The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 02-15-2015, 01:29 PM   #8561
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Can we talk about this for a second? I mean, I'm not even a huge Final Fantasy fan (Only game I've played was VII) but this....mark my words, this game is gonna be the next GTA V!

The graphics, the story, gameplay - Everything looks out of this world and has actually convinced me to buy a PS4.

It has Game of the Decade written all over it!

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 02:33 PM   #8562
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post

Can we talk about this for a second? I mean, I'm not even a huge Final Fantasy fan (Only game I've played was VII) but this....mark my words, this game is gonna be the next GTA V!
No RPG, W or J, will ever make GTA bank. Don't be cray.

And also, you sure do love hyperbole.
Old 02-15-2015, 02:37 PM   #8563
Mew
Banned

Once when I was in GTA V, once i went into teh club, and since there was a shoe on top, I thought it was a shoe store. O o
______
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 04:51 PM   #8564
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
I just finished master quest last week in preperation for MM. I enjoyed the challenge. I think they changed the puzzles in the dungeons, but it might just be that I haven't played in a while and don't remember them.
I just don't care for how they reversed the scenery in the game. I've got the GameCube disc with the Master Quest version on it and I tend to prefer that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post
Thanks Storm Eagle.
No problem.

Spoiler:
If you were to enter Desert Colossus from the Haunted Wasteland, it would also be to your right, except closer. The entrance to bomb is between two palm trees.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 05:11 PM   #8565
Redmage1987
Hench Mutant

I BEAT GHOSTS 'N' GOBLINS!!!!!!!! That's the first time I've ever beaten it, and I've owned the game since I was in second grade! Also, LOL @ the horribly translated ending script...

Spoiler:
"CONGRATURATION THIS STORY IS HAPPY END. THANK YOU. BEING THE WISE AND COURAGEOUR KNIGHT THAT YOU ARE YOU FEEL STRONGTH WELLING. IN YOUR BODY. RETURN TO STARTING POINT. CHALLENGE AGAIN!

PLAYER 1
GAME OVER

I've beaten 63/100 missions on Sonic Generations now. Nothing else new to report for that game.

I beat Special World 8 on Super Mario 3D Land, and now I'm going back through all the stages to get gold flags with Luigi (or Mario, if I completed a stage with Luigi first). I've just been speed running the stages, so it hasn't taken too long to complete what I have so far. I've got gold flags for all the stages in Worlds 1 - 4.

Nothing new to report on Punch Out!, Pokemon Puzzle League, or Donkey Kong Country.
Redmage1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 05:22 PM   #8566
snake
Disgusting

I got up to Tubba Blubba on Paper Mario. I was right about to fight him when I died and got set back ten minutes from where I was. Damn!
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 11:16 AM   #8567
Peanut
Second Gear

I'm not the console wars type, but holy sh*t this video for the sh*tstorm aroud the Order absolutely KILLED me!

Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:00 PM   #8568
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

I really have absolutely no idea where to post this but my Dreamcast adventures never cease to be amusing:

I'm keeping the disc, because this is funny. That and it might work in another Dreamcast.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:50 PM   #8569
Wingnut
Mad Scientist

Resogun Defenders and I just picked up a copy of Captain Toad.

Defenders is excellent so far...Resogun has been my go to "crack" game since it was released but this is the added depth it so desperately needed for return play. I got platinum on the very first version and now I am at 59%. In short, it's a metric sh*t-ton of of new stuff/challenges.

Captain Toad: TT is still untouched but it will be played thoroughly because I'm taking a comp day tomorrow
Old 02-20-2015, 05:49 PM   #8570
snake
Disgusting

Anyone know why Gamecube games aren't avalible on the Wii U eshop? They'd cost a little more, but I'd love to play Thousand Year Door or Mario Sunshine. Same thing with the GBA on the 3ds.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:52 PM   #8571
Ninjinister
無問題

I would argue part of the reason is that Nintendo doesn't know what the hell they want to do with Virtual Console still. For every time they get something right that excites people, it's following 10-12 derps in a row.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:57 PM   #8572
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

I personally would really like a Gameboy player-like thing for the Wii U that lets you play 3DS games. I wanted this with the Wii and DS games but they never did it, though, so I assume we'll never see something like that.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:29 PM   #8573
Peanut
Second Gear

There are DS games on the Japanese Wii U eShop. Who knows if we'll get it over here.

I don't know why there aren't any downloadable Gamecube games on the Wii U, but Nintendo is Nintendo and routinely makes nonsensical choices is pretty close to the only right answer here. Although they have a (semi) legit reason for no GBA VC on the 3DS, which mostly revolves around how the hardware was designed and how they can't get around it without shutting off 3/4 of the 3DS features, which is why the 3DS ambassador GBA titles run in a weird DS-style state on the secondary chip that is then simulating GBA hardware, using the CPU that handles a lot of 3DS OS functionality. It basically makes the system run in a weird DS-GBA simulation mode, which is 100% the reason Nintendo doesn't officially release any GBA games on the 3DS VC.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:46 PM   #8574
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
There are DS games on the Japanese Wii U eShop. Who knows if we'll get it over here.
Did they ever release a second one? I only knew about the Brain Age or whatever.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:51 PM   #8575
Peanut
Second Gear

They probably stopped after Brain Age. I don't know what their plans were/are. Knowing Nintendo it's probably nothing!
Old 02-20-2015, 10:39 PM   #8576
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I didn't know you were into MineCraft, snake.

Old 02-20-2015, 10:52 PM   #8577
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well the only DS VC game they released was Brain Age. The problem with DS being emulated on the gamepad is that it works for a game like BA where you hold the DS as a book while most games did not play like that since they were horizontal if you do that on the gamepad you'd even have to play with the gamepad sideways which doesn't work because of the button layout or you'd have tiny screens, you could try to have the gamepad emulate only the touch screen and the TV the second screen but that would break most games as well. What I don't understand is they had to know this before they announced DS VC games over a year ago only for it to never happen, why did they announce it? They teased us for nothing and left us with blue balls since it was not something we expected to happen.

Why haven't they finished porting GB games to the 3DS? There's still plenty of Nintendo only games that need to be ported, I'm sure they don't sell very well but it cna't cost much to have them, let alone that it's their legacy...GBA games on 3DS is possible with the ambassador games, now that we have Wii games in a similar way on the Wii U there is no excuse. We have no idea when the next Wii game on the Wii U will come out in the US and yet Nintendo has dozens and dozens of Nintendo games they could come out with them. Gamecube games could be done the same way as Wii games so there is no excuse, maybe some games like F-Zero or Sunshine couldn't be done since they required analog triggers but if that has been solved through PC emulation there is no excuse. SNES games on 3DS is possible, maybe not all of the games would be possible since the 3DS isn't powerful enough but I think most people would understand if we can only have some early SNES games on the 3DS. No Crossplay, Why do I have to pay for my games on the Wii U and 3DS?. The expensive prices. No N64 even though the Wii had it and it ran fine there and it should technically be better on the Wii U. NES games look fuzzy on the Wii U, so the whole "they want accurate emulation" is a bunch of bull. The VC could be every gamers wet dreams even if it only had Nintendo published stuff but they have missed the opportunity for nearly ten years now. I still hold hope which is why I buy some VC games from time to time, as long as the games are registered in my "NNID" I have the foolish thought that Nintendo will eventually get it right.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:31 PM   #8578
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
I didn't know you were into MineCraft, snake.

Damnit! You found my stream!
Old 02-21-2015, 08:49 PM   #8579
Ninjinister
無問題

I picked up Kirby and the Rainbow Curse today. I'm enjoying it, even though the control is tough to get used to (I never played Canvas Curse).
Old 02-22-2015, 10:04 AM   #8580
Peanut
Second Gear

I played some coop Rainbow Curse with my fiancé the other night and it was a lot of fun. We beat the first world and we'll probably pick it up again when we get the chance.

Also, God help me, but I'm enjoying The Order 1886.

Tags
awesome, cybercubed the diaper, cybercubed the homophobe, peanut, video games