The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 12-03-2017, 09:54 AM   #21
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Depends on the villains. I don’t have a problem with some of them becoming allies. Them working together with the Turtles temporarily against a greater threat is more interesting to me, though.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 10:22 AM   #22
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Splinter No More

Evereyone fought the monster together in "Splinter No More" for a while.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 10:37 AM   #23
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I do love a good redemption arc, but...for me this sort of thing only works with well developed bad guys.

Like...Magneto, or Zuko, or heck even Legend's of Tomorrow's Captain Cold.
Agents of Chaos don't make for good redemption arcs, but characters that are already people, do.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 10:43 AM   #24
Overlord

Archie Slash also worked well.
Old 12-03-2017, 10:43 AM   #25
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Evereyone fought the monster together in "Splinter No More" for a while.
Great episode. Shredder was a competent enough villain in that ep, as he managed to free himself, Bebop and Rocksteady from the monster’s clutches.

Also, the Turtles decided to help the Punk Frogs in “Invasion of the Punk Frogs” even though they weren’t on the same side. They also decided to help Shredder and Baxter in “Case of the Killer Pizzas”.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:06 AM   #26
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Stockman and Bishop's arcs made them the most dynamic characters in 2k3 IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 02:57 AM   #27
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

How do i feel about my hencmen betraying me?! You want to know how i feel?! Grrrr arrgggggggg

ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrr

first it was 2003 karai and hun!!! Then 2012 rocksteady and bebop!! And of course that crazy mad scientist baxter stockman! All of the stockman have betrayd me except idw stockman!!! Grrrrr!!!!!!
But they will pay for what they did. I will cut their heads and drink their blood!!
Old 12-05-2017, 03:36 AM   #28
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
It depends, if the character shows strong signs of redemption, they are being misled, their goals are somewhat noble, then I can see them being redeemed. It also depends on the execution, the reason why I didn't care for TC turn to face was because I felt it was too apparent and the only times he was shown being a decent human were the times he thought Shredder went too far in some cases but still continued with doing his job without any signs of disbelief towards Shredder
Tiger Claw....
Decent... Human?

That doesn't add up.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:28 PM   #29
triplexxx
Mad Scientist

Like has been said, is dependent how true a villain any of them is, some were anti-villain, or even anti-hero (i.e. Bishop), some had been dragged through the mud so much (i.e. Stockman) that it could be said they'd, at least somewhat, paid their commupance, and some are guilty of more or worse crimes than others or had more malicious personalities/intentions than others, would also depend if their crimes were actually successful, how much damage they caused, and if they got away with it. Hun was guilty of murder at least once, possibly twice, plus his alliances with good usually temporary & for his own selfish gain, so he could be an example of "irredeemable". The Punk Frogs, never really villains, just misled & naive. Karai kind of bounced back and forth, seemed to have an understanding of good, yet at the same time willingly aided and abetted her "father's" crimes. Bebop & Rocksteady, buffoons, but strong and willing common thugs with street connections. Many alliances were just temporary & only because the turtles & villains had common interests at that particular moment, doesn't mean the villains are redeemed, at least not completely.
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:29 PM   #30
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Tiger Claw....
Decent... Human?

That doesn't add up.
Man Tiger, whatever.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:01 AM   #31
pferreira
Foot Elite

My take on it is that having enemies fight each other all the time because repetitive. To have the villains redeemed or working together with the heroes provides something new to the dynamic of the show or comic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I wouldn't say "good", more like benign and happy.

You know what, scratch happy, doesn't quite seem right. I'm thinking a word with similar meaning might be more appropriate. Cheery? Joyful? Merry? Perky? Chipper? Upbeat? Peppy? Gleeful? I don't know, maybe it'll some to me later...
Content?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
You could say their change was quite naked.
I know. The cheeks of it.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:25 AM   #32
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
Great episode. Shredder was a competent enough villain in that ep, as he managed to free himself, Bebop and Rocksteady from the monster’s clutches.

Also, the Turtles decided to help the Punk Frogs in “Invasion of the Punk Frogs” even though they weren’t on the same side. They also decided to help Shredder and Baxter in “Case of the Killer Pizzas”.
In Archie, Leonardo kicked Rocksteady off an underground bridge only to within the very next moment save him.