The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-21-2022, 07:22 PM   #41
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
and to try to provide some solutions rather than just call out problems, here's how i'd do it (my edit on the left). what do you guys think?
i don't know who drew what but yeah i'd buy your version.
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 07:27 PM   #42
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
i don't know who drew what but yeah i'd buy your version.
aw yeah! thanks dude.
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 07:37 PM   #43
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Ah, crap.

I don't own any NECA figures outside of the movie TMNT and Splinter as the rest of the stuff is just a nightmare to even try to keep up with. But I might "have to" get some of these. Especially if they do a Ninjara.

Damn it.
New characters like Jagwar and Dreadmon are really exciting even though i don't know who they are but yeah, having to buy the 4 turtles all over again is a little much.
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 10:14 PM   #44
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

I can't believe these are actually being made. The kid in me is very surprised but very happy. This is a line I've wanted forever. But I have to say in seeing the first sculpts, I also wonder if they would consider doing a Chris Allan version of these figures in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I really need Chris Allan figures, the more I think about it. I always considered that the definitive version of the Archie TMNT, so I hope they agree. I think I’d even take sculpts of those over new Mirage figures. I just love the way he drew them.
Yeah I agree with this too. Chris Allan's drawings are the first style I think of when I think of Archie TMNT. I also think it is the definitive version of the Archie series overall. Chris's style just made the comics seem so much more adult and serious to me back when I first read them. I really enjoy Ken Mitchroney's art as well. I feel his is the second best and noteworthy of the Archie run. His style seemed more Disney/Warner Brothers to Chris's "mature" version of the turtles.

But overall I am super happy that this is a thing now and I will be picking up most of these I would assume. This is going to be fun.
Old 02-22-2022, 12:08 AM   #45
Otter
Stone Warrior

Quote:
and to try to provide some solutions rather than just call out problems, here's how i'd do it (my edit on the left). what do you guys think?
The Man Ray reveal had me punching the air with excitement, but I've got to admit, your photoshopping is an improvement still.

I'll be VERY happy with the figure as is, but wouldn't mind at all if it were revised to look more like your edit.

Last edited by Otter; 02-22-2022 at 05:37 AM.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 03:47 AM   #46
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Knuckles View Post
I can't believe these are actually being made. The kid in me is very surprised but very happy. This is a line I've wanted forever. But I have to say in seeing the first sculpts, I also wonder if they would consider doing a Chris Allan version of these figures in the future.

Yeah I agree with this too. Chris Allan's drawings are the first style I think of when I think of Archie TMNT. I also think it is the definitive version of the Archie series overall. Chris's style just made the comics seem so much more adult and serious to me back when I first read them. I really enjoy Ken Mitchroney's art as well. I feel his is the second best and noteworthy of the Archie run. His style seemed more Disney/Warner Brothers to Chris's "mature" version of the turtles.

But overall I am super happy that this is a thing now and I will be picking up most of these I would assume. This is going to be fun.
Yeah. The last thing I really need is another set of basic look turtles, but Allan's would be very hard to resist.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 11:12 AM   #47
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
i think that would be a fantastic idea, honestly, for most characters in this line. the turtles themselves have several styles. chris allan, peter laird, a.c. farley, david garcia, ken mitchroney - all of these are iconic in their own right. having a variant head for at least allan and mitchroney would be awesome.
Yup....
But then I suppose the body-type would be up for debate as well. But let's face it - aside from a bit of "gumby bodies" in the Archie books, a general animated aesthetic would do it. It's really going to be those head sculpts that make or break this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Yeah. The last thing I really need is another set of basic look turtles, but Allan's would be very hard to resist.
I'm with you guys on that as well. But again the real solution is one body and two head sculpts. God this whole thing makes me want to pour over my Archie collection again for the first time in years.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 11:28 AM   #48
mikey see
Mad Scientist

I know nothing about the Archie comic but that Slash will be mine. I might grab the Ray as well, though at $38 apiece these singles are getting a bit silly.

