The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2022, 09:25 PM   #601
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 4,312
OT season 1 has a brief moment where Michelangelo cries when Kala is leaving, but there are many moments littered throughout the show where the OT turtles shed a few tears.

Either way, I have no issue with the turtles of any incarnation crying as long as its done in moderation.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
The biggest villains were the censors. What they could do without being held back is my question.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 11:34 PM   #602
Poweranimals
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Reefside, CA
Posts: 171
Just curious. Are there any post credit scenes in this?
Poweranimals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 02:26 AM   #603
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior
 
D Piddy 1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Oxford, UK
Posts: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranimals View Post
Just curious. Are there any post credit scenes in this?
Nope. Watched the credits through to the bitter end, nothing.
__________________
Twitter handle: @D_Piddy1982

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 04:19 AM   #604
Wingnut II
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Georgia
Posts: 28
Apparently Rat King was supposed to be the villain for a later season, had they gotten to do it.
Wingnut II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 09:04 AM   #605
Poweranimals
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Reefside, CA
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
Nope. Watched the credits through to the bitter end, nothing.
That's good to know. I haven't got around to watch it yet but I always forget to watching through the credits when it comes to TV shows. Also, curious to know if the pacing is as spastic as the series because I don't know if I can take an hour of a half of that style.
__________________
Poweranimals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 01:19 PM   #606
Vegita-San
Emperor
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 5,647
well, it was better than the pilot. I'll give it that. It took me three tries to be able to finish that mess.

as far as this one - WTF does April have to say her name just about everytime on screen? Too remind folk that, yeah, this black person is really the red head you grew up with?

- That mystery stuff she stole from the lab. never explained what it was, and never seen again after it was used.

-The Turtles getting mystic powers isn't a bad idea in and of itself. but unlike in 4kids, they didn't earn these powers. they where given them and mikey's ability just sort of 'happened'. no build up, no training.


- how do they have the money to build that huge ass tank?

this thing still has the flaws of the show, but at least it felt watchable.
__________________


'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 03:36 PM   #607
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 39,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
- how do they have the money to build that huge ass tank?
You can literally apply this question to every TMNT cartoon where they have a truck/car/van. It's obvious they salvage junkyard parts and build it together as always.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 03:38 PM   #608
neatoman
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 8,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
well, it was better than the pilot. I'll give it that. It took me three tries to be able to finish that mess.

as far as this one - WTF does April have to say her name just about everytime on screen? Too remind folk that, yeah, this black person is really the red head you grew up with?

- That mystery stuff she stole from the lab. never explained what it was, and never seen again after it was used.

-The Turtles getting mystic powers isn't a bad idea in and of itself. but unlike in 4kids, they didn't earn these powers. they where given them and mikey's ability just sort of 'happened'. no build up, no training.


- how do they have the money to build that huge ass tank?

this thing still has the flaws of the show, but at least it felt watchable.
Again, it is explained what the stuff she stole was. It was an experimental herbicide, she literally says what it is right before she steals it. I'm not sure why people try to claim it was unexplained, it clearly was.

There is an explanation for what the tank is in the show, not a terribly intelligent one, but there is an explanation.
Spoiler:
It's a prop from an old Sci-Fi show they stole and it may or may not be a legitimate piece of alien technology.

Not exactly rock solid but I'm honestly not sure why the Party Wagon, Turtle Blimp, Shellraiser or any other tacked on vehicles the previous cartoons shoehorned in would be more OK than this thing. Just to be clear, the Turtles should have any bombastic combat vehicles at all, it's just selective to point out that it's stupid here while ignoring that it's in all the other cartoons as well.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 04:23 PM   #609
Vegita-San
Emperor
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 5,647
tturtle van and blimp where clearly stolen from baxters lab. all the stuff they used to build them was there, so they didn't need money.

In 2K3, they used a warehouse of parts abandoned to build the battle shell.
__________________


'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 04:32 PM   #610
neatoman
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 8,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
tturtle van and blimp where clearly stolen from baxters lab. all the stuff they used to build them was there, so they didn't need money.

In 2K3, they used a warehouse of parts abandoned to build the battle shell.
That's not really the point, the point is that there is an explanation and it isn't really a particularly worse explanation than what previous cartoons gave us.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 07:31 PM   #611
Turtle Soup
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 85
This was so much better than I expected it to be.
Turtle Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 07:35 PM   #612
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist
 
Metalwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,552
Just got done watching both Season 1 and the movie off of Netflix. Unfortunately I didn't know there was a Season 2 before I saw the movie, so I still have to watch that.

But what I saw was really good. The 1st Season had what I was really craving from a 'new' TMNT iteration, which was fun new original mutants, a change up of the original formula, and just as awesome, no cameos or crossovers with Fred Wolf Turtles. If there are homages, they are small and all iterations get them.1st season to me was actually fun, I actually laughed at some of the jokes, and I haven't done that in a long time.

The movie itself was a blast. Wonderful visuals, and quite dark. Something I enjoyed seeing, the dark to balance out the humor, so the movie didn't end up too silly. I hope we get more of this kind of TMNT, because I think it would work well.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 11:19 PM   #613
Poweranimals
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Reefside, CA
Posts: 171
Finally got around to watching and I'm really impressed. Leo was the definitely the MVP of this series and the movie highlights that. His character arc here was great. I like that it wasn't afraid to go darker and this version of Krang was extra creepy. Great use of Casey Jones as well. Not to mention the action was on an epic scale. And of course, it still had a lot of humor but it was much better balanced here.

Leo: "If this isn't the poster shot, someone's getting fired."

I kinda feel bad for the Foot Clan guys though. They have terrible taste in picking leaders. First the Shredder and now the Krang.
__________________

Last edited by Poweranimals; 08-09-2022 at 11:26 PM.
Poweranimals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 07:01 AM   #614
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 39,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
Just got done watching both Season 1 and the movie off of Netflix. Unfortunately I didn't know there was a Season 2 before I saw the movie, so I still have to watch that.

But what I saw was really good. The 1st Season had what I was really craving from a 'new' TMNT iteration, which was fun new original mutants, a change up of the original formula, and just as awesome, no cameos or crossovers with Fred Wolf Turtles. If there are homages, they are small and all iterations get them.1st season to me was actually fun, I actually laughed at some of the jokes, and I haven't done that in a long time.

The movie itself was a blast. Wonderful visuals, and quite dark. Something I enjoyed seeing, the dark to balance out the humor, so the movie didn't end up too silly. I hope we get more of this kind of TMNT, because I think it would work well.
Season 2 has a lot stronger eps than the first, and the 3 part finale is just as good or better than this movie. I definitely recommend the end of Season 2 if you like what you saw.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:13 PM   #615
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 39,099
IGN gave it an 8 out of 10:

https://www.ign.com/articles/rise-of...e-movie-review

Movie is actually well received in most places online.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:14 PM   #616
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,670
Excellent.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.