Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 03:22 PM   #4301
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
Oh, so Raph is incompetent again. Not to mention that everyone acts like he's so terrible. What a way to bash us over the head with that. So not only does it look ugly, it's also written ugly.
The art is good in a way, but the characters are hard to watch. 2k12 was already bad enough with the handling of Mikey and Raph.

I'm attuned to changes. And I'll be completely fine if they got rid of his anger issues or just turned him into 80s Raph. But this is just pure idiocy.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:28 PM   #4302
Vegita-San
Emperor

no different than 2k12 mikey being a pure idiot.

sigh.

i've never really been a fan of stupid charachters for the sake of humor. the only ones that i've ever liked where beavis and butt head and the original bebop and rocksteady, if only because at times it seemed they where self aware of how bad they where .

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Old 06-19-2018, 03:35 PM   #4303
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

man I have to Agree Raph is kinda treated more like an Idiot in this than he was in the 2k12 series.
Old 06-19-2018, 04:43 PM   #4304
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

The second part of the Rise!TMNT motion comic is available on Facebook.

Yeah ... still cringey ...

Last edited by Papenbrook; 06-19-2018 at 04:52 PM.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:04 PM   #4305
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post

I didn't think it was possible for the dialogue to get any worse than the first part. But they went there lol
Old 06-19-2018, 05:05 PM   #4306
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post

One of the sound effects is "Kraang"... I don't know if that was intentional. Meat Sweats sucks, is he meant to be a parody of Gordon Ramsay?

Anyway, I need to read "Sons of the Silent Age" and "I, Monster" to get myself out of this cringe.
Hahahaha!
Old 06-19-2018, 05:26 PM   #4307
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Also, Donnie the "adrenaline enthusiast"?

So much for the genius. Maybe he's still smarter than the rest, but thrill seeking types of behavior may literally say something about his brain development. Case in point...
Quote:
https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0405182931.htm

They found that people who reported seeking high levels of stimulation or excitement had reduced cortical thickness, or gray matter, in brain regions associated with decision making and self-control.
Yet thicker gray matter is supposedly associated with intelligence.

Quote:
https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0211084051.htm

For the first time, scientists have identified a gene linking the thickness of the grey matter in the brain to intelligence. Teenagers carrying a particular gene variant had a thinner cortex in the left cerebral hemisphere, particularly in the frontal and temporal lobes, and performed less well on tests for intellectual ability.

The researchers looked at the cerebral cortex, the outermost layer of the human brain. It is known as 'grey matter' and plays a key role in memory, attention, perceptual awareness, thought, language and consciousness. Previous studies have shown that the thickness of the cerebral cortex, or 'cortical thickness', closely correlates with intellectual ability, however no genes had yet been identified.
I mean, not to offend thrill seekers, but pretty sure a lot of those traits listed in that last paragraph are things Donnie should reasonably need.

Oh good, we get to see the rest of it already. So. Um.

I sorta hope that "omigosh" is Mikey's new thing... Just to throw any good taste or last hopes to the wind and allow all the Turtles to be super annoying or a let down in some way.

Geezes that writing, etc. I hope for the series sake it's better than this.

Also, why are we taking turns in the fight. Mikey and Leo are next? Then April... This isn't working together.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-19-2018 at 05:42 PM.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:47 PM   #4308
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Also, apparently Splinter's weapon will be his TV remote.

Just ... why ...
Old 06-19-2018, 05:52 PM   #4309
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I hope it's at least a magic tv remote that can pause time.

Spoiler:
Right. It'll just pause his show/movie.

Well, if it's going to be a train wreck at least we have time to come to terms with that and by premier time attempt to at least accept it as a possible guilty pleasure instead.
Old 06-19-2018, 06:42 PM   #4310
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post

Maybe they had fun making it, but that writing (and voice work)... No, that didn't sound a bit forced (and rubbing in junk about Raph) at all. Nope. No way. Never.

Only thing that I slightly laughed at was Donnie's line about jeopardizing their friend an family discount.

Then going over traits about them at the end and it's all skills related...except Leo. Unless you're dumb enough to count knowing when to give a one liner as a skill. Oh my boy, what have they done to you. Even tried to apply strategy to Raph as well. Ugh. But trying to emphasize Raph's position so in your face just also feels like they're setting him up to be thrown under the bus hard for drama/plot sake... More ugh.

I hope these "motion comics" aren't the entirety of the tie-in comics that were mentioned... If so, omg... what the hell.
Leo's in this version wants to have fun like a teenager and make up things for the guys to use so that's his character at first but he's genius enough to lead the group so will likely see that over time but for now * sigh *

Raph I don't know how they will fix his character over the next few episodes, I mean how can they make him evolve into a better character in this mess? I guess they can have him realize his jumping into things without thinking can cause more damage and notice Leo's more fit for the role. I didn't think he'd be this bad though, it'd be different if we knew he could be a better leader over time like what happened with 2012 Leo only different since Raph is a hothead but we know Leo will eventually step in so.

UGH it's like I don't know what to make of it.
Old 06-19-2018, 06:51 PM   #4311
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Also, Donnie the "adrenaline enthusiast"?

So much for the genius. Maybe he's still smarter than the rest, but thrill seeking types of behavior may literally say something about his brain development. Case in point...

Yet thicker gray matter is supposedly associated with intelligence.

I mean, not to offend thrill seekers, but pretty sure a lot of those traits listed in that last paragraph are things Donnie should reasonably need.

Maybe, he'll gain those traits over time (hopefully)?
Old 06-19-2018, 07:01 PM   #4312
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I hope so, maybe it's just something he too will "outgrow." If not, it's a shame that he and Leo aren't allowed to be the two calmer, more serious ones... Sounds like everyone has to be wild and crazy this time. That's gonna get exhausting.

Since that second video contained portions of the first half, but with parts missing, I'm wondering if the second half in it is complete. Maybe there will be more to it in the "official" release of the second half.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-19-2018 at 07:55 PM.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:07 PM   #4313
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Yikes! That was pretty cringe! If Raph really is this bad where everybody takes shots at him, I fear their way of handling of him in the show.

Also I hear Jim Cummings in Meat Sweats.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:59 PM   #4314
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Also I hear Jim Cummings in Meat Sweats.
Not even close.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Old 06-19-2018, 08:22 PM   #4315
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Not even close.
Doesn't mean it actually is him.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:27 PM   #4316
Vegita-San
Emperor

I can see how it can kind of sound like jim in one spot, but I don't think that's him.

My god. the writing is so damn basic it's pointless. 'I only wanted a portable kitchen, now i'll kill you?'

why does leo have a portal sword? why is donnie turned into a hover vehicle for april to ride?

who i n the wholy hell let playmates have free range at designing a series themselves? cause that's what all this feels like.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Old 06-20-2018, 12:01 AM   #4317
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

When I viewed the video again, I noticed that the team were trying to retrieve the veggie pizza.

So, I guess they listened to PETA after all.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:23 AM   #4318
newfan
Mad Scientist

Poor Raph.

I decided to try and step back and just see this show as it is meant, they did describe younger and lighter. How much depth there will be with characters etc remains to be seen, although I think these are supposed to be shorter, fun eps, there was a hint of an over all plot... so there will be some.
As I have I said already, I expect it to be one of the toons I watch with my children. So far as my itch for more TMNT, I'm going to look to other versions for that.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:39 AM   #4319
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Well that was... Mildly annoying.
It seems ok so far. Looking forward to more.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
Old 06-20-2018, 01:36 PM   #4320
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

My one true fear came true.

One of the Turtles ... started to shake his rear.

I don't even ...
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters