The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 12-04-2021, 12:32 AM   #41
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Kendall Keys
@KendallKeysTV
·
31m
Oakland County Undersheriff tells TV5 Detroit Police Department arrested both Jennifer and James Crumbley, parents of the Oxford High School shooting suspect.

https://twitter.com/KendallKeysTV/st...25938844168193
Old 12-04-2021, 04:13 AM   #42
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Kendall Keys
@KendallKeysTV
·
31m
Oakland County Undersheriff tells TV5 Detroit Police Department arrested both Jennifer and James Crumbley, parents of the Oxford High School shooting suspect.

https://twitter.com/KendallKeysTV/st...25938844168193
Yeah... given latest stuff. These seem like total sh**bags. Going back a page or so, when we say "people should respect a/the gun"? They did the opposite for a kid they apparently made very troubled.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 06:03 PM   #43
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

They are not making this easy for their attorney who kept trying to insist they'd been making arrangements for them to turn thslemves in. (As if that's even any special process.) Meanwhile they'd withdrawn a few thousand dollars and hid in the basement of some commercial building... Oh yeah, that doesn't sound at all like they were trying to run. Nope. No way.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 09:27 PM   #44
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

"been bullied but still never shot anyone"

Sorry but that does not justify bullying just cuz YOU could handle it , its like those that put blame on fans for buying fake autographs when it is the forgers that are to blame and cops for not doing anything to stop it. They try to paint the collector that has been had as the bad one and put the blame on him instead of the forger.

Usually terrorists try to hide as much as possible , blend in : "i never wouldve guessed he could do something evil like that , he was my next door neighbour and lived a normal life" , hear anecdotes like that all the time......

Last edited by Hamato Yoshi; 12-04-2021 at 09:47 PM.
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 11:25 PM   #45
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamato Yoshi View Post
"been bullied but still never shot anyone"

Sorry but that does not justify bullying just cuz YOU could handle it , its like those that put blame on fans for buying fake autographs when it is the forgers that are to blame and cops for not doing anything to stop it. They try to paint the collector that has been had as the bad one and put the blame on him instead of the forger.

Usually terrorists try to hide as much as possible , blend in : "i never wouldve guessed he could do something evil like that , he was my next door neighbour and lived a normal life" , hear anecdotes like that all the time......
It's not about justifying bullying. It's about holding people accountable for their own actions. Blaming anyone but the shooter is no different than saying video games cause violence despite many people having played video games and not doing violent or horrendous sh*t.
Old 12-04-2021, 11:40 PM   #46
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

People who bully others are equally awful wastes of oxygen for their own reasons. Murdering them however is not the answer to dealing with them and adults need to stop failing to teach these kids how to handle it or seek out an adult. Though this kid sounds like he had some screws loose to begin with, not just some fed up loser who didn't know how to deal with a mean classmate. Anyone who wants to pick on that kind of psycho just because he may come across weird... well, good luck with that.

Quote:
The defense also argued in court Saturday morning that the suspect was not given access to a gun.

"That gun was actually locked," the Crumbleys' co-counsel, Mariell Lehman, said in court. "So when the prosecution is stating that this child had free access to a gun, that is just absolutely not true."
Wait... what? What kind of mental gymnastics is that. Was the shooting just "fake news" and didn't happen? Or it just somehow happened by magic?

Last edited by IndigoErth; 12-04-2021 at 11:47 PM.
Old 12-05-2021, 12:04 AM   #47
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
People who bully others are equally awful wastes of oxygen for their own reasons. Murdering them however is not the answer to dealing with them and adults need to stop failing to teach these kids how to handle it or seek out an adult. Though this kid sounds like he had some screws loose to begin with, not just some fed up loser who didn't know how to deal with a mean classmate. Anyone who wants to pick on that kind of psycho just because he may come across weird... well, good luck with that.

