The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-10-2021, 06:49 PM   #21
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
sadly, yes. companies are SO afraid of the big bad woke twitter mob, that they are willing to sacrifice reputation, money and power in order to win over twitter likes. it's honestly INSANE the levels they go to, when just 6 years ago, she'd have been fired at the first sign of mass failure or inability to lead. A guy would have been fired already.
I seriously hate that Twitter has that much power. They literally have everyone by the balls.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 06:13 PM   #22
Vegita-San
Emperor

Twitter honestly needs to be shut down at this point. it's nothing but a cesspool of hate and angry teens

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 06:18 PM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Twitter honestly needs to be shut down at this point. it's nothing but a cesspool of hate and angry teens
Most people on twitter are 20-30+ year olds.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 06:52 PM   #24
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
just 6 years ago, she'd have been fired at the first sign of mass failure or inability to lead. A guy would have been fired already.
What were Kathleen Kennedy's failures again?
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 06:56 PM   #25
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
What were Kathleen Kennedy's failures again?
Not getting along with the director and electing to completely reshoot "Rogue One." Not getting along with the directors and electing to completely reshoot "Solo"... then having it fail (directly prompting Disney at large to cancel all of the non-trilogy Star Wars movies in pre-production). Total polarization of the fandom beginning with "The Last Jedi" and continuing into "The Rise of Skywalker" and the making of the brand semi-radioactive, as seen in the turnout for things like the ST-based Star Wars experience at Disney Land (yes, even pre-COVID). The only thing receiving any good worth of mouth is "The Mandalorian," with which she has slim to nothing to do with.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 07:09 PM   #26
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Not getting along with the director and electing to completely reshoot "Rogue One." Not getting along with the directors and electing to completely reshoot "Solo"... then having it fail (directly prompting Disney at large to cancel all of the non-trilogy Star Wars movies in pre-production). Total polarization of the fandom beginning with "The Last Jedi" and continuing into "The Rise of Skywalker" and the making of the brand semi-radioactive, as seen in the turnout for things like the ST-based Star Wars experience at Disney Land (yes, even pre-COVID). The only thing receiving any good worth of mouth is "The Mandalorian," with which she has slim to nothing to do with.
And you know what Disney's response to this is?

All the new trilogy earned over a billion. Rogue One earned close to that and even though Solo wasn't a huge success it still made a profit.

They don't care that some fans on the internet are unhappy. Even if we count Solo as a failure that's one movie in five, that's an impressive strike rate. The spin off movies were always a long shot anyway.

Like I said at the top of this the newer aren't really my thing but no one at Disney pays anything but a passing notice of the anti-Kathleen Kennedy movement. Her movies start failing then you'll see her replaced but not before.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 07:24 PM   #27
Leo656
The Franchise

Ahh, the old "Stuff makes money even if it's garbage" defense, right on time. If only the trains were so predictable. And if only trains were still relevant. But I digress.

Insert standard "Transformers movies all made money, all still sh*t anyway" counterpoint. Poisoning your own brand for a fast buck is not a good long-term business model. But hey, "$$$" so all criticisms are invalid. Awesome.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 07:26 PM   #28
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
And you know what Disney's response to this is?

https://mlpnk72yciwc.i.optimole.com/...carl-barks.jpg

All the new trilogy earned over a billion. Rogue One earned close to that and even though Solo wasn't a huge success it still made a profit.

They don't care that some fans on the internet are unhappy. Even if we count Solo as a failure that's one movie in five, that's an impressive strike rate. The spin off movies were always a long shot anyway.

Like I said at the top of this the newer aren't really my thing but no one at Disney pays anything but a passing notice of the anti-Kathleen Kennedy movement. Her movies start failing then you'll see her replaced but not before.
Also there are the fans who don't really follow all the drama that's going on, and just watch the movies with there families.
Old 03-11-2021, 07:28 PM   #29
Leo656
The Franchise

They'd have to be watching them with their eyes closed or an armful of black tar heroin not to notice how f*cking garbage they are.

Old 03-11-2021, 07:35 PM   #30
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
They'd have to be watching them with their eyes closed or an armful of black tar heroin not to notice how f*cking garbage they are.
They notice, they just don't b*tch about them on the internet, they b*tch to their friends and family and move on but their money counts so they must have loved it.
Old 03-11-2021, 07:46 PM   #31
Leo656
The Franchise

"The Last Jedi" was the only time I can remember actually walking out of a movie theater angry.

Yeah, they got my money, but they haven't since and possibly never will again. So... yay?

Old 03-11-2021, 07:53 PM   #32
AquaParade
Banned

I was just sort of confused by the end of The Last Jedi, after all the praise it received. I figured it was an acquired taste, but I never really warmed up to it, for the most part.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 07:53 PM   #33
frank_one
Mad Scientist

The goal for the revival of the brand was to gain new money and gather new fans. They got tons of money out of an horrible new trilogy, pissed off and lost older fans but regained most of them back with Rogue One and The Mandalorian. As far as NEW fans, I don't know: this could be their main failure.
All in all, I hate her but she hasn't done bad enought to deserve to be thrown out of the window, unfortunately.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 08:52 PM   #34
Leo656
The Franchise

It seems like most of the "new fans" they made with "The Last Jedi" jumped off again when "Rise of Skywalker" didn't keep going in the same direction.

