The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-12-2022, 03:24 PM   #81
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Also Kim pointing to the Gus body double saying she was supposed to shoot him was hilarious too.
That was pretty good.

Quote:
Speaking of that I'm surprised Gus told them to let Kim go just like that.
Yeah, there's a lot of big flags there. Kim could easily later on look up the address of whose house that was, see that it belongs to Gustavo Fring and connect the dots that he must be somehow in bed with the cartels. Risky business on Gus' part. Mike had to have vouched for her, particularly with her being the wife of Saul and all.

Quote:
So Lalo and Howard were buried under the lab all this time.
Practically on top of one another. That was messed up.

Also, what about all of Gus' dead henchmen upstairs that Lalo killed? Is there some reason they wouldn't go in the hole, too?

Quote:
And Saul did never find out Lalo died just that he wasn't coming back so it fits with Breaking Bad.
Yeah, Mike told him he wasn't coming back without explicitly saying he was dead. Just enough doubt that he might still say what he says here:

That reminds me. Damn. 5 episodes from the end of the series and Saul hasn't even gotten his LWYRUP car yet.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 04:03 PM   #82
CyberCubed
Overlord

We're definitely going to get whole episodes set in the "present" which is why we still have 5 eps left and all the major plots are pretty much wrapped up. I definitely think next week will just be a wind-down or aftermath ep, seeing Saul and Kim move on with their work while maybe Cliff asks them about Howard. I also imagine we'll see Gus pay Hector a visit again and maybe more with Lyle at Los Pollos Hermanos (a week can past by in-universe).

I think we need another breather episode, so next week should be slow and steady. I guess the weeks after will be setting Saul up more in his office at the strip mall, and the signs of whatever happens with Kim. I don't think she'll die and I definitely don't think she and Saul ever break up, this ep proves she was willing to kill a complete stranger for his safety.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 04:25 PM   #83
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
We're definitely going to get whole episodes set in the "present" which is why we still have 5 eps left and all the major plots are pretty much wrapped up. I definitely think next week will just be a wind-down or aftermath ep, seeing Saul and Kim move on with their work while maybe Cliff asks them about Howard. I also imagine we'll see Gus pay Hector a visit again and maybe more with Lyle at Los Pollos Hermanos (a week can past by in-universe).
I was saying this elsewhere, but also maybe Gus finds some way to help Nacho's dad. Out of the respect he finally had for him, at the end.

Quote:
I think we need another breather episode, so next week should be slow and steady. I guess the weeks after will be setting Saul up more in his office at the strip mall, and the signs of whatever happens with Kim.
They have to move into that house, he has to get that car, he has to get the strip mall office its blow-up Statue of Liberty from the Kettlemans and... about a year has to pass before it'll hit the beginning of Breaking Bad season 1.

So some kind of time skip or time skip montage is coming, for sure.

Quote:
I don't think she'll die and I definitely don't think she and Saul ever break up, this ep proves she was willing to kill a complete stranger for his safety.
But obviously they do separate. Kim didn't go with Saul to the Disappearer. I'm almost 200% sure he does that to protect her, though, and without her knowledge.

Also, I didn't realize that Spooge from this season...

... is this guy from Breaking Bad:

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 07-12-2022 at 04:31 PM.
Old 07-13-2022, 10:47 AM   #84
CyberCubed
Overlord

As an aside since we only have 5 eps left, I am happy they never "confirmed" that Gus was gay. Some speculation his partner that was killed in front of him in those flashbacks was his lover but they left it ambiguous and never confirmed it. If this was any other series they would be making a big deal out of Gus "revealed" to be gay to pander to certain crowds, so I'm glad they didn't do it.

Granted Gus is a murderer and drug smuggler, so revealing he's gay would probably be anti-representation for these people. I don't think they need to homo him up, but his lack of a wife at his age (especially in his 40's) is suspicious.
Old 07-13-2022, 11:57 AM   #85
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
As an aside since we only have 5 eps left, I am happy they never "confirmed" that Gus was gay. Some speculation his partner that was killed in front of him in those flashbacks was his lover but they left it ambiguous and never confirmed it. If this was any other series they would be making a big deal out of Gus "revealed" to be gay to pander to certain crowds, so I'm glad they didn't do it.