Wait... what? What kind of mental gymnastics is that. Was the shooting just "fake news" and didn't happen? Or it just somehow happened by magic?
We're gonna get to the point where instead of guns kill people, it's gonna be bullets kill people.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 10:54 AM   #48
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

What can I say... people, metal/emotional problems, parents and adults who fail youths, people who ignore warning signs, guns, bullets, a society that is too casual about it and willing to just shrug off each new mass shooting, willing to give guns to people who can't be trusted... they're all factors that play a part.
Old 12-05-2021, 11:36 PM   #49
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
What can I say... people, metal/emotional problems, parents and adults who fail youths, people who ignore warning signs, guns, bullets, a society that is too casual about it and willing to just shrug off each new mass shooting, willing to give guns to people who can't be trusted... they're all factors that play a part.
That and this weird new woke leftist refusal to treat mental illness for what it is and not try to ignore because 'you night offend the person's.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 12-06-2021, 02:27 PM   #50
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I've never seen anyone trying to normalize mental illness, "leftist" or otherwise. Where are you guys getting this from?
Old 12-06-2021, 02:39 PM   #51
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
I've never seen anyone trying to normalize mental illness, "leftist" or otherwise. Where are you guys getting this from?
The fact every time some school shooter with an obvious mental illness is taken out, the woke leftist mob crawls out of the woodwork to dogpile you if you mention the person has a mental illness with 'how dare you, don't shame people with actual mental illnesses bro'.

They refuse to paint the mentally ill in a negative light despite the fact these shooter guys definitely have a few screws loose.

Old 12-06-2021, 03:00 PM   #52
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Hm, still have never seen nor herd of that. Must be some fringe I have paid zero attention to.
Old 12-06-2021, 03:32 PM   #53
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

I thought we had finally left it behind, but here we go again. No school massacre without the mandatory video game discussion.

https://www.thegamer.com/michigan-sh...nside-edition/

https://inews.co.uk/news/world/michi...-games-1337254
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 05:02 PM   #54
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

An article I saw the other day pointed out that he'd been active on YouTube as a young kid, mostly posting videos of him playing Call of Duty. They had a video linked (and later was no longer available when I looked at the article again) and though I did not watch it, the thumb nail image on it... he looked like he must have been maybe around age 8, give or take, far too young for that sort of game. The games aren't to blame, the adults who allow kids to play things far too old for them are. And allowing games with a theme based on killing when kid's brains are still developing in fundamental ways...? Yeah, not good. Again, I don't blame the games, but the exposure to it too young could certainly have potential to be one factor if it got him addicted to those topics and imagery from a young age.
Old 12-06-2021, 09:28 PM   #55
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Hm, still have never seen nor herd of that. Must be some fringe I have paid zero attention to.
It happens in literally every single case where something like this happens. Everyone - including the family of the perp - tries to shift away from the mental illness issue and pivot to music, video games, and TV.

They always try and make the whole "this person was mentally unwell" variable the LEAST important part of the puzzle, when in fact it's the MOST important. But as Coola pointed out, it's a thing we are "not supposed to talk about" because it stigmatizes individuals with mental illness. Even though it's... y'know, KIND of important.

Like I forget which one, but a few mass shootings ago it came out that the shooter in one of the incidents had been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder and was off his meds and having episodes. And right away, there were articles pouring out about "Let's not make this about Bipolar Disorder! Let's not start saying THAT'S why he did what he did! Not all of us are crazy!"

And like... okay, *I* have Bipolar Disorder. And no, in and of itself, it doesn't make you want to snap and shoot a bunch of people. Does it kind of... "nudge" you there, in some really bad times? It absolutely CAN, yeah. So to come out and say, "Let's not say that this happened because the shooter had a mental condition" is disingenuous. That IS, ultimately, a big reason for Why. Not the one and only reason, and the vast majority of people who have BD do NOT become murderous. But at the same time, to say "Well *I* have BD and to assume that we're all murderous nutjobs is harmful!" is like... okay, Understood. But we MUST be realistic about all the data and consider every variable. If a person has a mental condition, then that MUST be treated as a fundamental root cause of any outburst, way before any external stimuli. That's simply common sense.

But now, there's "advocates" and lobbyists for the mentally ill just like everything else. And you can't just call crazy people "crazy people" anymore, not even when they hurt someone. "Because it makes other crazy people feel bad." And while no, it's not fair to paint everyone with a mental illness with the same brush, to just plain ignore situations where there were tons of Red Flags until something bad inevitably happens is... well, crazy.

Anyways, yeah. We're not supposed to blame the mental problems, we're supposed to blame video games and stuff. It's been that way since at LEAST Columbine.

