The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 11-03-2020, 11:03 AM   #81
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Well here's the fully worked out version of my reject drawing. If it looks familiar, it's my take on the cover art for "Avatar the last Airbender, the Art of the series."

Mahalo is a mix between Avatar Aang and Song Goku from Dragonball Z. As such I depicted him with a battle axe to showcase that he has no squabbles about having to fight for real, which is very different from what Avatar Aang would be.

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 10-15-2023 at 09:55 AM.
The Great Saiyaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 04:23 PM   #82
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Mikey's act of desperation leads him towards the Bradford clone.

But can he be trusted?

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 09-27-2023 at 05:50 AM.
Old 11-03-2020, 07:41 PM   #83
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Cool comic entry man! Love the colouring too.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 03:16 PM   #84
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Cool comic entry man! Love the colouring too.
Thanks man, it's a LOT of work.

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 09-27-2023 at 05:52 AM.
Old 11-08-2020, 04:05 PM   #85
IMJ
Emperor

These really are very well done, man!
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 04:32 PM   #86
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
These really are very well done, man!
Thanks man and here's my new preview page.

Well, I have used examples before to draw NYC in my comics and I figured it to be cool to make a very blatant reference to the one comic I used the most.

https://theslingsandarrows.com/wp-co...n-New-York.jpg
Spirou and Fantasio in New York.

I used the stances of the characters and did my version of the background, which took a LOT of time, four hours in total.

This shall also be the title page for the seventh chapter.

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 09-27-2023 at 05:55 AM.
Old 11-13-2020, 10:20 AM   #87
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

While the Chris Bradford clone gets his Peter Parker "With great power comes great responsibility" lesson, back in Japan Tsunami is trying to get Leo to spill the beans about the secret of his heritage while also keeping a secret herself.

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 09-27-2023 at 05:56 AM.
Old 11-18-2020, 01:15 PM   #88
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

With Leo unwilling to spill the beans on who he really is, the members of Karai's Ops squad decide to have somebody coming in who is familiar with Leonardo, somebody who has fought against and along side him multiple times.

Tiger Claw is difficult to get right but I guess I got him right enough.

Having proved himself to be somebody trustworthy, the Chris Bradford clone now finds himself being introduced to the series that the real Chris Bradford owned the DVD boxes of.

Thinking up this scene made me realize how alike Son Goku of Dragon Ball is to Avatar Aang.

But he and Mikey quickly realize that bringing Casey to safety might not have been all that safe.

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 09-27-2023 at 05:58 AM.
Old 11-21-2020, 03:18 PM   #89
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Mikey and the Bradford's clone's oversight put Casey Jones in real danger, what can they do to put it right?

This is the first time I depicted June in full color, the colors of her suit match the color scheme of a hissing cockroach.

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 09-27-2023 at 05:59 AM.
Old 11-22-2020, 11:01 AM   #90
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Will our heroes make it in time?

I put in a little joke with the name the Bebop clone is using here, since it's customary to give medical staff in cartoons German names, I wonder how many people who read this comic know what "Kartoffeln" are...

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 09-27-2023 at 06:00 AM.
Old 11-22-2020, 06:17 PM   #91
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

And so it goes on...

So what did the mutagen turn Casey Jones into? Well as you can see it turned him into his 2003 series' counterpart.

It's funny but as soon as Casey appeared in the 2012 series, people have been complaining about him being to scrawny, not nearly as cool as how he was in the 2003 series. This scene basically gives those people the thing they wanted all along.

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 09-27-2023 at 06:02 AM.
Old 11-27-2020, 02:15 PM   #92
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

In the latest update of my story, we find out that aside from being Leo's foil, Raph and Karai have another thing in common...

So how is Raph thinking he can actually save those finned friends of his?

We'll find out in due time...

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 09-27-2023 at 06:04 AM.
Old 11-27-2020, 10:03 PM   #93
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

My apologies for the late response, I have been heavily procrastinating my thought out responses since I tend to analyse stories alot before leaving my thoughts

Anyways:

1. Great art of the cover of "Divided We Stand: Part 1". The style comes off as very similar to the Tales of the Tmnt theme song used by the 2012 show in its final season, and I love it. Raphael holding the Sai in particular looks top notch.

2. The Tanaka sisters are interesting so far. Adds some weight to Karai's backstory in Japan and are yet more reinforcements who can prove useful against the Kraang.

3. Who is Kuro? Doesnt come across as the biggest threat with the Kraang around, but I am still interested in his identity. Is he just a puppet for the Kraang or does he have a motivation of his own?

4. Cool that Mikey is friends with "Bradford" again, even if he is not the real deal. I was initially a little wary that this Bradford was just a trap to lure Mikey, but it seems like he has permanently changed for the better now.

5. Cool preview art of Karai, Xever and Steranko. Gotta love how Steranko is so big and Bulky that he wields a machine gun with one hand.

6. Hell yeah! Casey is back in business and he is no longer scrawny! I do wish Casey was more Bulky in the show, but atleast here he has his chance to become the big lovable dope that most people remember him as.

7. Funny how a strong minded person by Karai can't be easily manipulated by the Kraang who are only really familiar with being in a hive mind.

8. That bit about the fish is pretty cute and I love how it ties into Karai's backstory during the show. Only question is whether Raph will now be able to rescue all those fish.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 04:06 AM   #94
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
My apologies for the late response, I have been heavily procrastinating my thought out responses since I tend to analyse stories alot before leaving my thoughts

Anyways:

1. Great art of the cover of "Divided We Stand: Part 1". The style comes off as very similar to the Tales of the Tmnt theme song used by the 2012 show in its final season, and I love it. Raphael holding the Sai in particular looks top notch.

It was my salute to Sophie Campbell's cover for "City at War" I drew the characters in the same stances as they were in her drawing but in the 2012 show's style. And a couple of differences.
- Leo is human
- Mikey has Kurusigama instead of nunchakus and his mask is damaged because of the Kraang attack on Shredder's old lair.

Quote:
2. The Tanaka sisters are interesting so far. Adds some weight to Karai's backstory in Japan and are yet more reinforcements who can prove useful against the Kraang.
I got the idea for them when watching a rather famous episode of the original Pokémon series. The Episode in which Brock stays behind to be the assistant of Professor Ivy's. Ivy has a set of identical triplet sisters working at her lab called Minami, Konami and Tsunami.

The idea was to have the Tanaka sisters basically be human counterparts for the Turtles and the way they behave reflects that.
- Konami is Michelangelo, enthusiastic, innocent (Well, as innocent as somebody trained to be an assassin can be anyway) and enjoying life to the fullest.
- Minami is Donatello, calculating, technical, slightly neurotic.
- Tsunami is Raphael. Intense, unrelenting and bloodthirsty, she wasn't named "Tsunami"without a very good reason.

As for why I named them Tanaka.

This is Japanese comedian, drama actor and screen writer Naoki Tanaka, who in the west is best known for being one of the cast members of the ridiculous humor show "Gaki no tsukai." Now Tanaka here is best known for having to go through something very painful (sometimes multiple times) on the end of year specials of that show. His ordeal has since become a Meme. I figured it would be hilarious to have the Tanaka sisters perform that thing in my story.

Quote:
3. Who is Kuro? Doesnt come across as the biggest threat with the Kraang around, but I am still interested in his identity. Is he just a puppet for the Kraang or does he have a motivation of his own?
You'll find out in due time.

Quote:
4. Cool that Mikey is friends with "Bradford" again, even if he is not the real deal. I was initially a little wary that this Bradford was just a trap to lure Mikey, but it seems like he has permanently changed for the better now.
Rad Brad has his reasons, which I shall reveal later.

Quote:
5. Cool preview art of Karai, Xever and Steranko.

That was my salute to this comic.
Quote:
Gotta love how Steranko is so big and Bulky that he wields a machine gun with one hand.
Not just a machine gun either, he's holding a Gatling gun.

Quote:
6. Hell yeah! Casey is back in business and he is no longer scrawny! I do wish Casey was more Bulky in the show, but atleast here he has his chance to become the big lovable dope that most people remember him as.
You shall see eventually.

Quote:
7. Funny how a strong minded person by Karai can't be easily manipulated by the Kraang who are only really familiar with being in a hive mind.
That scene was a whole lot of fun to write and draw, I initially was going on how she was verbally wreaking havoc on her captors but using psychological warfare was actually so much funnier...

Quote:
8. That bit about the fish is pretty cute and I love how it ties into Karai's backstory during the show. Only question is whether Raph will now be able to rescue all those fish.
The answer to that is Yes, he is able to rescue all those fish but it'll take Herculean effort and brain power of Donnie-sized proportion to pull it off!
Old 12-01-2020, 12:33 PM   #95
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Well how do you think Raph would get those doomed fish away from their broken fish tank?

Well here's how...

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 09-27-2023 at 06:18 AM.
Old 12-01-2020, 01:56 PM   #96
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Looks like the fish got mixed with Timothy's DNA.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 12-06-2020, 12:44 PM   #97
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Well this was meant as a five page update. Sadly the fifth page wasn't quite up to snuff so four pages for now but talk about an update, things are getting SNAKEY!

A little joke here with the Xever clone, the X-29 is a fighter plane prototype with forwards facing wings.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...9-InFlight.jpg

Time for Karai to make her move...

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 09-27-2023 at 06:21 AM.
Old 12-07-2020, 07:22 PM   #98
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

So what is Karai going to do with the Xever clone?

I had done this drawing of a Punk Rock Karai and this is the first page in which I use the look I created.

But that thing that the Xever clone said about her not being able to escape isn't a load of rubbish...

The Kanji is real, it says "Kuso!" which is Japanese for "S#!t!"

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 09-27-2023 at 06:24 AM.
Old 12-08-2020, 06:22 AM   #99
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I'm guessung that Karai was in a mid-air Technodrome all this time.

Old 12-08-2020, 07:23 PM   #100
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

With this one I decided to work with Mateus Santolouco's awesome work for the cover for "Monsters, Misfits and Madmen" of the IDW series of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

But it isn't a direct copy, for one, there aren't any turtles to be found but I did depict the Tanaka sisters in the roles of their turtle counterparts.
- Konami is Michelangelo
- Minami is Donatello
- Tsunami is Raphael
- Leonardo is Leonardo (DUH!)

I knew I had to name this new chapter something direct, one word and I was milling over it the entire day and then I got it "Clash" it doesn't get anymore direct than that. And as a joke I incorporated the logo of The Clash in there too.

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 09-27-2023 at 06:25 AM.