Which goes to prove that as suspected, Those People never really even cared about Star Wars. What they cared about, was hijacking Star Wars and turning it into a delivery system for SJW fluff. Once that train derailed, those people abruptly decided that they didn't actually like Star Wars after all. Which anyone could have called from a mile away. Like all those people who never cared about Ghostbusters but jumped on with the Chickbusters movie for no reason other than, "This pisses Real Fans off, and I like that, so I'm all-in." That's who the new Star Wars movies made happy, but almost nobody else.

They did manage to win back a few people, but the jury's still out on how many or if they'll stick around after the next inevitable misfire. I still haven't bothered with "The Mandalorian" and don't really plan to, and I have no faith whatsoever in them actually making a movie that's any good anytime soon. Plenty of people are in the same boat. There'd need to be a full housecleaning among the higher-ups before I'd feel comfortable putting my faith - or money - in the Star Wars brand again.

Old 03-12-2021, 03:34 AM   #35
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
And damaged reputation of the SW movies in the process.
In other studios people responsible for this being replaced or fired. Like look at all **** which has happened with DC cinematic universe: even though movies were profitable, they still lead to cancelation of other projects and staff shake ups.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 05:26 AM   #36
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

If they weren't aware and reactive to the extremely negative reception of SW films and their handling in a post-Last Jedi world we would still be getting 1 Star Wars movie a year. Starting with Star Wars: Boba Fett (which was already in production), then Han Solo 2, and Obi-Wan. And Rian Johnson's Star Wars trilogy would have been fast-tracked for sure, not just this thing many years later Kennedy likes to threaten the fans with occasionally when she's feeling particularly malevolent.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 06:29 AM   #37
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
It seems like most of the "new fans" they made with "The Last Jedi" jumped off again when "Rise of Skywalker" didn't keep going in the same direction.

Which goes to prove that as suspected, Those People never really even cared about Star Wars. What they cared about, was hijacking Star Wars and turning it into a delivery system for SJW fluff. Once that train derailed, those people abruptly decided that they didn't actually like Star Wars after all. Which anyone could have called from a mile away. Like all those people who never cared about Ghostbusters but jumped on with the Chickbusters movie for no reason other than, "This pisses Real Fans off, and I like that, so I'm all-in." That's who the new Star Wars movies made happy, but almost nobody else.

They did manage to win back a few people, but the jury's still out on how many or if they'll stick around after the next inevitable misfire. I still haven't bothered with "The Mandalorian" and don't really plan to, and I have no faith whatsoever in them actually making a movie that's any good anytime soon. Plenty of people are in the same boat. There'd need to be a full housecleaning among the higher-ups before I'd feel comfortable putting my faith - or money - in the Star Wars brand again.
I agree with all of this. I myself have still never watched The Mandalorian. Sometimes I wonder if it's really good or it's just the fans so desperate and hungry for something more traditional and "comfortable" after being shocked by the new trilogy. That big badass Luke's cameo in the season finale wouldn't have worked so well if the character had not been totally destroyed by The last jedi
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 06:53 AM   #38
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Mando could easily have been nerfed by the main character's babysitting duties and the domineering trinity of Gina, Sasha and Katie, but wasn't. The writing is very much on point and there's equality with all of the cast.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 03-12-2021 at 08:18 AM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 08:04 AM   #39
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
And damaged reputation of the SW movies in the process.
In other studios people responsible for this being replaced or fired. Like look at all **** which has happened with DC cinematic universe: even though movies were profitable, they still lead to cancelation of other projects and staff shake ups.
Bingo.

But, in this crazy SJW world, bad reputation, insulting fans, not listening to fans, actively telling fans not to buy their products..f iring people with viewpoints you don't like and supporting others with actively racist viewpoints....

Causing massive production problems...not paying attention to your job and wasting MILLIONS on reshoots and recasting and re directing. Actively trying to sabotage ANYTHING successful in the brand that you personally did not have a hand in doing...

need we go on?

This lady and anyone related to her agenda is poison. and it's infecting hollywood like a cult. Agents are actively telling their clients 'Think Left' even if you don't agree with it....so as to not get the cancel culture mob angry.

What they don't realize, is that the cancel culture mob HAS NO POWER unless they give it to them...because they do not buy or support your products.

it's mind bogglingly insane what is going on right now. and it was not this bad not even 4 years ago.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 09:36 AM   #40
CyberCubed
Overlord

They just turned their planned Boba Fett and Obi-wan movies into TV series instead. Boba Fett is now getting his own series, and we have a Obi-Wan series coming as well.

I remember a Yoda movie was being considered too but I wonder if that idea was changed to the baby Yoda in The Mandalorian.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote