The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 11-11-2021, 07:09 AM   #161
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Here's Karai wearing her brightly colored turtle suit engaging in the very dangerous way of killing time by leaping from rooftop to rooftop.
Old 11-17-2021, 09:49 AM   #162
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Time for Yarruhk to introduce herself.

While drawing this page I was thinking about how many women are part of the Hamato clan in my story.
- April
- Karai
- Shinigami
- June
- Minami
- Konami
- Tsunami
- Angel
- Yarruhk
AAAAAND 12 mutated fish girls from the Pulverizer brigade

Which makes 21.

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 11-17-2021 at 06:39 PM.
The Great Saiyaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 05:47 PM   #163
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

I'm sorry that it took me longer than anticipated to update the story, I had a mental block.

Anyway, time for Karai and Yarruhk to start bonding.

So Yarruhk is not Karai but she comes uncomfortably close to the real woman, so close that Karai HAS to step in.
Old 12-12-2021, 08:32 AM   #164
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

So about Karai's bedroom...

Well, given the fact that Shredder was the head of a criminal empire, it's not that surprising that he would have money on tap and used it very much to have Karai catered to her every need.
Old 12-14-2021, 08:43 AM   #165
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Tsunami is letting it all out but she doesn't get the chance to have her outburst to be cathartic because the Kraang sure wouldn't let such a golden opportunity go by...

Nor do they give two flying turds about her grief.

There's a little joke about the name "Tanaka Shie" because the real Tanaka Shie aka Konihata Shie is the lead actress in "Cutie Honey" and she and her husband Tanaka Naoki have since divorced.

The Tanakas
Old 12-16-2021, 10:57 AM   #166
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

In her moment of weakness, Tsunami had been captured by The Kraang, but she isn't going to make things easy for them.

There's a couple of jokes with Tsunami's bad English. In Japanese the E and A are interchangeable, as are the R and the L. So the name "Leonardo" would be pronounced "Ray-oh-naah-doh" and Tsunami saying "Leo-Kun" came out very differently than she intended.

"Kuso Utsujin" is Japanese for "Damn aliens"

In my own native language of Dutch, the word for "Mohawk" is "Hanekam" which means "Rooster crown."

Karai finds out that she might have gotten rid of a couple of very embarrassing outfits before handing over her old suite and everything in it to Yarruhk...

Gah, this scene was so much fun to do.

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 12-16-2021 at 11:26 AM.
Old 12-22-2021, 12:21 PM   #167
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Two new pages as an early Christmas present.

Heh, drawing Karai in super deformed was so much fun.
Old 12-27-2021, 05:41 PM   #168
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

And on we go to chapter 18.

I initially wanted this to be a salute to those new "Spider verse" comics which are so dynamically drawn and which I love because of that. So I drew Konami in her Nobody outfit jumping from a building, in the way the modern day Spider girl would do, but it came out so lousy that I scrapped it.

So I took a new sheet of paper and just drew without thinking too hard. Here's Tsunami on board of the Kraang Technodrome. Which is a big hint to what's about to happen in this chapter.
Old 12-28-2021, 05:36 PM   #169
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Anyway, time to have a reunion... sort of.

This was my very first time drawing Fishface, he's TOUGH to draw.
Old 12-28-2021, 05:40 PM   #170
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Great Fishface drawing man. It's always the tough to draw characters who pay off the most, like how you drew TigerClaw before.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 05:56 PM   #171
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Great Fishface drawing man. It's always the tough to draw characters who pay off the most, like how you drew TigerClaw before.
Thanks, and great to see you commenting again, the last comment you posted was on Karai being stuck in the Technodrome. Which was drawn over a year ago.

Please let me know what you think of the story as how it developed.
Old 12-29-2021, 06:15 PM   #172
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Xever and Bradford never got along, which is also what made their interaction so memorable. But all things considered, Xever still got the better deal at the end of the series, he walked away alive and well. The same could not be said about Bradford.

So seeing Rad Brad, brings out some long harbored resentment from Xever. Luckily Mikey has a way to diffuse any situation before it escalates.

Now what would that offer be that Xever couldn't refuse and why would it take two Pulverizers to show it?
Old 12-29-2021, 06:30 PM   #173
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

A Godfather reference is always welcome. Will read through the panels I missed soon and leave my full detailed thoughts.

I've been rather neglectful of my tmnt hobbies this year. Like I scheduled myself to write 14 chapters of my fanfiction this year, but only completed 1

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 12-29-2021, 06:57 PM   #174
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
A Godfather reference is always welcome. Will read through the panels I missed soon and leave my full detailed thoughts.

I've been rather neglectful of my tmnt hobbies this year. Like I scheduled myself to write 14 chapters of my fanfiction this year, but only completed 1
It'll take you a lot of time to catch up, since I drew over 100 pages after that last chapter you reacted to.

Thanks for giving me an idea for the upcoming page' dialog. Marlon Brando would be proud.
Old 01-01-2022, 12:39 PM   #175
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!

So about that offer Mikey said that Xever couldn't refuse, what was it all about?

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 05-26-2022 at 05:18 AM.
Old 01-02-2022, 09:44 PM   #176
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I found a good way to write my reviews of each page, by post number. I'll write them in a seperate word document and post them here bit by bit, I find that the easiest way.

Anyways here goes:

Post 100: Cool cover, I am not familiar with the IDW cover which you based it on, but it does remind me of the Mirage Volume 1, Issue 1 Cover art. Also Clash is a good name choice, short and straight to the point.

Post 101: I wonder who Leo is worrying about since the Tanaka sister said "someone you don't know".

Post 102: Kuro really reminds me alot of the Fred Wolf Cartoon Shredder design wise, I can't help but read his lines on James Avery's voice. Speaking of voices, the Kraang Subrpime meltdown was also a lot of fun to imagine.

Post 104: Oof, big surprise there. So the seemingly incompetent and foolish Kuro was actually a deadly force just waiting for the right moment to reveal his power.

Post 105: "Not even Mikey would bring him back". That was a good line, made me chuckle.

Old 01-03-2022, 06:56 AM   #177
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I found a good way to write my reviews of each page, by post number. I'll write them in a seperate word document and post them here bit by bit, I find that the easiest way.

Anyways here goes:
Thank you for putting in the time.

Quote:
Post 100: Cool cover, I am not familiar with the IDW cover which you based it on, but it does remind me of the Mirage Volume 1, Issue 1 Cover art. Also Clash is a good name choice, short and straight to the point.

Quote:
Post 101: I wonder who Leo is worrying about since the Tanaka sister said "someone you don't know".
All will be revealed in the chapters following that one.

Quote:
Post 102: Kuro really reminds me alot of the Fred Wolf Cartoon Shredder design wise, I can't help but read his lines on James Avery's voice. Speaking of voices, the Kraang Subrpime meltdown was also a lot of fun to imagine.
It was my intention of having Kuro and Kraang Subprime to behave pretty much like Shredder and Krang from the 1987 series, which is also why in further chapters, they interact with each other directly.

Quote:
Post 104: Oof, big surprise there. So the seemingly incompetent and foolish Kuro was actually a deadly force just waiting for the right moment to reveal his power.
The least likely is the most dangerous, James Avery went from "Uncle Phil" to Shredder in just a few moments.

Quote:
Post 105: "Not even Mikey would bring him back". That was a good line, made me chuckle.
Well it wasn't Mikey who brought the Pulverizer back, so Leo does have a point.
Old 01-08-2022, 12:18 PM   #178
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

While Mikey and Rad Brad have successfully reeled Xever in, (Ha, fish joke!) on board the Technodrome, Tsunami and her guard have arrived at the gravity cell.

Now Ninjas are known for capitalizing on the element of surprise and even with her hands cuffed behind her back, Tsunami shows that she's the most gifted out of the Tanaka sisters for a very good reason.

I screwed up the third panel but people said that I should leave it in anyway.
Old 01-14-2022, 03:17 PM   #179
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

I'm working on new chapters for my story and one Idea I had is for Yarruhk to completely change after having trained with Chris Bardford's students in Dimension X.

Here's what I came up with, the captions speak for themselves.

The Business attire is for a plot I thought of earlier in the comic when Yarruhk woke up after Kraang Subprime murdered Baxter Stockman. It was my innitial plan for her to don the suit right away but it wouldn't have worked in the story where it was at at that time.
Old 01-14-2022, 05:58 PM   #180
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Post 105: Kuro sure looks intimidating in that cover.

Post 106: Even a weakened Karai can effortlessly take on the Purple Dragons, shows how far they have fallen since the beginning of the show. I remember a time when they actually used to give the turtles trouble.

Post 109: When Casey Jones speaks in this comic post-mutation, I always imagine him speaking with the voice of 2003 Casey and it feels very fitting. Also, is the reveal of Kuro as Bradford supposed to be an homage to the early episodes of the 2012 show when Bradford would wear a Shredder-esque mask?

Post 119: I forgot Cockroaches can fly, that's horrifying. The tmnt are lucky that June is their ally rather than their enemy.

Post 126: The Timothy clones may not be the brightest, but they make up for it in raw strength. That'll probably come in handy later on.

Post 127: So the Timothy clones are good builders too. Also, funny Raph face when Karai confronts him.

Post 128: Leo and Karai immediately beginning to swordfight each other upon meeting in a long time is very in-character, indeed. Also, Karai's breakdown is understandable, she sure has had a rough life.

Post 131: Stockman should've seen the betrayal coming from the slimy alien race bent on destroying all of humanity. Once a Kraang, always a Kraang.

On a general note out of curiosity, do you have an ending planned for this story as of now, or are you coming up with ideas as you go along?