The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-01-2020, 05:40 PM   #21
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

April taking credit for Mike's writing is... an unexpected twist, but a little gutwrenching for our Turtle.

Don's armor continues to cause problems for everyone,

Andrew's reveal of who Lady Shredder was is, I think, a better story. But seeing Karai with her daughter was unexpected and fun. And I love seeing Warlord Komodo back!

Who Lady Shredder actually is, though... not a fan. Seems gimmicky, and not at all what they were originally going to do. But kudos for tying past storylines together.

Next issue, Cyborg Utrom Dr. X! I look forward to it immensely...
Old 07-01-2020, 05:57 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't think April is taking credit for Mike's story (I mean well she technically IS), but Mike knows about it and most likely told her to do it because he knows a mutant turtle can't publish a book and appear on TV. It's not like she did it behind his back, most likely he told her to do so it could be published.

I forgot to mention before, I love how the story and writing seems to flow so naturally from issue 23...something they finished writing back in 1999! If you told me this issue came out a month after issue 23 in 1999 I'd believe it, the writing and art hasn't missed a beat. It really does feel like a comic from 20+ years ago, and not like something trying to imitate the old writing style. Usually writers have trouble getting back into the groove of an old story from literally decades ago, but this feels like it was written back then.

On another note, it's kinda funny to me Karai hasn't moved an inch in the chair she's sitting in while all these characters are fighting around her and her comatose daughter.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 07:40 PM   #23
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

So lady shredder is just living armor? Huh
Toxin45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 07:14 AM   #24
AquaParade
Banned

Cool issue. Glad this is happening.

I might have expected more given the long absence and buildup to this, but at the same time, what more can you ask for than to be plopped right back into the story that was in limbo for so long?

I liked the reveals and seeing Karai with her daughter made me feel like I was reading a direct sequel to City at War, my favorite TMNT story.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 07:41 AM   #25
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
So lady shredder is just living armor? Huh
That was pretty dumb. Up there with April the living drawing and mystical thug Rat King for stupid origins.
Old 07-02-2020, 08:14 AM   #26
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
That was pretty dumb. Up there with April the living drawing and mystical thug Rat King for stupid origins.
I didn't think of it in those terms, but yeah, I feel the same. I'd be more pissed if we didn't have Andrew's stuff that got there first.
Old 07-02-2020, 08:54 AM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
I don't see it like those because it's not like Lady Shredder is an established character like Mirage April or Rat King.

There's really no other viable female characters to use and it not being Karai was the right decision because this takes place right after City at War. Remember that Tales story didn't exist in the 90's so there's no way to do what Andrew did. It fits the narrative of the 90's books much more.

I only hope the Turtles are reunited before the final issue.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 10:21 AM   #28
LUIS
Random Punk

Quote:
Not even close. April and Rat King were stablished character with unnecesary dumb origins. We didn't knew anything about Lady Shredder, she just showe up in one issue and didn't kney anything else for more than 20 years, and at least now we know what happened to the armor.
LUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 11:50 PM   #29
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUIS View Post
Not even close. April and Rat King were stablished character with unnecesary dumb origins. We didn't knew anything about Lady Shredder, she just showe up in one issue and didn't kney anything else for more than 20 years, and at least now we know what happened to the armor.
The dumb part is that we waited 20+ years to find out there's nobody in the armor.
Old 07-03-2020, 01:16 AM   #30
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Andrew's reveal of who Lady Shredder was is, I think, a better story. But seeing Karai with her daughter was unexpected and fun.
To be clear, Gary DID tell me eons ago who Lady Shredder was. He did. And I could have done that, with her. Just, personally, in the interests of tying it into the vein of the "greater Mirage universe," I thought it best and tidyest to instead make it Tang Amaya from the Tales of the TMNT Vol. 2 issue (who we knew as alive, floating around in the ether, an unresolved Mirage thing/loose end), rather than to resurrect someone we'd already closed the book on and never gave a second thought to. He gave his blessing at the time, but that certainly doesn't mean he needed to repeat what I did in this.

But I dig it! It's awesome to see.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 07:57 AM   #31
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
To be clear, Gary DID tell me eons ago who Lady Shredder was. He did. And I could have done that, with her. Just, personally, in the interests of tying it into the vein of the "greater Mirage universe," I thought it best and tidyest to instead make it Tang Amaya from the Tales of the TMNT Vol. 2 issue (who we knew as alive, floating around in the ether, an unresolved Mirage thing/loose end), rather than to resurrect someone we'd already closed the book on and never gave a second thought to. He gave his blessing at the time, but that certainly doesn't mean he needed to repeat what I did in this.
Thanks for the reveal! I'm glad we can have both versions just to imagine "what if."

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
image, urban legends