The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 04-21-2021, 07:11 AM   #3981
AquaParade
Banned

Those "cracks" leading from nose to mouth in the disguise set are borderline unacceptable.

To me, they scream of something that was rushed out with the intention to be fixed in a re-release. Sorry, but that seems to be the Neca bread and butter.
Whether it is in a re-release of this pack or somewhere else, we will see those heads again, without the cracks, and will be compelled to label it an "improvement".
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 07:18 AM   #3982
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Optimistic me wants this Friday's drop to be the disguise 4-pack and the punk frogs. That way I don't have to stress about hunting for them.

Realistic me thinks Ultimate Foot Soldier is probably a pretty good guess, which means it's probably a pass (that wouldn't be terrible since I could save the $15 shipping).

As for the Mad Hatter, I've only seen two of his videos and I can't say I'm a fan. I agree with an earlier post, the production value brings the videos down and I didn't love his personality. I much prefer Toy Bro and Pixel Dan (and Fwoosh, though they don't review TMNT).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Those "cracks" leading from nose to mouth in the disguise set are borderline unacceptable.
YES. I was surprised Toy Bro didn't bring that up. That line is WAY too deep. If I didn't know better I'd think that was the seam for the detachable part of the head.

Last edited by mikey see; 04-21-2021 at 07:59 AM.
mikey see is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 08:49 AM   #3983
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:

To me, they scream of something that was rushed out with the intention to be fixed in a re-release. Sorry, but that seems to be the Neca bread and butter.
Whether it is in a re-release of this pack or somewhere else, we will see those heads again, without the cracks, and will be compelled to label it an "improvement".
It exist in the 1/4 scale giant figures too.
Unfortunately not enough people are making a big deal out of it,
so not sure if Neca is aware.
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 08:54 AM   #3984
AquaParade
Banned

The obvious solution is to just provide a few more heads with different expressions. The "play factor" of getting to make a "Mr. Potato head - turtle" doesn't seem worth the loss in aesthetics. Good idea, bad execution.

I mean, c'mon Neca...how many times do you guys get to reuse these sculpts? Not only are your turtle toys selling like hot cakes, but a healthy chunk of them are using the same parts over and over. They could have included the extra heads instead.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 09:52 AM   #3985
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
Optimistic me wants this Friday's drop to be the disguise 4-pack and the punk frogs. That way I don't have to stress about hunting for them.
Me too man. I just don't want to do it.....
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 10:03 AM   #3986
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Quote:
The obvious solution is to just provide a few more heads with different expressions. The "play factor" of getting to make a "Mr. Potato head - turtle" doesn't seem worth the loss in aesthetics. Good idea, bad execution.

I mean, c'mon Neca...how many times do you guys get to reuse these sculpts? Not only are your turtle toys selling like hot cakes, but a healthy chunk of them are using the same parts over and over. They could have included the extra heads instead.
I don't mind the way it is now, because this is probably the most cost-effective way to get eight head sculpts for each Turtle (I DO wish they'd included four of each lower portion, though).

As to the line, I'm not positive we're thinking of the same thing, but if it's the one I'm thinking of, it's the seam where the "beak" attaches to the rest of the face. I have no idea why they made it two separate pieces unless it has to do with attaching the tongue, but it's only present on the open mouth pieces, and I don't find it that distracting aesthetically, but it bothers me a lot in terms of the fragility of the piece.
Y2Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 12:11 PM   #3987
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Or Target could put these on their website already to give us a shot!
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 12:48 PM   #3988
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTFanatic4Life View Post
Or Target could put these on their website already to give us a shot!
and be sold out in less than 2 minutes.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 12:53 PM   #3989
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Do we think this might be the start of NECA putting past Target sales up for preorder regularly? I'd be down if say once a quarter they'd let me preorder and catch up. Be nice if they did it for the Movie line too. I may be alone here but really hoping they do April Friday. Now that I was able to order Vernon I really want to get the Channel 6 crew.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 12:56 PM   #3990
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post

Yeah well at least we get a small chance vs not finding this atm
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 01:02 PM   #3991
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
But this way I don't have to gamble. I can get my kicks trying my luck on the Target site.

Actually kinda hoping these show up on NECA Friday. Probably not but would be nice. These and April and I would be extatic. Anything else would just be gravy at that point.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 02:17 PM   #3992
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
Actually kinda hoping these show up on NECA Friday. Probably not but would be nice. These and April and I would be extatic. Anything else would just be gravy at that point.
My guess is this Friday's preorder will be something that hasn't officially been revealed yet (at least not completely), so maybe like Zack, Baxter, Shreeka, Groundchuck & Dirtbag or Wingnut and Screwloose.
Y2Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 05:03 PM   #3993
Shogun26
Mad Scientist

Found one disguise pack at target in Omaha at the crossroads location! Could not believe my luck. Very thankful I wont have to pay shipping for this set.

Guys...I think Turtle Mania is back for good.
Shogun26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 06:46 PM   #3994
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
Do we think this might be the start of NECA putting past Target sales up for preorder regularly? I'd be down if say once a quarter they'd let me preorder and catch up. Be nice if they did it for the Movie line too. I may be alone here but really hoping they do April Friday. Now that I was able to order Vernon I really want to get the Channel 6 crew.
Yeah it would be cool to have Irma and a "50 foot" variant. I'm not gonna hold my breath on them getting THAT obscure though. LOL!
Old 04-21-2021, 07:08 PM   #3995
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-U-R-T-L-E POWA! View Post
Yeah it would be cool to have Irma and a "50 foot" variant. I'm not gonna hold my breath on them getting THAT obscure though. LOL!
maybe not a 50 foot variant but maybe a combine a figure like marvel would've been cool. maybe a knucklehead, mac, or rex-1.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
Old 04-21-2021, 07:20 PM   #3996
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Josh View Post
My guess is this Friday's preorder will be something that hasn't officially been revealed yet (at least not completely), so maybe like Zack, Baxter, Shreeka, Groundchuck & Dirtbag or Wingnut and Screwloose.
Zack??
Zack would be nice but won't get my heart pumping.
I really want Irma or Dirtbag/Groundchuck.
That and disguise turtles/casey preorder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun26 View Post
Found one disguise pack at target in Omaha at the crossroads location! Could not believe my luck. Very thankful I wont have to pay shipping for this set.
wow, gratz
Old 04-21-2021, 07:36 PM   #3997
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
Zack??
Zack would be nice but won't get my heart pumping.
I really want Irma or Dirtbag/Groundchuck.
That and disguise turtles/casey preorder.

wow, gratz
actually they did show his shadow in a window in the disguise pack.

Kenny O'Donnell

Old 04-21-2021, 07:51 PM   #3998
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
actually they did show his shadow in a window in the disguise pack.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eyc5mVfW...g&name=900x900
oh, you mean the fifth turtle? I thought he was talking bout the neutrino.
Would be cruel to tease us irma and not give us her.
I mean, the prototype is even ready.
Old 04-22-2021, 08:33 AM   #3999
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
maybe not a 50 foot variant but maybe a combine a figure like marvel would've been cool. maybe a knucklehead, mac, or rex-1.
Now that you've said this, NECA should pump out a large rotocast Irma at that same price point as those larger, plastic, rotocast Turtles from TMNT '12?.....
LMAO that would be hysterical!
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 09:02 AM   #4000
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
oh, you mean the fifth turtle? I thought he was talking bout the neutrino.
Would be cruel to tease us irma and not give us her.
I mean, the prototype is even ready.
It suggest Zach and Bugman. Not a fan of either. We already have Casey Jone and Muckman is already confirmed.