The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 11-16-2015, 12:17 AM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord

Can you believe the Nick series is going to hit its 100th episode this season?

It honestly feels like only yesterday the Nick cartoon began, its hard to believe by the time we get to the end of Season 4 it'll have hit its 100th episode already.

Since Season 4 is now confirmed to be 26 episodes, the 5th to last episode of the season will be the 100th episode overall. It will obviously air next year, probably around summer time or later knowing the rerun breaks. Its funny how TMNT cartoons always break the 100 episode barrier when other cartoons are lucky to make it past 65 episodes.

With a 5th season already confirmed there's no doubt in my mind we'll hit at least 150 episodes and likely surpass the 2k3's episode run of 156 total episodes. Its funny how time flies and how the Nick show was such a success.

3 TMNT cartoons in a row will have over 100 episodes. Its funny how we got so lucky when DC and Marvel cartoons rarely hit that number. Sometimes I feel like TMNT is the American version of anime like Pokemon or Dragonball Z...and we're the long running American version of those franchises that goes on forever.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 12:59 PM   #2
biganimefan
Foot Soldier

It has definitely been quite a ride no doubt about it! I too feel like the show has just started(which is weird considering that when it began, it was still 3 months away from meeting my wife).

Anyway, if season 5 has 26 episodes as well, we'll hit the 130 mark. In that case, season 6 will hit 150 regardless if it has 20 or 26 episodes. And if we manage 26 episodes to a season, we'll surpass 200 episodes if the show can last 8 seasons
biganimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 01:08 PM   #3
biganimefan
Foot Soldier

Another thing that amazes me, we're now on the 22nd season overall for Ninja Turtles(21 if you don't count Next Mutation). For a franchise that's only 32 years old I think that's quite an accomplishment. That of course is not to mention the almost 6 movies and several comic universes!
biganimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 01:14 PM   #4
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Pointless thread is pointless.

Congrats to the show though, hoping it can be better by this season.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:18 PM   #5
TurFlytle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post

Seeing how the Armaggon episode went, I think it is. The animation has gotten way better since Season 1 from the lighting to the fight scenes.
TurFlytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 01:48 PM   #6
Vicky82
Emperor

This is what Peter Di Cicco said when he replied to 100th episode a few weeks back.

tlrledbetter asked:

Since season 4 has 26 episodes now, that means the show's 100th episode will be a part of it! I did the math and it should be the 22nd episode of the season. Is there anything special planned for it or will it be treated like a normal episode?

Peter Di Cicco
Hmm… I think that math works out. I guess we’ll just have to see. It’s a special episode to me anyway.

http://peterdicicco.tumblr.com/post/...that-means-the

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 02:13 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:

Its pointless to be excited over another 100 episode milestone being reached?
Old 11-16-2015, 02:19 PM   #8
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Its pointless to be excited over another 100 episode milestone being reached?
Personally it's better to make this thread the closer we get to it, we're barely into the eighties length of the show at all and season 4 just began. It's kind of a waste of a thread for this current time being until we reach closer into that timespan. That and it was obvious it was going to be 100 episodes minimum; you especially Cubed were stating it'll get a movie and 7 seasons.

Might as well make a recollection of the series of our favorite episodes like the polls JTH makes for each season or reflect on the series. For now, it's a pointless thread.

Edit: Exactly what PK said.
Old 11-16-2015, 02:22 PM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Personally it's better to make this thread the closer we get to it, we're barely into the eighties length of the show at all and season 4 just began. It's kind of a waste of a thread for this current time being until we reach closer into that timespan.
Edit: Exactly what PK said.
Don't worry, in 2016 I'll make another thread reminding people we've hit 100 episodes. You should have seen what I did when the 2k3 series was airing, reminding people of every little milestone back in 2003-2008.
Old 11-16-2015, 02:26 PM   #10
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Don't worry, in 2016 I'll make another thread reminding people we've hit 100 episodes. You should have seen what I did when the 2k3 series was airing, reminding people of every little milestone back in 2003-2008.
Oh my.