"Call of Duty" has sold like 100 million copies and like six people who played it ever went on to kill anyone, so... it's probably not the video games. BUT, we don't actually look for the real root causes of anything anymore, because Truths are inconvenient to the narrative. So we just scapegoat and finger-point, because it's easier.

I personally think we're collectively reaping what we've sown by poisoning our gene pool by getting every kid hooked on ADHD meds back in the 90s. Now half of THEIR kids are crazy and the other half are autistic. We probably should've seen it coming, but hey, giving kids pills to shut up and sit still seemed like a great idea at the time. I guess they never expected it might, y'know... screw people up going forward. Funny how that works.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 02:45 AM   #56
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Stupid careless parents. We will be learning more about what motivated the kid and what all lead up to him deciding to do this. But at the end of the day, the parents enabled this with their very lax attitude. The text conversations alone reveal a ton about where their heads are at, they don't take the danger of giving their son access to guns seriously, and it should be taken VERY seriously.

I was raised on a farm in rural middle america. My parents had me shooting guns (under proper supervision and with utmost safety in mind) at a very young age. I'm not against using guns or even teaching kids to use guns. But have some ****ing awareness of what is going on in your own family... there were a lot of warning signs here and they made some really poor decisions on how to act on them.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 08:15 AM   #57
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Stupid careless parents. We will be learning more about what motivated the kid and what all lead up to him deciding to do this. But at the end of the day, the parents enabled this with their very lax attitude. The text conversations alone reveal a ton about where their heads are at, they don't take the danger of giving their son access to guns seriously, and it should be taken VERY seriously.

I was raised on a farm in rural middle america. My parents had me shooting guns (under proper supervision and with utmost safety in mind) at a very young age. I'm not against using guns or even teaching kids to use guns. But have some ****ing awareness of what is going on in your own family... there were a lot of warning signs here and they made some really poor decisions on how to act on them.
Exactly! Same here. I was shooting at 5 years old and learned how to properly use and care and store firearms. I’ve been around them my whole life and there has never been a mishap of any kind. I’m also not ignorant or arrogant enough to believe that even with all the necessary experience in the world that something can’t go wrong! That’s why even if it’s redundant always follow the gun golden rules of safety and the risk of a tragedy is almost zero! These parents are irresponsible scumbags that likely raised a sicko!!!
joe-eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 08:24 AM   #58
mrmaczaps
Banned

If you teach your kids to be responsible with firearms, they don't need to be locked up... they're of no use during a home invasion if they're locked up.

I have *checks pockets* two firearms on my person right this moment and a shotgun sitting next to my chair. Do I need immediate access like that? Probably not, my front door is locked. But I don't expect my house to burn down either and there are 3 or 4 fire extinguishers in the house & a dozen or so fire alarms that only go off when someone cooks.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 08:34 AM   #59
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Yeah the media, politicians, celebrities, the education system have all been trying to “normalize” mental illness. They just call it something else such as de-stigmatize. I’ve read numerous articles and have read on various sites regarding mental health that roughly 7 or 8 out of ten people suffer from some level of mental illness. I 100% completely believe this. I mean how do you even determine what a baseline for perfect mental health is? Most people suffer breakdowns, depression, periods of mania and what have you but most people also have developed coping mechanisms throughout life that help alleviate our suffering. It’s a noble cause to want to “de-stigmatize” mental illness and be inclusive so nobody is made to feel like a social outcast but we need to be realistic in that trying to treat everyone under one banner is great right up until the point it isn’t! We need to accept as a society that some of us don’t have the necessary tools to cope and need to be placed elsewhere. We can’t throw everyone in same box and force it to work. Life isn’t always easy and sometimes tough and even cold decisions need to be made. We must stop ignoring the warning signs and talk about dangers of almost “enabling” certain people and their mental illnesses and do something about it. The problem is that nobody is interested in doing what really needs to be done! The work is controversial, difficult, and in some cases goes against everything a compassionate human being is supposed to be. Bottom line is there a people in our world that quite simply aren’t capable of being a part of it and they should be dealt with with haste!
joe-eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 01:26 PM   #60
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
I have *checks pockets* two firearms on my person right this moment and a shotgun sitting next to my chair.
You live in a dangerous area or something?