Congrats to all of you who had been begging for this for years. And congrats to my wallet for being able to take a big ol sigh of relief. Toon is winding down and this and Mirage seem to be the direction NECA is headed for a bit. I'm pumped to be able to stop bleeding money!
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 11:30 AM   #49
Dask
Mad Scientist

I really hope they can translate the artwork of Ultra Games TMNT and TMNT III: The Manhattan Project into toy form (including the wicked looking Triceratons!). I prefer them over the bobble head look.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenag...ideo_game).jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenag...3_CoverArt.jpg
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 11:31 AM   #50
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
I really hope they can translate the artwork of Ultra Games TMNT and TMNT III: The Manhattan Project into toy form (including the wicked looking Triceratons!). I prefer them over the bobble head look.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenag...ideo_game).jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenag...3_CoverArt.jpg
I believe that is Michael Dooney art. Figures based on his work would be great, but would probably fit into the Mirage line better. I would love to see them too.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 08:16 PM   #51
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
I know nothing about the Archie comic but that Slash will be mine. I might grab the Ray as well, though at $38 apiece these singles are getting a bit silly.

Congrats to all of you who had been begging for this for years. And congrats to my wallet for being able to take a big ol sigh of relief. Toon is winding down and this and Mirage seem to be the direction NECA is headed for a bit. I'm pumped to be able to stop bleeding money!
Yes i was thinking the same.38 is atleast 10$ to mutch.this is not a ultimate relase and come with less stuff like the gamestop 90 tmnt did.and those did coast 23/24$ so i think 27/28$ is wath this figures shoued sell fore.
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 08:26 PM   #52
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior

I have to Ask with the toon line getting the most harcore relased,how maney of you will just buy the essential if its eny left and switch to archie?
Also i belive maney did not like the two tone color on the toon line and did not collect the line but will jump on this because its one color with some few line work like the mirage series.
I guess it will fit more In with other collections like the batman animated AS well that will Get more people to collect them.
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 09:48 PM   #53
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Purple Dragon View Post
I have to Ask with the toon line getting the most harcore relased,how maney of you will just buy the essential if its eny left and switch to archie?
Also i belive maney did not like the two tone color on the toon line and did not collect the line but will jump on this because its one color with some few line work like the mirage series.
I guess it will fit more In with other collections like the batman animated AS well that will Get more people to collect them.
Will probably buy Archie/Mirage/IDW (as long as NECA is still releasing the same number of figures per given year, instead of going amok with all the lines in parallel). However, this is a problematic scenario because I do plan to collect NECA's Gargoyles (and we know how deep that line goes!), Super7 TMNT/ThunderCats/SilverHawks and the Loyal Subjects TMNT.

I don't think the two color tone was much of an issue for the Toon line unless someone really despises it for reasons that don't altogether make rational sense or have an OCD'ish itch about it. I think the main issue was with the pixelation in the toon line as it often obscures the sculpts (duzmachines did a fantastic repaint of Pirate B&R and bringing out all the details of sculpt). However, having said this, the ink lines and overall brush strokes have been becoming more and more refined with time (especially in these new comic book inspired figures).

Last edited by Dask; 02-22-2022 at 09:53 PM.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 05:04 AM   #54
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Oh, wow. Is $38 what they go for now?
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 08:30 AM   #55
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
I've been noticing that toys have been getting more expensive from everyone. NECA, Super7, Hasbro, even Playmates! It's gotten pretty ridiculous.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 08:38 AM   #56
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
Yyyyyyep, and Slash only comes with two weapons and two extra pairs of hands. A little over a year ago we got Krang for $35...
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 08:53 AM   #57
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Yyyyyyep, and Slash only comes with two weapons and two extra pairs of hands. A little over a year ago we got Krang for $35...
$40 - Basically NECA is going to position these as their "Super 7 Ultimates" market entry.

I'll have limited stomach for this at that price point....
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 11:00 AM   #58
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I feel like SOMEONE at Archie did give Man Ray scales in something. Maybe it was a guest artist.
Looks like Don Simpson did...but he even gave the turtles scales:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RCO029_1581136485.jpg (98.8 KB, 40 views)

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 11:06 AM   #59
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Looks like Don Simpson did...but he even gave the turtles scales:
Ah yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking of.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 11:29 AM   #60
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
yeah, he should at least have another head. i'd expect a more detailed sculpt and more intricate paint deco at this price point, as well, but not seeing it. he seems directly comparable with 1/2 of the cartoon line two packs but for the price of the entire thing. and the more i look at that head sculpt, the more my overly critical ass feels it's off.

i've been waiting forever for this line, and i think i'm going to pass.
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote