The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 02-10-2020, 05:01 PM   #41
Chet
Thug

It was Donatello who hummed Old MacDonald, the fighting was much better than Power Rangers, and I don't think any of the effects looked bad except some of the origin sequence with young Splinter and the Turtles.
Chet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 02:36 PM   #42
bwwd
Hench Mutant

Fights in TMNT are MUCH better than power rangers, you have no idea what You are talking about if you cant see a difference and nunchuck duel alone is legendary, there are some cool moves in this movie that power rangers would never do like dual sommersault, if i have no idea what im talking about i dont talk.
Even as 11 year old kid i could see a difference between TMNT movie fights and power rangers fights which were just lame , power rangers fights are like fights in next mutation with a lot of stupid posing and cringy overacting.
Old 02-19-2020, 02:53 PM   #43
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwwd View Post
Fights in TMNT are MUCH better than power rangers, you have no idea what You are talking about if you cant see a difference and nunchuck duel alone is legendary, there are some cool moves in this movie that power rangers would never do like dual sommersault, if i have no idea what im talking about i dont talk.
Even as 11 year old kid i could see a difference between TMNT movie fights and power rangers fights which were just lame , power rangers fights are like fights in next mutation with a lot of stupid posing and cringy overacting.
Pretty much this, yeah.

Thinking about how to describe this, I'd put "entertainment fighting" on a three tier spectrum.
1. Street Fight. Gritty and dirty where even if you block a punch the next one is coming through your arms and flailing a bit, as opposed to the guy waiting to throw something that looks clean and controlled.
2. Trained Fight. Lots of showmanship, but it serves the technique and, generally speaking, follows a structure. Great for movies because it looks good, but helps suspend disbelief because the hits land in semi-real ways.
3. Exhibition Fight. Lots of posing, gymnastics, & intentional hesitation. Like learning a dance, we see this in light saber fights or other moments where a character is meant to look "good" before looking "effective".

TMNT '90 falls appropriately into that "Trained fight" category while Power Rangers falls... arguably appropriately, into that "Exhibition Fight" category. Something like John Wick draws that rare perfect balance in between "Street Fight" and "Trained Fight" just for another comparison.

I made these designations up for our conversation, by the way. I'm not making any claim that anyone cites these as "the" descriptions.

Last edited by IMJ; 02-19-2020 at 02:59 PM.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote