The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 02-25-2015, 07:54 PM   #1
aliena
Hench Mutant

Will April ever show interest in journalism?

I know the show isn't exactly making April like other April incarnations, but I think she should still become a jounalist. So far, she has shown some tenacity for the part, but has never mentioned following leads or writing stories or anything like that.

I'm wondering if they will take her in that direction or make that something the future April will do. If they had her age enough to graduate, it would be interesting to hear her mention that she was thinking of going into journalism, but I don't think we will ever see her graduate.

There have been a few times where she did some tricky things to help the guys out and she even went alone to investigate some things that involved her father, so maybe that's all we'll get.

Last edited by aliena; 02-25-2015 at 08:05 PM.
aliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:22 PM   #2
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliena View Post
I know the show isn't exactly making April like other April incarnations, but I think she should still become a jounalist. So far, she has shown some tenacity for the part, but has never mentioned following leads or writing stories or anything like that.

I'm wondering if they will take her in that direction or make that something the future April will do. If they had her age enough to graduate, it would be interesting to hear her mention that she was thinking of going into journalism, but I don't think we will ever see her graduate.

There have been a few times where she did some tricky things to help the guys out and she even went alone to investigate some things that involved her father, so maybe that's all we'll get.
What they should do is have April write her own Blog, That way we she can get a little bit of journalistic experience.

Last edited by TigerClaw; 02-25-2015 at 09:10 PM.
TigerClaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:23 PM   #3
oldmanwinters
Overlord

At least we've got the New Animated Adventures to make the jokes for us:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-SulFrsyRxj...600/new2-2.jpg

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:56 PM   #4
CaliperCat
Foot Soldier

April doesn't really seem like she has aspirations of being anything at the moment- Which is understandable, given that there's the possibility in her mind that she may not survive long enough to graduate. However, she can be pretty intuitive and empathetic, especially with her mind powers, so I can actually see her maybe becoming a psychologist. Casey almost seems like the one with more flair for writing, since I think he's the one who's written or drawn out some of the main plot points at times.

100% Jellybean and proud!
CaliperCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:08 PM   #5
victory_angel
Foot Elite

I see April becoming a successful writer and writing books of her time with the Turtles, that way their story is told in a way that people come to know the Turtles even though the most people assume it's fiction.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:22 PM   #6
Gunstar_Red
Foot Soldier

I don't think she should be pigeonholed as a journalist or reporter. Previous versions of her were a scientist and as an archaeologist/historian. She could be in totally different field of work in this version. I like what Caliper suggested: she could be a psychologist since she is able to read minds. She'll just need to learn what to do with that knowledge she collects and find solutions to her patients' problems.

"Surrender to the fact that life isn't fair."
Gunstar_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 10:34 PM   #7
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist

I kinda wish they'd show her with an independent interest in anything. =/ Like, an instrument, a sport, a show, a hobby... aside from ninja training. lol
Like, she seems to like horror movies from a couple of mentions. And she's shown once doodling and writing in a notebook. Am I missing anything?
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 11:52 PM   #8
neatoman
Emperor

What would be the point? The journalism thing never lead to anything in the first place and it was ignored for almost twenty years until the 2014 movie, you know, the one where her only attempt at real journalism gets her fired before the halfway point and she never regains her job.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:45 AM   #9
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
What would be the point? The journalism thing never lead to anything in the first place and it was ignored for almost twenty years until the 2014 movie, you know, the one where her only attempt at real journalism gets her fired before the halfway point and she never regains her job.
Unless you count the alternate extended ending- where she DID get it back. Only a deleted scene bit, but still.....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 01:23 AM   #10
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Unless you count the alternate extended ending- where she DID get it back. Only a deleted scene bit, but still.....
But it still isn't in the actual movie though. The more I think about it, the actual ending is really weird, the cut ending actually feels like a proper ending but what we actually got is Mikey blowing up Vernon's car. I wonder why the ending was cut?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 01:32 AM   #11
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Not enough explosions, I guess. They probably wanted to end with a "bang", knowing Bay. Though both were fun, and I think it's implied she would get her job back in the "real" ending, too. She didn't seem to upset, so maybe she was just taking time to look for options. Either that, or maybe she might end up with the antique store!

Plus, the cut ending had the van used on the street- just like some of those leaked shots we all saw. I'm guessing it was meant to be used, but someone wanted something funnier. If they ever do an extended version or director's cut, we may see them both tied together somehow. Just my two cents, mind you.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 03:11 PM   #12
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I think she may eventually show signs of wanting to be a journalist, especially with all of the things she's seen. Plus, she was writing in her journal at the beginning of "Within the Woods" and even did some drawings in there, too, so she CAN write. But I think for now she's just trying to hold things together and once things go back to normal, she can think about what she wants to do. I thought Ciro had mentioned once that April would eventually be the April we know as the reporter, so it may happen eventually.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 03:30 PM   #13
ToTheNines
[sic]

Has April showed an interest in anything yet?

Other than worrying about her dad, April doesn't seem to have any interests in anything other than the movie she saw in Wrath of Tigerclaw.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 03:44 PM   #14
OrangeNinja1987
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PangolinFeets View Post
I kinda wish they'd show her with an independent interest in anything. =/ Like, an instrument, a sport, a show, a hobby... aside from ninja training. lol
Like, she seems to like horror movies from a couple of mentions. And she's shown once doodling and writing in a notebook. Am I missing anything?
I remember in Target: April O'Neil, Casey Jones commented her on something she did and she replied, "You should see me play Ping-Pong." I don't remember much else about that part, but I guess she likes Ping-Pong.

For TMNT art and more, check out OrangeNinja1987 on Deviantart! http://orangeninja1987.deviantart.com/
To help with a current TMNT project: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=53441
Proud fan of the TMNT 2014 movie
OrangeNinja1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 03:52 PM   #15
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Ah, that's right. She must be a good Ping Pong player then.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 04:03 PM   #16
JTH
"ME"

It's 50/50 at this point, Ciro has given her little snippets of traits that would lead her down that path.

At the same time, Ciro has taken a lot of his arcs and traits and based them directly from the original comics, and April was never a reporter/journalist in the original comics.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 04:37 PM   #17
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Has April showed an interest in anything yet?

Other than worrying about her dad, April doesn't seem to have any interests in anything other than the movie she saw in Wrath of Tigerclaw.
I think it was some sci fi movie.
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 04:54 PM   #18
victory_angel
Foot Elite

She can be a freelance reporter. But she can also be a novelist. Conspiracy theory or political thrillers such as Dan Brown, Brad Meltzer, and David Baldacci do heavy research into their subject so while the story and characters itself are fiction they are painting the the story and setting. So for example the description of a special room in the White House that isn't open to the public and can only be entered if you work there or you have special clearance. Realistically this room may only exist in the book, but the book doesn't completely deny the existence of said room either.

And even with stories that are complete straight up fiction the writer is modelling the characters or setting off something that exists or has existed. Such as George R. Martin modeling the setting for Game of Thrones off the area of New York he had lived in as a kid.

And take shows such as Roseanne. The show ends with Roseanne revealing that the everything that was going in the show was part of a book she was writing about her family.

So I can see April having a tidy career writing about her adventures with the Ninja Turtles. On top of having a freelance career as a reporter.

There is also an alternate ending to the 90's TMNT film where April is showing a story about the TMNT to a comic book publisher and the publisher pretty much says it's interesting but far fetched.

Old 02-27-2015, 07:17 AM   #19
Karai Samurai
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
At the same time, Ciro has taken a lot of his arcs and traits and based them directly from the original comics, and April was never a reporter/journalist in the original comics.
Really? I always thought this show was 80s/early 90s obsessed, even with their constant non TMNT movie references (which, as a 21 year old, constantly fly over my head). This show loves its OT homages. Not sure if they would, but I'd like to see April have an interest in journalism. Honestly, I just want her to have an interest in anything.

Karai Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 01:52 PM   #20
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

This April may grow up and be Carrie. Yep I said it, she is going to have all the amazing powers in blowing up buildings and setting fires with her mind.

I not sure what job will hire her with said skills. But that's my guess.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
april o'neil