The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 06-05-2016, 12:48 AM   #41
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

guys if you are going to play games like this, the trick is to play several of them that way you can juggle them back and forth for when you are regaining energy. This helps make the progress feel more tolerable. If you are into Square-Enix IP I recommend the Kingdom Hearts Unchained x game and the new Final Fatasy Brave Exvius game, both are pretty cool.

Yes, progress is slow unless you pay, but it's meant to be something you play a little bit of a few times a day and very gradually work your way through.

If you are okay with spending A LITTLE money you can buy the 50 warp passes for $1.99 which lets you instantly re-finish stages you got 3 stars on to gather the materials from them. This way you can gain levels, enhance abilities and unlock more characters or character star levels a little faster. I usually don't mind spending a little money in games like this as long as they are fun and reasonably priced.

In most games like this I've seen, you rarely have access to deals that let you get that much of a boost for only $2. Take that for what you will.

Don't buy the expensive packs unless you are an insane person. They are just there to snag the 1% of players who have serious impulse control issues or are just too rich/stupid for their own good. I hate that so many mobile games are setup in that way, but it's not changing until people stop dropping their money so easily.

Last edited by Zulithe; 06-05-2016 at 12:56 AM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 01:45 AM   #42
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
guys if you are going to play games like this, the trick is to play several of them that way you can juggle them back and forth for when you are regaining energy.
Old 06-11-2016, 04:52 PM   #43
cloud
Stone Warrior

I am enjoying the game so far but starting to lose interest because ofbhow hard it is to unlock characters and abilities. Makes the progress feel very slow
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 03:33 AM   #44
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I'm still playing daily. Yeah once you start getting into the later half of chapter 3 and into chapter 4 it becomes a struggle, because the enemies are going up at least 1 level per stage, and it becomes progressively more difficult to level up your own party members... takes 500, 600, 700 etc. mutagen PER LEVEL, PER CHARACTER... that takes a long time when you can only get 40ish per stage

just gotta chip away at it, bit by bit, and progress slowly. sadly that's just how mobile games are.

biggest bummer is the lack of variety of characters you can use. sure you can pay $$$ to unlock them fast but seriously, $50 USD for a 3 star character (which is not even the max star level)? FIFTY... DOLLARS... out of your friggin mind. Not happening.

Let's just hope they give lots of events to gain in game currency faster, and maybe have some very big discounts on the card packs then I might buy a few.

Unfortunately these Apps know how to make money and they are clearly making it... if you look around on youtube you will see videos of people opening tons of $50 packs in one sitting... $400+ in packs is not even hard to do, and many people have done it on youtube... O.o
Old 06-12-2016, 05:48 PM   #45
ctt4lfecw
Stone Warrior

I'm obsessed with this game. TMNT RPG.
ctt4lfecw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 07:35 PM   #46
Zog
Hench Mutant

Yea just downloaded today and I have been grinding. Still figuring some things out. Is there another way to get Raph other than the epic pack?
Zog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 07:51 PM   #47
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Unfortunately these Apps know how to make money and they are clearly making it... if you look around on youtube you will see videos of people opening tons of $50 packs in one sitting... $400+ in packs is not even hard to do, and many people have done it on youtube... O.o
Literally zero people who are not on Youtube could buy the packs and they'd still probably make enough money to consider it "worth it"

I wish it was more like NetherRealm's games where you have the opportunity to buy the currency/energy and maybe some special packs, but you can get packs and even direct characters with the currency whether you paid for it or not. Or at least they could have a 99 cent pack that gives you like 1 random card or something. $10 for the cheapest bloody thing, especially in a children's game is insane.
Old 06-12-2016, 08:07 PM   #48
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
People on YouTube can drop $400+ in packs because they have the funds to do so...and because they're showing off the sh*t you can only get IN the packs for their Let's Plays.

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 05:31 AM   #49
ctt4lfecw
Stone Warrior

Yo what's the best way to get DNA?
ctt4lfecw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 06:15 AM   #50
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctt4lfecw View Post
Yo what's the best way to get DNA?
Doing the hard missions over and over again after you complete each level.

