The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 07-25-2016, 10:52 PM   #41
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yes, she is.

I have a few sketches to show, rather than full color stuff. The'll be a bit on the large side.

Ch'rell and Krang staying up late and making plans for a thing.
Spoiler:

Xeinos and Leatherhead. I'm not terribly happy with how Leatherhead turned out, but that's what final versions are for.
One of these is IDW-centered with "what if Xeinos stumbled upon Leatherhead before finding out what he did, and managed to take off his incarceration belt". Granted, he probably wouldn't have given her the chance.
Spoiler:

Things don't bode well for the Utrom in the hip section of a double-tier android.
Spoiler:

Sure, it's a good job. It has security. Pays for the kids to go to college and keeps the bills in check. But is it too much to ask not to be level with human crotches all day?

And a full skeleton concept. It's not the best and I still need to figure out that "shoulder" joint, but it's my best yet.
Spoiler:

It's based on Santolouco's style, where their legs definitely signify hard parts in their bodies. There's a lot to suggest that they have a skeletal structure of some kind. Especially in the 'face'. But their tentacles don't have bone. However, they're far more rigid and muscly than an octopus', which has so many nerves that each tentacle practically has a mind of its own.

I have a lot of ideas about Utrom biology, including the ones I probably shouldn't be talking about here.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 02-10-2017 at 06:34 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 09:00 PM   #42
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I just got a refurbished Cintiq 13 and this is my test drawing.

Spoiler:

Not sure of where Krang is or what he's doing there, he's just being a test subject for a new device. It'll take a little bit to get a hang of dual screens, but I feel really proud of this.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:02 PM   #43
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I have another ready. It's not any Utrom in particular...just some shellfish diver that found a tide pool full of clams
Spoiler:

I think Utroms are originally ocean (shore) dwellers and lived off shellfish and things. Then they started getting into technology that allowed them travel farther and more easily than they would on their legs alone.

There are several that there are still some that live on the shoreline and make livings off shellfish, even farming them. I considered having water running off him, then I realized with how slimy they are, their skin is probably hydrophobic, so water won’t run if they get out of it.

Figuring out the net was confusing; not really sure how they’d be able to carry a full one. They probably have to make multiple trips.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 02-10-2017 at 06:30 PM.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:16 PM   #44
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

A fourth post in a row in on week...a little disconcerting...

Obligado has made a comeback, with Nalmar. While on an expedition, they strayed too far from their ship and got caught in a storm. No stranger to such situation, Obligado found shelter in a boulder's inlet for the night. Certainly a "normal" choice compared to what he's used to by that point.

Spoiler:
Old 09-02-2016, 08:21 PM   #45
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Another moment of Temre bringing a young Krang to a meeting. This being in the time where he's just figuring out how mirrors work (at least from a baby's perspective). Taking a moment or two to entertain him in the middle of a meeting hasn't been her most professional moment, but it was frequently necessary. Until she finally decided to do quick meetings and leave him with his father for a few minutes, unless he really needed her attention.

Spoiler:

This was mostly inspired by one of my favorite moments in Call the Midwife, when Chummy was saying her cooking instructions out loud to entertain her son, and ended up burning what she was making. “One titter from you, young sir, and I’ll take you to the mirror and show you what a naughty monkey looks like.” Alas, young Freddie did not see what a naughty monkey looks like. But young Krang has seen a pesky beetle and it is he.

I had also gotten some comic book style fonts, and I wanted to test them out.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 09-05-2016 at 02:14 AM.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:33 AM   #46
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I have another ready. It's not any Utrom in particular...just some shellfish diver that found a tide pool full of clams

I think Utroms are originally ocean (shore) dwellers and lived off shellfish and things. Then they started getting into technology that allowed them travel farther and more easily than they would on their legs alone.

There are several that there are still some that live on the shoreline and make livings off shellfish, even farming them. I considered having water running off him, then I realized with how slimy they are, their skin is probably hydrophobic, so water won’t run if they get out of it.

