The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 10-29-2012, 08:01 PM   #21
Vivi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Bad View Post
As I've mentioned elsewhere, the impression I'm getting from characters like Snakeweed, Spider Bytes and Baxter is that they're really good one-shot characters but little more. I do not care to see them again, and don't see what can be gained from subsequent appearances. The Kraang, meanwhile, have gone from pleasantly creepy to serving almost entirely as comic relief, which doesn't bode well for their ability to serve as credible long-term villains. So far, only the Foot appear to have any dramatic potential, even if I'm not especially keen on the idea of having their lieutenants turn into mutants.
I have to say I agree. The Kraang have the potential to be extremely creepy (even with the circular sentences) and sometimes I catch glimpses of that, but I suppose they reign it back in a little due to the target demographic.

So far none of the villains have been of great interest to me aside from Chris Bradford and the Shredder (who we have yet to learn more about). I think when more of the Kraang's motivations are revealed they will hook me back in.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:04 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

The mutants have good action scenes during the fights, but that's all so far.

I want to see a mutant that feels more like an actual character than a monster though.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:23 PM   #23
Venom
Space Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The mutants have good action scenes during the fights, but that's all so far.

I want to see a mutant that feels more like an actual character than a monster though.
Hopefully Leatherhead will, in time, be that, but most likely he'll be played for the monster for the most part.

I'm still curious about Dogpount and Fish Face, since they are prominently displayed alongside Shredder in everything.

We need a mutant tiger...
Old 10-30-2012, 09:50 PM   #24
miru
Mad Scientist

Snakeweed is so epic. However, I miss Ninjara.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:01 PM   #25
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
We need a new Nick Turtle based meme, but until then, here's a quote:
"WE GET IT!"

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:18 PM   #26
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
Click here and never come back.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #27
demonsweat
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
And I like the new Kraang with their robotic commands and when the alien brains pop out when they are losing in battle.
Me too. What I really like is the squealing pig noises they make. Cracks me up every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Call me the odd man out, but I dug Spider-Bytes. Part of it has to do with the fact that I'm a fan of Marvel's Spider-Man and the fact that they cast the legendary comedian Lewis Black to provide the voice role.
I like him too, but I'm biased for being a huge Lewis Black fan myself. I kind of dig his color scheme though, the red and black is cool.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #28
CyberCubed
Overlord

I just hope they evolve the mutants in their second appearances. I just don't want to see them return just to fight the Turtles the same exact way again.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:51 AM   #29
cloud
Stone Warrior

I'm starting to feel like the show is lacking focus with all these new villains. We're basically getting introduced to a new villain every episode. It feels like the early seaons of Smallville where there's a new villain every episode but there's no progress in the story. The pacing is slow. And I worry that this formula of introducing new characters but not going in depth about their background would do the new series much more harm than they expect.
Or perhaps I'm just worrying too much because it's a kid show. Kids don't care about well written stories and progress.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:52 AM   #30
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
I'm starting to feel like the show is lacking focus with all these new villains. We're basically getting introduced to a new villain every episode. It feels like the early seaons of Smallville where there's a new villain every episode but there's no progress in the story. The pacing is slow. And I worry that this formula of introducing new characters but not going in depth about their background would do the new series much more harm than they expect.
Or perhaps I'm just worrying too much because it's a kid show. Kids don't care about well written stories and progress.
Well Xever is back next episode and Bradford will be coming back as well as Baxter later this season.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:12 AM   #31
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
All action cartoons introduce a ton of villains at the start.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #32
ImDoneItsOver
Random Punk

Im liking them but I also have not watched TMNT in a LONG while
ImDoneItsOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:34 PM   #33
Lampy
Stone Warrior

i like all the nick villains... i hope we see more of them.
rad brad is kind of boring but he looks a lot like chuck norris.
and snake weed is just badass... i wonder where they're all hiding?
Lampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:52 AM   #34
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I like Bradford and Xever the best as well as Falco. He seems like a really formidable villain, and I have a feeling we'll see more of him considering he escaped. Can't wait to see more of Xever on Saturday.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:44 PM   #35
Route77
Random Punk

My favorites are Xever and Bradford. As Shredder's henchmen, I'm glad they're actually pretty dark and menacing instead of dumb and buffoonish.
I'm also a fan of their funky 70's vibe, with Xever's sideburns and 'fro and Bradford's big swingin' gold medallion. Can't wait to see more.
Route77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:48 PM   #36
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route77 View Post
My favorites are Xever and Bradford. As Shredder's henchmen, I'm glad they're actually pretty dark and menacing instead of dumb and buffoonish.
I'm also a fan of their funky 70's vibe, with Xever's sideburns and 'fro and Bradford's big swingin' gold medallion. Can't wait to see more.
agreed with u

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:03 PM   #37
whitefox360
Random Punk

I'm pretty happy with it, myself and think that the monster of the week approach is the one to go with where longevity is concerned. This way shredder doesnt HAVE to steal the dimension x device every episode. As far as character returns go, i'd be surprised if we didnt see EVERYONE reused eventually. 3D character modeling can get expensive by the time you factor in limb movement and all that...i doubt very seriously we've seen the last of anybody.

As far as depth goes, it's a kids show. One over-arching plot (shredders) is enough for me for now. I'd hate for this to turn into the kind of show where you're lost if you miss a couple episodes. Now, granted im grown and have a dvr, but i once tried to get my nephew into gundam wing and it didnt take due to the complexity and fact that you HAVE to catch every episode.
whitefox360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:41 PM   #38
miru
Mad Scientist

Yes, there should be the odd monster here and there.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #39
Ninjinister
無問題

It just dawned on me why I've felt Fishface is so unsettling.

(To be fair, Gyo is actually one of Junji Ito's tamer works. Well, next to "A S**t To Remember....)
Old 11-17-2012, 08:36 PM   #40
Rat_King
Hench Mutant

What I'm finding really neat is that the turtles are, for the most part, novices against the villains. They're doing a great job of showing the turtle as most effective when they work together. I look forward to seeing their skills evolve with the villains they face. Also, with the show's opening sequence starting pointed into space I really hope to see them go interstellar in the second season. I'd love to see Triceratons or Neutrinos!
Rat_King is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, nick