Granted Gus is a murderer and drug smuggler, so revealing he's gay would probably be anti-representation for these people. I don't think they need to homo him up, but his lack of a wife at his age (especially in his 40's) is suspicious.
There were children's toys and drawings in his house all over the place in Breaking Bad so we've seen a little bit of a retcon here. Here, we see inside his house and it's immaculately clean with no toys or drawings of any kind anywhere.

I think we're to infer that he staged the toys/paintings for Walt's benefit, doesn't have a wife/kids, and is in fact a homosexual. But maybe closer to asexual, after he lost his "butt brother" (Hector's words). And yeah, while probably the thought crossed their heads about officially outing Gus, TPTB probably thought better of it when considering how that might be received. i.e., the LGBTQ outcry about a black gay male being depicted as the leader of a global meth empire/mafia, because LGBTQ are only allowed to be angel-like characters in the arts now.
Old 07-15-2022, 11:40 AM   #86
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Damn, let this guy take a crack at the whole show.
Old 07-26-2022, 08:09 PM   #87
Powder
So tired of this place

The re-casting of Jeff is quite unfortunate, but, I guess it doesn't matter, considering I can't really see the original guy doing what the new one did. He was a lot scarier, after all.

Sure didn't expect the whole rest of the series to be Gene episodes, but it seems that's the route we're going. Finally, IMO!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 08:23 PM   #88
neatoman
Emperor

Anyone thinking the "bad crowd" might have been the neo nazis?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 09:35 PM   #89
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
The re-casting of Jeff is quite unfortunate, but, I guess it doesn't matter, considering I can't really see the original guy doing what the new one did. He was a lot scarier, after all.

Sure didn't expect the whole rest of the series to be Gene episodes, but it seems that's the route we're going. Finally, IMO!
Yeah, the first Jeff actor was way better. More weasely. I guess he was busy, I read. But two years between seasons and they couldn't figure out scheduling for him?

I know we'll get more Saul during Breaking Bad somehow but I hope it's not going to be a Darth Vader in the SW prequels situation... where you only get a tiny bit at the end. Or maybe things happen in reverse. We get the Kim reunion with Gene then they happily reflect on what they were up to during key Breaking Bad stuff.
Old 07-27-2022, 05:24 AM   #90
CyberCubed
Overlord

I hope all the remaining episodes aren't in black and white. We're going to get least one Breaking Bad era episode, since Walt and Jessie are confirmed to be in an ep, I wonder why they didn't place it before this one in the episode order since the previous episode led right into it. I guess we'll see Mike and Gus one last time in that ep, maybe. If not, the previous ep was Gus' final appearance.

After that I guess the final 2 episodes are just Saul and Kim reuniting, they really have nothing else to do. Saul now solved the Jeff situation and all other plotlines are resolved, so unless it's just him making Cinnabon rolls for the next last 2 episodes, I guess we'll see how he and Kim reunite. I get the feeling next time we see Kim though she'll have moved on, revealed she married someone and has 2 kids or something.
Old 07-27-2022, 09:00 AM   #91
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

They've already said Walt and Jessie will be in "more than one."
Old 08-01-2022, 10:36 PM   #92
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Well, we got it.

Spoiler:
Walt and Jessie show up. It's a recreation of the scene where they first took Saul to the desert. It follows them when they go back into the RV and that's where the new stuff happens. Jessie asks who Lalo is. Nothing really substantial happens and it could probably be cut out just fine.

Yeesh, but about the episode itself. I'm enjoying things but I'm NOT liking where things appear to be going. Gene became pretty unrepentantly evil here with his latest scheme which doesn't bode well for getting too much of a happy ending. At best, maybe it's going to be he finally goes to prison and Kim just comes and visits him there at the end.
Old 08-02-2022, 03:23 PM   #93
CyberCubed
Overlord

While I liked last weeks in isolation with the Cinnabon plot, I am kinda disappointed the last 4 episodes will apparently just be about Gene and Jeff schemes to con people. One episode was fine to resolve Jeff from not ratting Saul out, but the whole rest of the series? Having most of the episode in black and white doesn't help matters either.

We know he'll meet Kim again probably in the next episode, but aside from that having not just Better Call Saul, but the entire Breaking Bad universe which started in 2008 end with this "story arc" feels kinda weird. Especially since barring another prequel series, this is probably the end of this universe. I hope there's some other twist in the final two episodes then.

Besides that it's weird how much older Jessie looked here than in El Camino, when that movie came out as recently as 2019. Did Aaron Paul really age that much in just 3 years? Even his voice is different now. I mean he obviously looked a little older in El Camino than Breaking Bad, but here he looks much older for some reason. And this was only filmed like 3 years apart?
Old 08-02-2022, 04:00 PM   #94
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I don't think we're going to get more Gene and Jeff schemes. I think that is it, and he may not even get out of this one a free man.

I'm sure the idea was that even the mention of Kim from his secretary was enough to turn him "full evil." That they're that bad for each other. I really hope they don't go down a depressing route.
Old 08-02-2022, 04:24 PM   #95
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't think they'll kill Saul, but the scene of the grave Walt/Jessie dug for him transitioning into him sleeping in his bed doesn't bode well. But I still think it's unlikely since they killed off a lot of major characters this series.

Jail time is the most likely, even if it'll be kinda predictable. Otherwise they would just keep him working a low-profile job like Cinnabon for the rest of his life, but Saul just can't stay put.
Old 08-03-2022, 12:08 AM   #96
Powder
So tired of this place

One thing of note, which could very well just be misdirection, is that Vince has said he's read tons of theories online about how the end will go down, & supposedly nobody's really gotten it right.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 12:12 AM   #97
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
One thing of note, which could very well just be misdirection, is that Vince has said he's read tons of theories online about how the end will go down, & supposedly nobody's really gotten it right.
"Gene starts pulling schemes and gets arrested and goes to prison and then gets a visit from Kim at the end" hasn't been a running theory, so yeah...
Old 08-03-2022, 09:30 AM   #98
neatoman
Emperor

So it seems that a twist with Kim was "leaked" by way of German dubbing fucking up the intent of the phone booth scene:
Spoiler:
During the phone call, it turned out that Kim is in prison and that she turned herself in.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 03:04 PM   #99
CyberCubed
Overlord

The weird thing is the time gap. At this point of the series Saul and Kim have been separated for what, around 5 years? The Gene eps take place in 2010. Kim was absent for the whole Breaking Bad era.

At this point you would assume Kim would have moved on and gotten married to someone and have 2 kids by now. Which might very well happen, because it doesn't make sense for her or Saul to still be in contact after 5+ years. I hope the writers don't treat this like it's just a few months later or something.

Most likely we'll find out Kim remarried a random person and is now a mother, so that's why she and Saul won't wind up back together.
Old 08-03-2022, 03:27 PM   #100
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
The weird thing is the time gap. At this point of the series Saul and Kim have been separated for what, around 5 years? The Gene eps take place in 2010. Kim was absent for the whole Breaking Bad era.
The Gene eps take place less than a year after the end of Breaking Bad (which was also 2010), which only seemingly began about a year after Kim left Jimmy. It couldn't be more than that since it would take about a year -- at most -- to complete work on the superlab and everything was brand new, in the wrapping paper even when it was gifted to Walt.

So... Saul and Kim have been separated for about 2 years and some change, at most.

Quote:
Most likely we'll find out Kim remarried a random person and is now a mother, so that's why she and Saul won't wind up back together.
Well, apparently we know the answer, if you peep the spoilers in neatoman's post above.

Spoiler:
Though if she's in prison, what would she be there for, exactly? Beyond kind of being an accomplice in defaming Howard, what would be prison-worthy? Perhaps she does something during the Breaking Bad days we haven't seen yet, and that's what she turns herself in for.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 08-03-2022 at 03:59 PM.