Old 06-13-2016, 04:05 PM   #51
Ninjinister
無問題

I think the worst part is that the DNA drops are not guaranteed. Just on the bronze characters (5 DNA each for 1 star), you could, depending on your luck, have to go into the level 7-15 times. Similarly, for the 20 or 50 DNA characters you'll probably spend closer to 60 to 120 plays respectively. I'm at 19/20 for Casey Jones and I just went into the level 3 times and got zero drops.
Old 06-15-2016, 03:43 PM   #52
Zog
Hench Mutant

On the news screen when there is a character there and it says get it now under them, if you click that if kind of highlights a pack. If you buy that pack will you get that character guaranteed?
Old 06-15-2016, 05:13 PM   #53
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog View Post
On the news screen when there is a character there and it says get it now under them, if you click that if kind of highlights a pack. If you buy that pack will you get that character guaranteed?
There's a chance you'll get them in that certain pack.

Old 06-15-2016, 08:34 PM   #54
Zog
Hench Mutant

Just a chance, that's unfortunate.
Old 06-16-2016, 09:11 AM   #55
Raptor86
Stone Warrior

Why they don't get insporation from Marvel Future Fight? The gameplay is different but other than that they look really alike.

And in FF, without paying, you can still enjoy...
Old 06-16-2016, 09:32 AM   #56
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

My soul this game....I agree w/ ninjinister about the DNA drops. Playing 3 times, getting no character drops and having to either wait for the level to respawn (which in itself is a joke...) or spend $50 in game to open it for another 3 chances is nuts.

Quote:
If you are okay with spending A LITTLE money you can buy the 50 warp passes for $1.99 which lets you instantly re-finish stages you got 3 stars on to gather the materials from them. This way you can gain levels, enhance abilities and unlock more characters or character star levels a little faster. I usually don't mind spending a little money in games like this as long as they are fun and reasonably priced.

In most games like this I've seen, you rarely have access to deals that let you get that much of a boost for only $2. Take that for what you will.
Yeah...hardly worth it when it still consumes pizza.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656

Last edited by Jester; 06-16-2016 at 09:38 AM.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 09:56 AM   #57
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor86 View Post
Why they don't get insporation from Marvel Future Fight? The gameplay is different but other than that they look really alike.

And in FF, without paying, you can still enjoy...
If they honestly had to go the F2P route with this game, I woulda preferred if they did something that was the same as Simpsons or Jurassic World, a city builder game that didnt force you to buy packs just to unlock everything.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:29 PM   #58
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Anyone have issues with the game freezing when it tries to update?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 09:32 PM   #59
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Well, it crashes a lot particularly when first opening it. I've had about 2 or 3 crashes per day on average. makes me relog in through Facebook. I'm regularly playing a few different games on my phone right now and none of the others have that problem.

Also even though i'm a iPhone 6S+ I still get some lag sometimes in battles, the framerate should be incredibly smooth but it's very unpredictable.

If I get a notification on my phone the app hitches a little bit too. Could use some optimization that's for sure.

Anyway once you get a full team of 5 and start getting above level 20 it becomes a real pain to keep your team leveled enough to get 3 stars on anything.

The level scaling in this game is very important too. If the enemies are all level 20 and you have a level 18 in your party, they are gonna decimated that character so you have to watch your heals very close. Having more than one healer in your party helps a lot.

A better strategy might be to have only 3 or 4 characters just so you can spread the mutagen among them thicker to keep their average level higher than the enemies so you can power through thins a little easier. And even then, it's kind of a struggle to level them up for the next fight in addition to occasionally leveling up their abilities.

And don't even get me started on unlocking new character star levels... costs 1000 just to go from 1 bronze star to 2 bronze star once you get enough cards... ugh. Buying some of the warp passes it the only way i've been able to make decent progress. otherwise it's gonna take a lot of manual grinding.

I recommend unlocking April cause she can heal. She makes a good fourth character in the earlier stages of the game. Also her main attack has the ability to reduce the enemy's focus meter so it's useful against bosses so that (with some luck) help reduce the number of attacks they can do.

I hope that over the next few weeks they start lowering prices on some of the in-app purchases, and maybe adjust the mutagen/pizza costs on things. There will surely be timed events where you can get 50% discount on pizza costs, stuff like that too. All of these games go through that same song and dance.

Last edited by Zulithe; 06-16-2016 at 09:48 PM.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:41 PM   #60
Ninjinister
無問題

All of my main team is at Level 25 and now I gotta wait for those 50 DNA maybe-drops per character to be able to continue in the game.

JOY.

Tags
android, ios, mobile phone games