The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-15-2017, 11:46 AM   #21
snake
Disgusting

Why? Just make a sequel or soft reboot it.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 01:45 PM   #22
sdp
-

Well the article mentions that they're planning on re-launching The Matrix, not rebooting it. The majority of the people don't even read the articles and you get so much speculation on something that may not even be true. So yeah we might get a sequel or soft reboot of sorts, that's what I think they'll do.

The Matrix is full of potential for making great movies though the whole no more payphones is indeed a problem haha. I hope they don't go the Star Wars spin-offs route which the article suggests. No Wachowski's I have mixed feelings about, on one hand they're geekyness is what made the original so great but they also put out some great stinkers so I don't know if I trust them completely, maybe they should only supervise.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 01:54 PM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

Is Keanu Reeves even returning for this?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 10:21 PM   #24
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Everyone complaining...

Ok I just really wanted to post that because I knew people would be upset about this. I'm not really into the Matrix movies. I saw the first but don't remember it very well.

Here's one more
Old 03-15-2017, 10:55 PM   #25
CyberCubed
Overlord

I was about to say, do the young people of today even care or know about the Matrix movies? The first one came out in 1999, the teens of today weren't even born when the first movie came out, and people in their early 20's were only toddlers when it was released.

I don't even know if the young generation of today would even care for this stuff.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:18 PM   #26
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
The Matrix is full of potential for making great movies though the whole no more payphones is indeed a problem haha.
Not necessarily. The Matrix was said to be a constantly recycling loop of the year 1999. I mean, they could change that, obviously, but that's what it is now.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 11:20 PM   #27
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I was about to say, do the young people of today even care or know about the Matrix movies? The first one came out in 1999, the teens of today weren't even born when the first movie came out, and people in their early 20's were only toddlers when it was released.

I don't even know if the young generation of today would even care for this stuff.
You could argue the same for all the 80s reboots we were getting, including TMNT.

The Matrix is an iconic film part of pop culture that people recognize like say King Kong even though I wasn't alive in the 30s or Star Wars for a better analogy as I hadn't been born by the time the franchise was basically dead and I discovered it before the mid 90s revival.

Quote:
We know nothing about this project, it's a rumor at best. But if I must he was recently asked and he said he'd go for it if the Wachowski's were involved.

edit: I don't know why I took the bait.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 11:12 AM   #28
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

The original Matrix movies were a pioneer in the Bullet Time FX, For the new one, they will have to come up with some new FX to top the original, cause after the Matrix movies came out, a lot of other movies copied those Bullet Time FX.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:21 AM   #29
snake
Disgusting

Quote:

I f*cking love the Matrix. The first movie is the perfect example of using the heroes journey story.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:47 PM   #30
CyberCubed
Overlord

Snake, do the young teens in your school even know about movies prior to the 2000's? 80's and 90's movies must be "old crap" to them, and look retro or dated or whatever, and not like post 2000 movies.

Hell the young kids of today probably don't like any movie prior to 2005 or so.
Old 03-16-2017, 01:08 PM   #31
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I only came here to comment that, yes, I have seen (and loved) The Matrix.

Has Cubed?
Old 03-16-2017, 01:36 PM   #32
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Snake, do the young teens in your school even know about movies prior to the 2000's? 80's and 90's movies must be "old crap" to them, and look retro or dated or whatever, and not like post 2000 movies.

Hell the young kids of today probably don't like any movie prior to 2005 or so.
No one really talks about movies, regardless of how old or new they are. There's 3 different people that I've talked film with and all of them watch older stuff. The first kid is a huge Tarantino and war film fan, and he's seen some pretty obscure stuff.
The next kid that talked about movies talked about tons of sh*t, ranging from the 60s to now. He was pretty cool, his favorite film was Goodfellas. There's another guy like that currently in my class. The other day we were talking about Ace Ventura.

Movie talk isn't common but when it happens, people talk about a variety of films.
Old 03-16-2017, 04:39 PM   #33
THGhost
Puppet Master

I'm all for this. The concept of The Matrix is even more relevant today, so a new spin on it could be cool.

Quote:
Does he even need to? He's doing great as John Wick right now, does he really need to dig up an old franchise of his?

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 04:51 PM   #34
ToTheNines
[sic]

Michael B. Jordan is rumored to star.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:22 AM   #35
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Old 03-17-2017, 12:03 PM   #36
CyberCubed
Overlord

Wasn't he the main character in Creed? He was pretty good in that movie, but in any other he'd just look like a generic black actor.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:16 PM   #37
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

He was in "Chronicle," and its remake, "Fantastic Four."
Old 03-17-2017, 01:25 PM   #38
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
The original Matrix movies were a pioneer in the Bullet Time FX, For the new one, they will have to come up with some new FX to top the original, cause after the Matrix movies came out, a lot of other movies copied those Bullet Time FX.
Hammer Time
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 05:16 PM   #39
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

These comments from Zak Penn make me feel better about the project since they won't simply be re-telling Neo's story. Hopefully Deadline's report about WB forming a writer's room for this is correct because I'm not a fan of Penn.

Quote:
Can’t comment yet except to say that the words ‘reboot’ and ‘remake’ were from an article. Let’s stop responding to inaccurate news,” he wrote on Twitter.

Penn added, “If I were going to recast Keanu Reeves, I would cast Keanu Reeves. … How about just re-release The Matrix? Don’t reboot it, you can’t do better. Do I want to see more stories set in the universe of The Matrix? Yes. Because it’s a brilliant idea that generates great stories. Look at what people are doing with X-Men universe. Between Logan and Legion and Deadpool, does anyone want them to stop? Not me.”
http://ew.com/movies/2017/03/17/the-...w-movie-plans/
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 05:20 PM   #40
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Look at what people are doing with X-Men universe. Between Logan and Legion and Deadpool, does anyone want them to stop? Not me.”
He should look around more.