The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-17-2021, 10:57 AM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord

Star Wars: Visions (Star Wars has become anime)

A Star Wars anime series has been announced of 9 short stories.

I guess even Star Wars cannot escape anime influence now that all millennials are in their 30's and are now working on shows professionally. The anime weeabo faction has finally infested Star Wars.

I know most boomers hate anime, so all the older Star Wars fans will probably be annoyed with this but it is inevitable. You cannot escape the animu.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 12:29 PM   #2
sdp
-

Is it animated in japan by japanese directors? Does it have fan service? is it anything like the original trilogy manga made in the 90s?

If any of those are "no" then it's not anime.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 12:51 PM   #3
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Is it animated in japan by japanese directors? Does it have fan service? is it anything like the original trilogy manga made in the 90s?

It is Anime its being done by 9 different Japanese animation studios.

Kamikaze Douga – The Duel
Geno Studio (Twin Engine) – Lop and Och?
Studio Colorido (Twin Engine) – Tatooine Rhapsody
Trigger – The Twins
Trigger – The Elder
Kinema Citrus – The Village Bride
Science Saru – Akakiri
Science Saru – T0-B1
Production IG – The Ninth Jedi
Old 08-17-2021, 01:37 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah this time around it is actually anime animu. Anime Star Wars, I never thought I'd live to see the day. This is like the worst fear of Star Wars fans to see their fandom crossover with anime. Anime is now mainstream I guess.
Old 08-17-2021, 02:25 PM   #5
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:

By your logic here then any motion picture work in general done be Japanese people isn't actually a film because the cinema and film were not invented by Japanese people or Japanese culture.

Styles, methods and tools find their way cross-culturally. This is something lost on the idiot-leftist-generation currently running around. If we make precise demands of things like you did here and like the leftist mob does, then let's go all the way and watch entire races be cast back to the stone age.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 02:55 PM   #6
Sumac
Banned

So its an anthology, like an Animatrix?
Can be interesting.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 04:10 PM   #7
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Hearing Obi-Wan Kenobi or Yoda (I think) saying

You've been guided by the Force since you were born

That voice reminds me of Splinter in the 2003 TMNT Cartoon (voiced by Darren Dunstan).
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 09:19 PM   #8
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
So its an anthology, like an Animatrix?
Can be interesting.
Loved The Animatrix as well as the Pre-Dark Knight Batman cartoon in the same spirit. Sure this will be great too!
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 09:34 PM   #9
sdp
-

I just watched the trailer and it's definitely weaboo, looks neat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Yeah this time around it is actually anime animu. Anime Star Wars, I never thought I'd live to see the day. This is like the worst fear of Star Wars fans to see their fandom crossover with anime. Anime is now mainstream I guess.
This came out in the 90s

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Loved The Animatrix as well as the Pre-Dark Knight Batman cartoon in the same spirit. Sure this will be great too!
Ah yes, the Riddick franchise also did it. I can't think of any other examples. A shame that trend didn't go anywhere, it was neat.
Old 08-17-2021, 09:52 PM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord

Has Star Trek ever had an animu? I want to know if it had an anime animu
Old 08-17-2021, 09:58 PM   #11
sdp
-

Star Trek isn't known in Japan to have an anime, they don't even know it exists. It really isn't that big of a franchise, smaller than TMNT even.
Old 08-18-2021, 02:12 AM   #12
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Anime is now mainstream I guess.
Now?
You've missed enormous popularity of Power Rangers and Pokemon and SailorMoon and...To put it simply, anime was mainstream for a better part of this decade. If not earlier.

Also, what is so bad, when western stuff receives anime adaptation? Its not worse, when anime stuff receives (usually) ****** western versions.
Old 08-18-2021, 07:46 AM   #13
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Also, what is so bad, when western stuff receives anime adaptation? Its not worse, when anime stuff receives (usually) ****** western versions.
What anime has gotten western cartoons? There aren't many. American edited dubs don't count. The only ones I can think of are New Adventures of Speed Racer, Voltron 3D/Force. There was a failed Sailor Moon pitch but that never got greenlit and they dubbed the anime insead. There really aren't many western adaptations of anime.

But there are tons of anime adaptations of western properties, batman, Marvel heroes, witchblade, power puff girls, TMNT, just to name a few,
Old 08-18-2021, 08:53 AM   #14
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
What anime has gotten western cartoons? There aren't many. American edited dubs don't count. The only ones I can think of are New Adventures of Speed Racer, Voltron 3D/Force. There was a failed Sailor Moon pitch but that never got greenlit and they dubbed the anime insead. There really aren't many western adaptations of anime.

But there are tons of anime adaptations of western properties, batman, Marvel heroes, witchblade, power puff girls, TMNT, just to name a few,
Speed Racer, Aelita, Ghost in the Shell, Death Note, Guyver, Power Rangers (kinda), Dragonball Evolution, Fist of the North Star, Oldboy.

While not numerous, most of those were extremely popular in their original forms.

Also, why it should be treated like a competition? Does relatively high amount of Japanese adaptations of Western stuff, means that West should do more / less adaptation of Japanese stuff or something?
Old 08-18-2021, 09:27 AM   #15
sdp
-

I was speaking about cartoon adaptations from anime not anime to live action. There really aren't many american cartoons that are adaptations of anime. Which makes sense I don't see how a western cartoon could add something of value to an anime property. But it's definitely far more interesting to see an anime adaptation of a western property since they can do so much more.

Anime to live action is always interesting to see even if it's usually bad, it doesn't matter if it's western or even made by japanese. Anime just doesn't translate well to live action.
Old 08-23-2021, 03:27 AM   #16
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Are those comics adaptations of the 1977–1983 Star Wars movie trilogy?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 04:23 AM   #17
Allio
Foot Elite

Watched the first 5 episodes (going on break for a breather not to muddy the anthology)

Honestly really enjoyed it. I’m going to need the group behind the live action Ruroni Kenshin films to make a film about The Duel. I know episode 2 isn’t going to work for everyone but I liked the SoL story. Episode 3 was Trigger being Trigger at it’s insane glory looking like primare. 4 and 5 just fit right in with Star Wars.

Really liked it. Can’t wait to watch the rest.
Old 09-22-2021, 05:21 AM   #18
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Are those comics adaptations of the 1977–1983 Star Wars movie trilogy?
Yes, as I own the full set somewhere here.
Old 09-22-2021, 09:22 AM   #19
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

So far I'm only 2 episodes in but I'm enjoying it. Fun fact the two episodes that I've watched so far have voice actors that were in the 4Kids Turtle series. Michael Sinternikolas and Marc Thompson have bit roles.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 02:26 PM   #20
CyberCubed
Overlord

Watching through these I’m surprised how much lore breaking there is. Are these intended to be canon? How did they stand on Star Destroyers with no air to breathe?