The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 06-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #101
psychturtle
Mad Scientist

Loved this thread. Does anyone have pictures of the original 1988 ninja turtle toy package art with the turtles by themselves rather than on the actual package? I'm basically looking for the same style of art as what's on those packages, but in a similar format to the sketches shared in this thread. I'm working on a collage/art project and was hoping to score some jpeg pics of the turtles like on the '88 packaging (i.e. the poses of the turtles like on Leo's package card). I'm apparently not resourceful enough to find these on the regular search engines and was unable to find these prints. I'll post this in another thread as well. I appreciate your time and any help you guys and gals can provide.

psychturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:50 AM   #102
Raziel88
Mouser

Raziel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:53 PM   #103
Goon
Thug

I just discovered this Flickr account that has a lot of interesting concept artwork on it that I thought you guys might want to check out.. Below is a small sample.. There is a lot of stuff to sift through though..

Check out the account here.

Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:41 AM   #104
Genesis
Stone Warrior

I'd always wondered what Eastman and Laird's original Bebop and Rocksteady looked like.
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:06 AM   #105
Raziel88
Mouser

Here is new TMNT alsoo Cool .
Raziel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:18 AM   #106
arizvega
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by okstpsy View Post
Loved this thread. Does anyone have pictures of the original 1988 ninja turtle toy package art with the turtles by themselves rather than on the actual package? I'm basically looking for the same style of art as what's on those packages, but in a similar format to the sketches shared in this thread. I'm working on a collage/art project and was hoping to score some jpeg pics of the turtles like on the '88 packaging (i.e. the poses of the turtles like on Leo's package card). I'm apparently not resourceful enough to find these on the regular search engines and was unable to find these prints. I'll post this in another thread as well. I appreciate your time and any help you guys and gals can provide.

I want that toy but i have no money...

arizvega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #107
Powder
So tired of this place

Raziel88 there is a section for you to post your fan-art and this thread is not it.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:01 PM   #108
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
I'd always wondered what Eastman and Laird's original Bebop and Rocksteady looked like.
I agree, those look AWESOME.

And the first version of Bebop, he looks intimidating! By the way his demeanor looks to be in that picture, I doubt he's be as dim and buffoonish as the Bebop in the OT.

I like the second version of Rocksteady, that one doesn't look like he'd be all that dumb. Maybe he'd be like one of those guys obsessed with blowing stuff up, judging by the looks of all that hardware in his backpack.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 08:57 AM   #109
SpellbinderV
Mouser

Can anyone share more Technodrome views (if they exist)?

I only have 3/4 back and front views i got from Francis Moss back in the day. And now they can be found on turtles wiki.

I mostly interested in a top part now (with the Eye and side guns), but any other ones will be good too.

I still wonder where the entrance to the Technodrome is supposed to be

I recently got back to my Technodrome 3d model. I started to model it because all other ones i stumbled upon consisted various deviations from original design. I attempt to model it as close to original design as i can.

So far an interesting find was a concept art of Technodrome by Mark Taylor, who helped to design it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 05-TechnodromeMarkTaylor_zps5ddb7cdc.jpg (95.1 KB, 15 views)
SpellbinderV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 11:50 AM   #110
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychturtle View Post

http://images.comiccollectorlive.com...c13e4ab29b.jpg
Never noticed Leo was pretty much doing a Mirage pose on the top right corner of the toy packaging. Pretty cool.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 11:56 AM   #111
Sumac
Banned

Is it a sketch for a toy or a cartoon Technodrome?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 12:55 PM   #112
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
mix of both, looks like it..

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 01:07 PM   #113
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Toys were developed first, very early on, including stuff like this. It's very likely that the design used in-show was based on concept art such as that one there (which itself was based on loose descriptions from David Wise's pitches).

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 03:48 PM   #114
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Toys were developed first, very early on, including stuff like this. It's very likely that the design used in-show was based on concept art such as that one there (which itself was based on loose descriptions from David Wise's pitches).
David Wise probably didn't pitch the idea of the Technodrome, even though he claimed to, so it's safe to just say assume it was a toy concept before he got involved.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fred wolf series, model sheets