The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > The Technodrome News

Notices

Old 04-09-2004, 12:03 PM   #1
Splinter
Radical Rat

Update: Funimation Speaks on Missing Vol. 7 & 8 Intros!!

Well, it seems that Funimation has finally had the final say about the misssing intros on the Volume 7 & 8's DVD's. TVShowsOnDVD.Com, has spoken with the DVD production company, and we now have the answers. Follow the link at the end of this story, for the full information from the turtle's mouth, over at TSOD.Com.

According to them, the intros for RTNY 2 & 3, and Search for Splinter 2 were left off the DVD's by choice. As they were deemed unnecissary for the story. As they were just recaps of the episode that had come before. There will be no recall and no repressing of DVD's at this time to put the intros back on the DVD's. They also claim that the source material from 4Kids was lacking these intros in the first place.

So Funimation seems to be claiming that it was the choice of 4Kids, to not include the intros. Which doesn't make much sense, since the intros are intact on the VHS copies of these releases. One would think if they are going to create DVD and VHS releases, they would use the same source material for both. I passed this info back to TVShowsOnDVD, and hopefully they can do some more digging on this matter.

All I can recommend at this point, is that you continue to write Funimation and 4Kids that you want these DVD's to feature the episodes as they originally appeared on TV. But remember to be polite and not attack the company. An angry letting is typically never read. Show your passion for this matter to be corrected, but with respect and intelligence. And remember to snail mail them, electronic mail doesn't have nearly the impact that a personal letter does. Because it is physical, and proves you care enough to take the time to write them personally.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=1375

R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - New Episode Guide
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 01:02 PM   #2
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

I think it's obvious thats just an excuse, because why would they be on the vhs copies? I don't really care about it but they should make fewer mistakes. I think I'm going to write them and ask these questions:
1. Whats the deal with the messed up side cover on notes from the underground?
2. How come there is PL interview 1,2,3,4,7,8 but no 5,6?
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 04:29 PM   #3
TheRATKING
Stone Warrior

im very happy that all eps are being released but there starting to get kinda sloppy

"The riddle is yours... that which can sustain you is within your reach... but not yet within your grasp"
R.K. issue 55 vol. 1
TheRATKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 01:22 PM   #4
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Like I always say when it comes to dubs and DVDs...

4Kids Entertainment sucks.
Old 04-10-2004, 07:44 PM   #5
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

If they left out the intros because they were just recaps we already saw, then would they leave the episode "reflections" out?
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 08:03 PM   #6
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Yeah, that's got me worried too.
Old 04-12-2004, 06:31 PM   #7
Hamato_Saki
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRATKING
im very happy that all eps are being released but there starting to get kinda sloppy
you mean to say "they're" starting to get kinda sloppy...

sorry... just had to tease you about being sloppy about your spelling.

No harm, no foul... just havent posted in a while.
Hamato_Saki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 07:36 PM   #8
MTN889
Stone Warrior

Location: I would tell you, but i fear an attack of AOL Trial CDs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamato_Saki
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRATKING
you mean to say "they're" starting to get kinda sloppy...

sorry... just had to tease you about being sloppy about your spelling.

No harm, no foul... just havent posted in a while.
That wasn't nice. At all. This isnt a homework assignment. We dont have to spell perfectly.
MTN889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 07:44 PM   #9
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Amen to that.
Old 04-13-2004, 03:31 PM   #10
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant

Meh... I wasn't too thrilled when I heard that Funimation would be handling the DVD releases of TMNT. I remember hearing all kinds of mistakes that the company made when releasing DBZ on DVD.

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
azure turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 09:21 PM   #11
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

See? I said it was useless to put them on there. And I'm sure any letters they receive on the matter will be promptly thrown away, since they won't care about it if you've already bought them. They've got your money, and that's all that matters.

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 09:22 PM   #12
TheRATKING
Stone Warrior

ugh

"The riddle is yours... that which can sustain you is within your reach... but not yet within your grasp"
R.K. issue 55 vol. 1
Old 06-21-2004, 09:24 PM   #13
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

What. Tell me, man, what?

Old 06-21-2004, 09:26 PM   #14
TheRATKING
Stone Warrior

i dont understand these posts on topics that are so old alot have been dead for two months

R.K. issue 55 vol. 1
Old 06-21-2004, 09:31 PM   #15
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

Well if they're so old why aren't they deleted from the board?

Can't I comment needlessly on old crap if it makes me happy? I'm not hurting anyone.

Old 08-13-2004, 08:45 AM   #16
MC
Thug

It is extremely unlikely that they will be re-released with intros intact. After all, they are aimed at kids, who aren't really going to care that much. Kids certainly won't be firing off any nasty letters! Plus, as KROW said, they have your money. Regardless of how shoddy the product is, people are still buying them, so they have absolutely no incentive to change what they are doing!

If they were selling poorly, and it was pointed out that missing intros affected sales, something might happen then. However, I think that the missing intros have had little or no impact on sales.
MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 04:58 PM   #17
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

4Kids has never cared, and never will care about the older fans, as their name inplies. They don't produce the show, Don Woo animation does. 4Kids just pays for it. If they produced the series themselves, then I think it would be utter garbage. The job they do on the DVD's, and every anime they've ever dubbed proves it. Thank God that Don Woo is animating the series, and that Laird has such a death grip on it, because it he ever loosens it........*shudder* 4Kids would give us modern TMNT bike safety tip Public Service Announcements. Please don't ever loosen your grip Laird....
Old 11-20-2004, 11:40 AM   #18
Jed
Stone Warrior

Ok, I know this topic is old but the region 2 versions of volume 7 and 8 have only just been released here. Does anyone know if this problem was carried over to the region 2 versions? Also, what do you mean by "intro", do you mean the part before the episode starts properly, ala "Previously, on Buffy The Vampire Slayer" etc.? If that's the case it won't bother me too much, I don't watch TMNT on TV and I won't need a recap of an episode I've seen moments before
I am Frank-Zappa-as-imagined-by-the-editor-of-a-famous-rock-&-roll-magazine. I am an anachronism who makes the ugliest music on the planet. I have no right to call myself a member of the human race. I am tasteless, untalented, pompous, arrogant, cruel, insensitive, vulgar and not a fun guy because I don't use drugs.

Jed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 07:00 AM   #19
Jed
Stone Warrior

The intros to Return To New York part 2 and 3 are intact on the region 2 versions, I watched them last night. I still haven't watched volume 8 yet though.
I am Frank-Zappa-as-imagined-by-the-editor-of-a-famous-rock-&-roll-magazine. I am an anachronism who makes the ugliest music on the planet. I have no right to call myself a member of the human race. I am tasteless, untalented, pompous, arrogant, cruel, insensitive, vulgar and not a fun guy because I don't use drugs.

Jed is offline   Reply With Quote