next.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 02:08 PM   #106
FrederikWolferson
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Issue 117 is supposed to be the end of this "arc" although we still have Mayor Sally and Mona Lisa's storyline to go through...which will probably happen next.
The preview for #118 actually says: A new direction for Mutant Town. I doubt we are getting back to Ninja Turtles any time soon.
FrederikWolferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 03:15 PM   #107
superstaff
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrederikWolferson View Post
The preview for #118 actually says: A new direction for Mutant Town. I doubt we are getting back to Ninja Turtles any time soon.
And people wonder why I have problems with the current run...
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 03:20 PM   #108
Leo656
The Franchise

They should just retitle the whole book "Adventures In Mutant Town - Guest-Starring The TMNT" at this point.

...Except then without the "TMNT" header there'd probably only be like eight people still buying it, instead of, like, twelve or whatever it is now.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 03:31 PM   #109
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

Man you've really shifted Mona from being a somewhat endearing new character to... frankly an insufferable bitch. I hope she gets some kind of character arc to restore some sense of likeability to her, unless the goal is to lead her down the same path as good ol' Mondo "Antifa" Gecko. As for this chapter... like... I dunno? I mean there's nothing inherently wrong with it other than the current plot not being interesting. I guess there's not really much point throwing more shade in that regard since other people are getting that point across already.

I like the art though! The colored past segments representing the songs is a nice artistic touch. I like that you're continuing to have fun dressing up Alopex in a new random shirt every time she shows up on panel. I still do like the romance dynamic between her and Raph and its nice to see it shown subtlety without needing to have them be overly mushy on every page. Just wish they had more ninja stuff to do alongside those moments I guess.
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 05:37 PM   #110
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudrunner View Post
Man you've really shifted Mona from being a somewhat endearing new character to... frankly an insufferable bitch. I hope she gets some kind of character arc to restore some sense of likeability to her, unless the goal is to lead her down the same path as good ol' Mondo "Antifa" Gecko. As for this chapter... like... I dunno? I mean there's nothing inherently wrong with it other than the current plot not being interesting. I guess there's not really much point throwing more shade in that regard since other people are getting that point across already.

I like the art though! The colored past segments representing the songs is a nice artistic touch. I like that you're continuing to have fun dressing up Alopex in a new random shirt every time she shows up on panel. I still do like the romance dynamic between her and Raph and its nice to see it shown subtlety without needing to have them be overly mushy on every page. Just wish they had more ninja stuff to do alongside those moments I guess.
To be fair, She's not aware that the Turtles met Future Lita. If Mikey told her about Future Lita, Her reaction would just be like when Donnie told her his origin in one sitting.
Old 04-21-2021, 06:58 PM   #111
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

This Mutant Town miniseries isn’t as bad as some of y’all are making it out to be...
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 07:06 PM   #112
CyberCubed
Overlord

Tbh I'd have no problem with this story if it was part of a mini-series. I wonder when Tom Waltz will ever come back to write the main series. Surely The Last Ronin and the Annual can't be eating up all his TMNT-writing time.
Old 04-21-2021, 07:07 PM   #113
hypered1
Hench Mutant

To reiterate what's already been confirmed the next arc (118 - 123) will prominently feature Oroku Saki, so we'll finally get to see his new status quo since #100.
Old 04-21-2021, 07:45 PM   #114
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapons@theready View Post
This Mutant Town miniseries isn’t as bad as some of y’all are making it out to be...
Miniseries? It has been going on since #101. I was tired of it after #103 and thought it would be back to serving the plot after #105 with the Turtles reunited,but nope.
Old 04-21-2021, 08:02 PM   #115
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Miniseries? It has been going on since #101..
It's sarcasm.
Old 04-21-2021, 08:36 PM   #116
ChosenOne
Foot Elite

****, this was awful. And still one more issue to go... It breaks my heart to think of how much promise this comic started out with ten years ago, how much potential the post-#100 era had, and it's all been pissed away. Sigh... I'm not sure if even the Annual, The Armaggedon Game and/or a full-time return by Tom Waltz can right the ship now and save this from being cancelled sooner rather than later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
To be fair, She's not aware that the Turtles met Future Lita. If Mikey told her about Future Lita, Her reaction would just be like when Donnie told her his origin in one sitting.
Yeah, good luck with that whole reasoning-with-an-activist thing.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 09:02 PM   #117
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
****, this was awful. And still one more issue to go... It breaks my heart to think of how much promise this comic started out with ten years ago, how much potential the post-#100 era had, and it's all been pissed away. Sigh... I'm not sure if even the Annual, The Armaggedon Game and/or a full-time return by Tom Waltz can right the ship now and save this from being cancelled sooner rather than later.

Yeah, good luck with that whole reasoning-with-an-activist thing.
She would've had a better understand if they had told her what's going on however.
Old 04-21-2021, 09:16 PM   #118
Zog The Magnificent
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I have no doubt that it will get better, but yeah, I really hope that this doesn't result in an unceremonius cancellation. That would leave so much hanging, and we'd likely get another 6 issues or so to provide some semblance of closure, even though we really need at least another 50 to settle everything. Just once I'd like to see a TMNT comic get to the end without being cancelled.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 09:36 PM   #119
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
I have no doubt that it will get better, but yeah, I really hope that this doesn't result in an unceremonius cancellation. That would leave so much hanging, and we'd likely get another 6 issues or so to provide some semblance of closure, even though we really need at least another 50 to settle everything. Just once I'd like to see a TMNT comic get to the end without being cancelled.
Looks like you all are taking this whole thing too seriously. The comic isn't gonna get canceled.

As far as my concern, The comic has been great, I love the direction it went. No more sewers, The only way to go is up to the surface.
Old 04-21-2021, 09:42 PM   #120
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

So there are certain aspects about this that I like, the subtle story telling with Jay no longer wearing his hood over his head, and the way the fonts and art lines let you “see” the music. I can see why Campbell might have wanted a musical story, simply as a chance to stretch out artistically. I’m mostly beyond arguing about the use of the setting and figure as long as I feel the desire to keep up with issues as they come out so I’ll engage with the series on its own terms. And in that regards, okay, cool art, okay set up to bring characters who’ve popped up over the course of the post 100 run for the big show down. I’ll probably buy the next issue, as I am interested in seeing if they go to town with the art for the battle of the bands. And then I am interested, though a bit anxious, to see good guy Saki in 118.

With regards to Mona, she is coming across as overzealous to the point of being a jerk here, and it seems intentional. I do hope it leads to something for her.

Last edited by Mutant Ninja Anole; 04-22-2021 at 11:34 AM.
Mutant Ninja Anole is offline   Reply With Quote