The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 03-14-2006, 12:18 PM   #1
martinitolove
Foot Soldier

Any TMNT Mutant Melee lovers here?

Hey, it is a GREAT game. Am playing it right now and having a lot of fun with it. Nevertheless I'd love to see more DIFFERENT characters there.

Does anyone have a full move list of the characters?

Looking forward to Mutant Melee 2!!!
martinitolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:38 PM   #2
Mobius One
Hench Mutant

Hey man, I actually liked that game too. Are they coming out with a sequel to it?

Formerly Demogoblin87...
Mobius One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 07:08 PM   #3
TheGreenMagic
Foot Soldier

I found it a decent game, considering it was released as a budget title. Nothing beats going around and making turtle soup out of the TMNT as Shredder.

As for the roster... well, that could have used some work. Karai, Ultimate Ninja... instead we got three version of April and two of the Shredder (if I recall correctly).
Old 03-20-2006, 10:13 PM   #4
Spitfire
Writer • Director

I never bothered to get it, some said it was good, most said it sucked. The current run of TMNT games gives me a grim out look on anything they release...I'm scared of it. I didn't even buy TMNT 3...I wanted the DS one too.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:06 AM   #5
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Not sure if I love it...I'm not much of a gamer so I'm pretty m,uch at an impass, with 5 of my 7 characters...I've beaten the game as Raph and April. But I can't get past where I am with the other turtles, Casey, and Mr. Basic Foot-head.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 02:59 AM   #6
Damien Kash
Foot Soldier

Yeah!! I loved it too!And i have friends who love it,meaning multiplayer-action.The only thing "wrong" with it was the character selection...I want Karai,Usagi,Leatherhead,Ratking,utroms,ultimate ninja,Angel and lots more...But Konami should really make a new TMNT-tournament fighters game with the new version of the turtles...now that was fighting!
Damien Kash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 03:40 AM   #7
Dragnskull
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien Kash
...Konami should really make a new TMNT-tournament fighters game with the new version of the turtles...now that was fighting!
agreed, a new TMNT:TF would kick major shell if built properly

Dragnskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 11:47 PM   #8
Tigershard
Hench Mutant

I got the game the day it was released, played it for maybe an hour and haven't touched it since. I got stuck with Leo the first time you face Oroku Saki. Seeing this discussion thread got me interested in the game again. I got out the manual, looked at the controls, and finally figured out how to do some moves other than the basic attack, such as the block braking movies, and now I am loving it. Once I finish with the four turtles I will start on the other characters. I have Leo and Don done, and will go to Raph next.
Tigershard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 02:30 PM   #9
Shadow_Ranger
Mouser

I'm still not sure if I should get this game or not. The reviews where crap, and the screens look kinda well..lame. How is the gameplay? Is it any good?
Shadow_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 09:18 AM   #10
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinitolove
Hey, it is a GREAT game. Am playing it right now and having a lot of fun with it. Nevertheless I'd love to see more DIFFERENT characters there.
It's a damn shame this was never released for the PS2 -- I would've probably gotten it, seeing as I have TMNT 1, 2 and 3. It's basically a multiplayer-focused game, right?
Ecto Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 03:00 PM   #11
martinitolove
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_Ranger
I'm still not sure if I should get this game or not. The reviews where crap, and the screens look kinda well..lame. How is the gameplay? Is it any good?
It's a great game! Worth EVERY cent you are paying for it!

Really!

I love it!
martinitolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:22 PM   #12
wyze2099
Hench Mutant

I like the game too. I have it on my computer, which means I really can't do anything with the multiplayer modes, but it's fun anyway. I like the quick, chaotic stages, though some of them are incredibly hard. I still have yet to beat the game and I've had it for months.

As far as I know, Mutant Melee was the worst-reviewed of the recent TMNT games so far (and I admit it does show that it's a budget title), but I haven't let that bother me since there's a lot to do in the game. I suppose as a casual gamer I have lower standards than most for a TMNT game: it just has to be simple, fun, and fast-paced, and Melee is all three.

Editor-in-Chief of
Marvel Crossroads fanfiction group
wyze2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 02:14 AM   #13
R-iZZy
The Long Con

I loved playing it with my friends. it could've used some work, but it was still fun to play with others. It felt like Smash Brothers, a little bit.

R-iZZy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 04:25 PM   #14
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!

Melee is fun for a beatemup game...I got it here on the laptop...it's fun. It can be difficult though!
Old 08-23-2006, 06:35 PM   #15
PanMan
Stone Warrior

Is this a fighting game like Tournament Fighters (ie. like a Mortal Kombat game), or is it an action game like the previous 3 games were?