At the very least Cubed, if I were going to hype up something like this, why not use it as a thread for reflecting on favorite moments/episodes/other in the series?
Old 11-17-2015, 01:55 AM   #11
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I can't believe it's real butter!
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 10:53 AM   #12
CowabungaMikey
Stone Warrior

I remember watching the pilot on TMNT, time sure goes fast. 3 years and almost 100 episodes!

Cowabunga says it all!
CowabungaMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 08:18 AM   #13
Icebot
Foot Elite

I can't believe it. Seems like yesterday when it was the 100th 4kids TMNT episode. I remember what that was like.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 05:42 PM   #14
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebot View Post
I can't believe it. Seems like yesterday when it was the 100th 4kids TMNT episode. I remember what that was like.
Seems like yesterday the 2k3 series started. Hard to believe 2003 is now 13 years ago.

In fact sometimes I feel like we're still in the early 2000's. I feel like I'm forever stuck in the year 2003-2005 for some reason. Where have the last 10 years gone?
Old 11-19-2015, 06:32 PM   #15
Etsyturtle2
Banned

Yes. I've been following this series. I knew the episodes were building up. I'm not an complete idiot. Anyway, i couldn't care less about this. Sorry?...
Etsyturtle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 04:15 AM   #16
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

Firstly - congratulations to Nick should be in order for getting the show to this point

I'm curious however; has there been any mention of what (if anything) they intend to do for the 100th episode? Presumably they'll be back on Earth by then? Would that be the OT crossover ep?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...the-sedisverse
Tarris Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 05:08 AM   #17
srmff
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarris Vaal View Post
Firstly - congratulations to Nick should be in order for getting the show to this point

I'm curious however; has there been any mention of what (if anything) they intend to do for the 100th episode? Presumably they'll be back on Earth by then? Would that be the OT crossover ep?
Peter DiCicco was asked about that and he just said that it's a special episode to him.
He said:
Hmm… I think that math works out. I guess we’ll just have to see. It’s a special episode to me anyway.

I think this was already posted on the thread actually.

Last edited by srmff; 11-20-2015 at 05:13 AM.
srmff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 09:46 AM   #18
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

It is - its a little further up

But I was wondering beyond that brief bit from DiCicco, has there been any other hints or indications of anything that late into season 4?

It seems a good chance someone would have asked the question at a convention at some point

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...the-sedisverse
Tarris Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 11:28 AM   #19
srmff
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarris Vaal View Post
It is - its a little further up

But I was wondering beyond that brief bit from DiCicco, has there been any other hints or indications of anything that late into season 4?

It seems a good chance someone would have asked the question at a convention at some point
No, nothing else has been revealed. Considering most of the reveals at the Comic-Cons have already been aired on TV (except the 1987 turtles), it seems like they want to keep the rest of the season as a surprise. Well, until the next Comic-Con at least.
srmff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 07:36 PM   #20
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

Wow I didn't realize that episode 100 was coming up in this season already. Time definitely flies! It seems like yesterday when Nick bought the property and announced a cartoon for 2012.

I do wish this show much more success even though if it ended tomorrow it would be considered a successful run. 200 episodes would be very cool but if it makes it to 150, I'll be happy. As I mentioned in last week's episode thread, season 4 just hasn't entertained me much just yet. Hoping it's just the first few episodes and then things will heat up. I'm thinking that's the case cause I'll be pumped when the Triceratons return! I'll be curious how things eventually play out with Shredder and if this series will get a themed season such as the 2k3's Ninja Tribunal or Fast Forward. Not saying that I want that but if 5 seasons are enough to wrap up all the stories as we have heard mentioned, I can't imagine Nick canceling if the ratings are still high. I could see a directional change for a season if that were the case.

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nick series