The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-06-2020, 10:27 AM   #21
IMJ
Emperor

Rogue One was a really good flick, but didn't think that Cassian Andor was all that great of a charcter and not overly interested in a series featuring him. I don't begrudge it though - I dunno maybe there are Cassian Andor fans?
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 11:56 AM   #22
Barkworm
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
"Not as bad as the other stuff" isn't very high praise.
It's really bad though. People hate TFA and I agree that it's the laziest script since Home Alone 2 but it had some fun action scenes and charismatic characters. Rogue One's got nothing, the story is boring, the characters are all completely forgettable and the scenes with Vader just make you wish you were watching the old movies. I'd also say that any Vader scene in the old trilogy was more badass than the ridiculously gratuitous fan service at the end of the movie.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 12:14 PM   #23
Leo656
The Franchise

Really? I thought Rogue One was supposed to be "the best one since Empire". Huh.

I guess people talk.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 12:39 PM   #24
Barkworm
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Really? I thought Rogue One was supposed to be "the best one since Empire". Huh.
The best one since Empire was RotJ. I don't like to think about the rest.
I mean, I enjoyed Revenge of the Sith when it first came out but that one hasn't aged well.
Old 12-06-2020, 01:03 PM   #25
sdp
-

Just watch it, you won't hate it, you'll just forget about it.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 01:18 PM   #26
Barkworm
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Right, there's not much to hate about it. But to me, that makes it even worse. I enjoy a really ****** movie but Rogue One is not that, it's nothing but a waste of time.
Old 12-06-2020, 01:39 PM   #27
sdp
-

You watch it once, it doesn't set your world on fire and you forget it but it doesn't mess anything up in the story of ANH. TFA on the other hand might have cool things here and there that are memorable but the plot completely screws up the story of star wars.

It's a pointless movie and I'd rather it not exist but no harm is done to the franchise.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 04:03 PM   #28
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Pretty much this. In some ways it's visual eyecandy. In general I have a hard time remembering the names of any of the "crew" and I don't find myself caring much about them.

But the movie is entertaining in it's own way, and it's given us what was absolutely some of the best 2 minutes or so of Darth Vader on screen ever.
Old 08-01-2022, 12:00 PM   #29
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

The showrunner is excited because the show will be political, and be about refugees:

https://www.darkhorizons.com/andor-s...cal-political/
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 01:36 PM   #30
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
The showrunner is excited because the show will be political, and be about refugees:
Because, rebels fighting against quasi-faschists is not political enough, I guess?

What those mother****ers are smoking? Is anything should represent current American politics? What about the rest of the world? What about subtlety?

Oh, wait, I've forgotten we are talking about talentless hacks, who are trying to make their name by either inserting political message of their own or just trying to change franchise as a whole to "leave a trace of their (worthless) existence".
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 02:37 PM   #31
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Fugitoid. View Post
If you don't like the message, it's because you're not getting enough of the message.
And if even then you don't like it, it's because they didn't explain it to you properly.
Old 08-01-2022, 03:11 PM   #32
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I'm agreeing with you. For goodness sake.
Old 08-03-2022, 08:47 PM   #33
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post

https://www.darkhorizons.com/andor-s...cal-political/
Honestly, I’d be more surprised if it wasn’t political.
Old 10-20-2022, 01:50 PM   #34
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Viewership is super low on the show and keeps going lower:

https://www.darkhorizons.com/andor-v...is-rather-low/
Old 10-20-2022, 11:04 PM   #35
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

I don't get people's fascination with Andor. It has very little in it that makes it feel like Star Wars and it's boring as hell.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 11:28 PM   #36
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
I don't get people's fascination with Andor. It has very little in it that makes it feel like Star Wars and it's boring as hell.
Yeah, I can't really wrap my head around anyone watching Rogue One and then saying, "You know what I want, prequels for the characters that all died in it."

Movie was OK, I guess. No part of me ever really wanted to revisit it.
Old 10-21-2022, 12:46 PM   #37
Sumac
Banned

Rogue One was a decent movie. t least I can say it was much better than any of the Sequels, but tonally it was an extreme departure from everything which made Star Wars, well, Star Wars.

I don't understand fascination of some people with spin-offs, which take established universe into completely different tone, but, whatever.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 02:44 PM   #38
IMJ
Emperor

Star Wars is doing what Star Trek has done going way too far into the "prequel" world at this point.

Not every franchise needs to follow this now formulaic "prequel" release thing. It worked for Star Wars Episodes 1-3 because there was decades of conversation about who Darth Vader was and his rise. The prequels (good or bad) bordered on a holy account of things for that Universe.

But that opened the door for "prequel mania". Star Trek has now almost 100% been mired in prequels since the year 2001. With the exception of the "Rey" films, Star Wars has as well.

Prequels about Darth Vader not only mattered to canon, but to the hearts of fans. Nobody gives a flying $#!( about "Cassian Andor". There is no reason to tap the prequel well for that.
Old 10-21-2022, 03:27 PM   #39
CyberCubed
Overlord

I've watched the 7 eps so far and while you can tell the production values are above Boba-Fett/Obi-wan, the show is sadly kinda boring to me. It's basically Star Wars without the "fun" so to speak. I went into this with an open mind but it's not really doing it for me besides a few select scenes here and there.

I'll watch the rest of it as it airs to see where it goes, but it's not something I'll rewatch years later.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 03:28 PM   #40
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
But that opened the door for "prequel mania". Star Trek has now almost 100% been mired in prequels since the year 2001. With the exception of the "Rey" films, Star Wars has as well.
Yeah, wtf. Especially with Star Trek it's like... let's boldly go... back to where we already went 50 years ago? Even on the same ship? Why?

With Star Wars, there is the unfortunate situation the sequel trilogy left Star Wars in, in that nobody cares to see new stories that take place after it.