[February 19, 2005] I believe that The Shredder will appear in the New Cartoon past Season 3
PanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 10:38 PM   #16
Jones_Casey
Thug

it's not you're typical beat em up it's a fighting game but not like the other games kinda hard to explain but: you play as a character and have a set objective to either beat up another character(s), avoid traps / bombs / spikes or destroy targets. as i said hard to explain but imagine the first two games in a mortal kombat like setting and you'll get the idea.

also i have a list of all the characters that appear in the game if anyone wants me to post them.
Jones_Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 05:40 AM   #17
PizzaPower
Foot Elite

yea post em, and if they ever release it on ps2, then I will get it.
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:10 AM   #18
Jones_Casey
Thug

it's out on PS2 just not in america i think so you'll either have to move countrys or get it imported.

okay onto the characters:

Donatello (Adventure Mode and Melee Mode)
Raphael (Adventure Mode and Melee Mode)
Michaelangelo (Adventure Mode and Melee Mode)
Leonardo (Advernture Mode and Melee Mode)
Splinter (Unlockable Adventure Mode and Melee Mode)
Casey Jones (Unlockable Adventure Mode and Melee Mode)
April O'Neil (Unlockable Adventure Mode and Melee Mode)
Shredder (Unlockable Adventure Mode and Melee Mode)
Hun (Unlockable Adventure Mode and Melee Mode)
Foot Ninja (Unlockable Adventure Mode and Melee Mode)
Casey Jones in hooded top and jacket (Unlockable Melee Mode)
Casey Jones in red underwear (Unlockable Melee Mode)
April O'Neil in bathing suit (Unlockable Melee Mode)
Oroku Saki (Unlockable Melee Mode)
Golden Shredder (Unlockable Melee Mode)
Young Hun from Casey Jones flashbacks (Unlockable Melee Mode)
Foot Muscle (Unlockable Melee Mode)
Foot Tech Ninja (Unlockable Melee Mode)
Traximus (Melee Mode)
Sleeg the alien from Triceraton prison (Melee Mode)
Mutant seems to be a character created soley for the game (Unlockable Melee Mode)
4 Purple Dragons, two with green/blue mask and two with blonde/ginger hair (None Playable, Only fightable in Adventure Mode)
Also Mousers are playable when you're character dies in Melee Mode you take control of a Mouser but they can't do any damage they're just used to distract opponents by biting them
Giant Mouser and Turtlebot make an appearence in Adventure Mode but are none fightable

Adventure Mode is like a story mode where you fight through the story with each of the four turtles, between the four stories you fight every character in the game, at certain points you unlock Casey's and April's stories and when you complete each turtles Adventure Mode you unlock Adventure Modes for Shredder, Hun, Splinter and the Foot Ninja.

Melee Mode is a multiplayer free play where you just beat eachother up and do other tasks you start off with the four turtles, Splinter, Shredder, April, Casey, Hun, The Foot Ninja, Traximus and Sleeg, all other characters must be unlocked usually through completeling the six none turtle characters Adventure modes but most of these are just costume changes and the only real unlockable character is the Mutant which may have supposed to been StoneBiter as he looks like StoneBiter with a glass bowl on his head and StoneBiter is on the package to the game.

Also there is a lot of unlockable levels and game types and a whole database that can slowly be purchased with points that are earned including bios, images, toy prototypes, comic book pictures among other things.
Jones_Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:59 PM   #19
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Welcome Back!

BAM! Just like that a 2.5 year-old thread is revived!

Should it be? I don't know, but I just had to throw in my two cents about this game after picking up a complete, unopened copy of the PC version for only $6.50.

I was concerned it would be some of the worst $7 bucks I ever spent due to the poor "reviews" this game got upon release. While there are many things that disappoint me about this game (lack of playable characters, stilted graphics, and awkward hit detection), I have to admit I am really glad I picked it up.

This game really entertains me, sometimes unintentionally so. I started out with Raph and was amused at the ferocity with which the turtles "trained" with each other. Slapping Donatello was my first joy, though he got his revenge on me later. Next up was Casey Jones' and his mission to beat up both good & bad sides of his conscience to prove that he wasn't ruled by either side (What? LOL). As Donatello, Leonardo and I horsed around April's apartment destroying her stuff and unintentionally knocking her down in the process. Then after I unlocked April, I KO'd all four turtles with her devastating spin kick. The voice clips in this game are hilarious and the dancing "victory" animations are a hoot as well.

It's a poor man's Powerstone... no where near as good as that series but still fun and it bears more than a little resemblance to the classic TMNT: Tournament Fighters series.

This has been my two cents on an over-looked button masher only fanboys could enjoy. Thank you very much.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 09-14-2011 at 09:07 AM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:22 AM   #20
Ninjinister
無問題

Sounds like you and I more or less agree.

Tags
konami, mutant melee, video games