Figuring out the net was confusing; not really sure how they’d be able to carry a full one. They probably have to make multiple trips.
This makes me happy for some reason.
Old 09-09-2016, 02:12 AM   #47
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Maybe you're happy for him?

I did another Obligado (and Nalmar) centered one...with another creature. At some point, I'm going to have to put them in a situation a little more wild than this. One could say getting stranded in an average swamp alongside a practical urban hippie with nothing but some tarps and a blanket is one of Obligado's more minor escapades.

Spoiler:

Unlike the Gollum Lizard, that thing probably won't be much danger to them if they stay on land.

I'm not too happy with the shading in a lot of respects, but that's a common issue.
Old 09-12-2016, 12:03 PM   #48
PrincessUtrom
Random Punk

I can not help but imagine the utroms fish too big fish and are many for catch it.

I find baby Krang so cute> w <
PrincessUtrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 05:12 AM   #49
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

They wouldn't be going for fish with their bare tentacles - unless they were small ones. Clams, oysters, and things are a different matter entirely.

Another re-do of old art, this one from my Christmas Eve art...though this one doesn't have any particular attachments. I just wanted to do a new version.
Spoiler:
Old 09-17-2016, 08:46 AM   #50
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Awesome drawings. I really like them a lot and how you have created a backstory for them. Keep up the good work.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 02:40 AM   #51
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I finally got around to being able to do some art, and I'm pretty proud of what I ended up with.

In my personal spin on TMNT, Krang an eldest child out of four (and a later accidental five)

Spoiler:

Sheroe and Leonea are his sisters and an extremely rare set of identical twins. After their Quanin became emperor, they shared the role as Supreme Councilor (while Krang took the role of General from their mother after she becomes Empress). Garaon is the youngest, and the only one to inherit Quanin's yellow coloring. He is the only one of the siblings to make his own independent career path as a talented businessman and mogul.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:58 AM   #52
Ceres
Stone Warrior

i really like the background on this, the interior looks awesome too . Its nice to see our different AU's in color xD

"Shredder, why don't you make love to me anymore?"
Ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 07:43 PM   #53
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I haven't been able to do any art lately, but I still have a lot of old stuff lying around that I think are worthy to share.

The base lineart for the last upload
Spoiler:

Inspired by this

Spoiler:

It goes with my concept with Ceres, wherein Ma'riell has twin children, and Ch'rell is looking after them for the moment.

He's also has his own biological child in this take.
Spoiler:

And collaboration art with Ceres, in a concept taking place in a shoot-off of the 87 series. Shredder, in a break of character, rescues an abandoned baby girl in Bejing and shakes up everything in the Technodrome.
Spoiler:

But at least Mikyoko has a grandchild finally. To make adorable knitted gauntlets for.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:22 PM   #54
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

I really like the idea of Shredder adopting a kid, I kind of hope he and Krang would joint parent her.

Also, I just want to say I love how much work you've put into the Utrom character arcs and it's paid off. They're amazing and if they were ever to bring out a movie, I'd watch it.
DisKosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 06:53 PM   #55
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It's an idea I've been kicking around a little bit.

My favorite ideas are what he does when Himiko's in grade school. That being that he ends up in a small house in the suburbs, with a tunnel to the Technodrome ala Adam West Batman's Batcave. He also ends up in the PTA (he's not really sure how it happened) and is antagonized by the "I want to talk to the manager" "My Timmy's in Honor Roll" "Samantha could fight your daughter. She's a yellow belt in Tee Quin Doo", mildly racist but entirely pretentious PTA Mom Helen.

That is, until Himiko gets suspended from school for sneaking in one of her dad's swords for show and tell. And destroys a wall swinging it. Also the sword.
And beating up Samantha on the playground during recess.

For the moment, I have old-ish art to show.
A while back, I had a dream that had this guy in it.
Spoiler:

The most I recall of it is that he was the overseer of an Utrom breeding facility somewhere in the countryside. An actual number given for residents was 100 females. I guess they wanted more space than on Burnow.
He also chased the turtles through a cornfield through some kind of flying machine. It was...neat.

Anyway, even with the sketch being old art, I decided to color the gritty old grump.
Spoiler:
Old 03-01-2017, 10:44 PM   #56
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

A prediction for when Ch'rell comes out of stasis, going back to my roots with a meme:

I'm thinking of making this my new signature, but I'm not totally sure...
Old 03-05-2017, 03:17 AM   #57
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I haven't gotten around to posting this yet, but it's a collaboration between me, Ceres, and UtromPrincess

I did the initial sketch, then Ceres did the lineart, then Princess finished by doing the color and background.

It's a scene from our Skype Roleplay, where Garaon takes Cassiopeia to dinner at one of his favorite establishments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
It seems that I may have to make a third post in a row, since I have a little more to share and it's been a couple weeks since the last one.

IDW Krang and Ch`rell are my favorite antagonistic Utroms, and I realized that this is would pretty much make up a highly annotated, watered down version of what a meeting between them would look like. Also, it's what a quick squish not-to-be-fully finished work presently looks like for me.

That's...probably not what the prongs are for, they're probably just birth defects.
Well, this is pretty funny under the potential circumstances of IDW Ch'rell potentially being close to Krang.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 03-05-2017 at 03:23 AM.
Old 04-29-2017, 12:28 AM   #58
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

A classroom concept:

I seriously doubt that the Utrom population as a whole doesn't seem to do any kind of personalization on their walkers, nor is there any apparent form of body decoration, like paint or piercings. So my little kindergarten teacher here demonstrates all of these. She even has rubber safety tips on the ends of her walker legs. I guess it would be her "work walker", since it's built to be lower to the floor than the ones we mostly see.

There's also only five kids. Because of how long Utroms live, they likely have a fairly low birthrate.
Old 04-29-2017, 10:30 PM   #59
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Wow, you're a good artist. Was it hard getting to where you are now in your drawings? Did you take some classes or something? I've been trying really hard to improve my own drawing skills, but it's been really hard. I'd love to be able to draw as good as you and other members someday, and I'd like some advice, if you could.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 10:57 PM   #60
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

A lifetime of drawing really, though I've come a long way from when I first started drawing Utroms. The last time I had a "real" art class was when I was in high school, and that was five years ago.

Here's an examples of some things I did in October of 2015
Spoiler:

I've come along way, especially in settling on a style. One of my prized examples of art improvement actually comes from Land Before Time fanart from when I was in high school, with growth occuring in four months. Though, the Utrom stuff happened over a course of a year+ .

I've even shared some art progress in three stages by redoing the same art multiple times to test improvement. Going from here to here to here. And I'm considering a fourth version, with revised ideas of what Utrom bedrooms would like like (with which I am just going to call "Pillow Town" for the moment, unless I decide that Quanin might do a different setup).

A lot of artists will tell you to "Practice, practice, practice", but I personally have found it helpful to follow the example of other artists and really study their technique. My best advice is to do more than "practice", but observe what other artists are doing, take examples from them, and have at least a little time to consider the environments your characters would be in. Practice helps, but you can't do it in an empty chamber without any influence.

Drawing humans are usually my weakness, especially in terms of posture and form. Utroms are a little easier in some aspects because there's so much less "body", but then that comes with more complications. Like how physical interaction works. Palling around and hugging and things. I'm trying to decide if they generally don't kiss because it would be hard to do with their enormous mouths, they just do something different.

I actually just finished this, and it came with difficulty on the setting, since I had drawn the characters independent of any kind of room/seating. And because I couldn't decide on a bed or couch...pillow town. Which I guess is where they sleep.

Spoiler:

On this one, I got sick of trying to get one side of the mother's face to match the other, so I just copied and flipped it...which ended up looking a lot better than I expected it to.

(I made a mistake and put two shots of rum in a coke instead of one...)

One thing I want to expand from is Utrom families and just do a lot more, but habit keeps me grounded. So that's another thing. Try to expand a little bit from comfort zones. But don't push yourself, that would make it a little harder. Just start with what you can, take advice, look at online tutorials, and let it grow on its own.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 04-30-2017 at 01:47 AM.

Tags
fan art, krang, speculation, utroms