The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 11-22-2022, 06:01 PM   #1
Mondo_Gecko
Stone Warrior

Complete Archie Collection (Including Specials, Mighty Mutanimal, Conservation Corps)

Hey everyone,

I have a question. Hopefully this wasn't already asked. I did try to search prior, so if I missed it, my apologies.

Is there a complete collection of Archie Comics available? Including the main series, specials, mini-series, Mighty Mutanimals, Conservation Corps)?

I still have my original comics (aside from missing one or two of the specials and mini-series.) but are their digital or hardcover versions available? Or an Omnibus? Hopefully I'm using the correct term?

Thanks so much.

Hope everyone is well.
Mondo_Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 06:34 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

No. IDW collected most of the main series but skipped the whole middle eastern arc, and they also skipped most of the Mutanimals issues, all the specials, and all the other mini's like the April ones, the Mondo Gecko ones, Year of the Turtle, etc.

Also you should change the thread title, i thought this was an announcement of a new collection
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 08:39 PM   #3
serpentnight
Random Punk

The IDW trades aren't bad but there's several issues that aren't included. Most (not all) of the numerical issues are there, so is the first Mutanimals series in full and a couple issues of the second; the rest is pretty much back issues only: the two April O'Neil series, the Universal Sourcebooks, -Turtles Meet Archie, -Conservation Corps, -Donatello and Letherhead, -Presents Merdude, the eleven -Special issues, and the -Year of the Turtles issues.

Of course if you really want to go nuclear with your collection you'd have to include the cereal mini-comics, the movie issues by Archie, the TMNT Magazine issues (that have content the Archie crew worked on), The Coming Out of Their Shells Official Tour Guide pamphlet, the Coin-Toons Series 1 binder, and of course the Warriors of the Forgotten Sewer mini-comic.

Good luck!

Last edited by serpentnight; 11-22-2022 at 08:45 PM.
serpentnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 09:57 PM   #4
neatoman
Emperor

Not bad? There is a universal misprint for one of the Isreal issues, which just adds further insult to the fact that several issues aren't included, the paper is cheap as hell and the series is literally made from scanned back-issues from the 90's. You know what's really bad? The misprint isn't even in the scans you can find online, a bunch of internet pirates literally did a better job!
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 10:05 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Also you should change the thread title, i thought this was an announcement of a new collection
My first thought was that he wanted to sell all of that.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 08:51 AM   #6
IMJ
Emperor

IDW would sell massive amounts of books if they ever put this series to Omnibus.

It's like a no-brainer, but you can imagine that some office clown is feigning intellectualism somewhere in a meeting saying "we could do that, but we have to move slowly.... carefully on this".

And it results in nothing but everyone sitting there smiling awkwardly in groupthink-compliance yet thinking to themselves "uh yeah, or we could.... you know.... get it printed and sell a ton of books even in this environment".
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 04:30 PM   #7
serpentnight
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Not bad? There is a universal misprint for one of the Isreal issues, which just adds further insult to the fact that several issues aren't included, the paper is cheap as hell and the series is literally made from scanned back-issues from the 90's. You know what's really bad? The misprint isn't even in the scans you can find online, a bunch of internet pirates literally did a better job!
They weren't exactly printed on quality paper to begin with. What do you expect?

Last edited by serpentnight; 11-23-2022 at 04:53 PM.
serpentnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 05:43 PM   #8
Mondo_Gecko
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
No. IDW collected most of the main series but skipped the whole middle eastern arc, and they also skipped most of the Mutanimals issues, all the specials, and all the other mini's like the April ones, the Mondo Gecko ones, Year of the Turtle, etc.

Sorry for the confusion, Cubed. I had a limited number of characters for my title and was trying to be specific, so people knew what I was searching for.
Old 11-23-2022, 05:44 PM   #9
Mondo_Gecko
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
My first thought was that he wanted to sell all of that.
Sorry for the confusion as well, Andrew. I had a limited number of characters for my title and was trying to be specific so people knew what I was looking for.
Old 11-23-2022, 06:16 PM   #10
AquaParade
Banned

I would love an Archie TMNT omnibus. Especially either the Year of the Turtle series included.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 06:59 PM   #11
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I would love an Archie TMNT omnibus. Especially either the Year of the Turtle series included.
It's a no-brainer, man.
Somewhere here on the forums one of the IDW guys replied stating simply "there are on plans for an Omnibus". Brilliant use of the archie I.P. right there. Print some floppy trades with zero marketing behind them instead of a high quality set of two omnibus capturing the entire series that would sell out immediately and lead to a 2nd printing.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 07:31 PM   #12
Mondo_Gecko
Stone Warrior

I couldn't agree more, AquaParade and IMJ.

With nostalgia selling across all mediums, one would think it would be already be out.

As I said, I'm either missing one or two issues of Donatello and Leatherhead and I can't remember if I have ANY of the May East Saga. I know I'm missing one or two specials as well.

I'd be more then HAPPY to re-buy the COMPLETE collection. *HINT! HINT!* if any of the IDW staff or publicists are reading this.
Old 11-23-2022, 08:25 PM   #13
AquaParade
Banned

IDW completely dropped the ball after the initial wave of “Ultimate Collections”. Those had printing issues but were pretty great overall. Would have loved to have seen that line continue for all volumes.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote