The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-19-2017, 12:27 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord

Fun fact: Batman 1989 is now as old to the modern generation as 60's Batman was to us

Now here's a fun fact, Batman 1989 with Michael Keaton is now as old to the modern generation as the 60's Batman with Adam West was to our generation when the 1989 movie came out.

There was about a 20 year gap between when the 60's show ended and when the 1989 Tim Burton flick came out, and now it's been over 25 years between when that came out and the modern Batman movies. Hell even the Nolan Batman trilogy is a decade old now.

I just thought it was interesting that for those of us who thought the 60's Batman show was, "ancient" or "old" back when we were in the 90's experiencing the new live action Batman movies and B:TAS, now both of these elements are the same 25+ year old material as is to current Batman films and cartoons.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 12:29 PM   #2
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Hell even the Nolan Batman trilogy is a decade old now.
The Nolan trilogy is only 5 years old. To the day, really. Dark Knight Rises came out tomorrow, 5 years ago.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 03:04 PM   #3
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Old Man Cube strikes again.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:12 PM   #4
sdp
-

I'm old enough to remember Cubed telling kids at Pokemon forums that "once you're a teenager like me you realize that...."

These CC "i'm old threads" have gotten old as well as articles that tell you "did you know bla bla blah is closer to your birth than bla bla bla...." articles

With that said however, I remember console generations feeling like they were forever but they were only 3/4 years but the PS3/360 were nearly a decade and yet that felt "fine", I can't imagine having to change consoles every 3/4 years like in the 90s. And yeah to me stuff like 60s Batman felt sooo old but Batman 89, actually scratch that. Batman 89 also felt old to me just not 60's Batman old. But taking Nolan's Batman into account I do feel like Begins wasn't that long ago and even Rises I remember very well. Crazy.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 03:45 PM   #5
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Get a life, man. Occupy your thoughts with something else.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:46 PM   #6
snake
Disgusting

Did you know that A Day Inside May is over a decade old? Wow!
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 04:17 PM   #7
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Cubed is having his mid-life crisis a bit early.
Old 07-19-2017, 04:20 PM   #8
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
By this point, I'm pretty sure Cubed is Guy Pearce from Memento.

Every day he wakes up, a new man... who checks the calendar and his driver's license, and freaks out.

I wonder how many tattoos he has?
Old 07-19-2017, 06:34 PM   #9
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I watched 60s Batman in the 80s...
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 07:19 PM   #10
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

Congrats cybercubed on once again noticing the passing of linear time and making another thread about it

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 03:35 AM   #11
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Cubed is that old man who sits on his porch with a shotgun reminding kids of "back in his day..."

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 04:59 AM   #12
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
It had a rerun on UK television only a couple of years ago too
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:33 AM   #13
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Batman Returns is better.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:33 AM   #14
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
No it aint.

Thats subjective. Not a fact.

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 01:49 PM   #15
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I do wonder what if Cybercubed's bizzare obsession with time and fads and today's youth and all that? Every time a new show has a VCR in it or whatever, he's quick to point out 'I bet today's kids won't even know that is', as if the show/movie/whatever has somehow become smarter and deeper and less childish just because an 80's reference was in it. There must be some kind of name or medical term for this kind of obsession but I don't know what it's called, unless it becomes a whole new term called Cybercubedism or something.

If you took a shot every time he either says a certain thing is whatever years old now or kids today won't know what this or that is, you'd be dead in a day.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 03:23 AM   #16
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I'm old enough to remember Cubed telling kids at Pokemon forums that "once you're a teenager like me you realize that...."

These CC "i'm old threads" have gotten old as well as articles that tell you "did you know bla bla blah is closer to your birth than bla bla bla...." articles

With that said however, I remember console generations feeling like they were forever but they were only 3/4 years but the PS3/360 were nearly a decade and yet that felt "fine", I can't imagine having to change consoles every 3/4 years like in the 90s. And yeah to me stuff like 60s Batman felt sooo old but Batman 89, actually scratch that. Batman 89 also felt old to me just not 60's Batman old. But taking Nolan's Batman into account I do feel like Begins wasn't that long ago and even Rises I remember very well. Crazy.
I was never on pokémon forums but was on another forum CC used to post at in the early-mid 2000s and don't recall him making posts like this at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
Yeah, he should wait until he is 50 or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
By this point, I'm pretty sure Cubed is Guy Pearce from Memento.

Every day he wakes up, a new man... who checks the calendar and his driver's license, and freaks out.

I wonder how many tattoos he has?
To me, CC is like a younger version of Larry David. I can imagine his posts and his life being a Curb Your Enthusiasm episode just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Cubed is that old man who sits on his porch with a shotgun reminding kids of "back in his day..."
He's from New York City, though. Doubt there are many porches or shotguns there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I do wonder what if Cybercubed's bizzare obsession with time and fads and today's youth and all that? Every time a new show has a VCR in it or whatever, he's quick to point out 'I bet today's kids won't even know that is', as if the show/movie/whatever has somehow become smarter and deeper and less childish just because an 80's reference was in it. There must be some kind of name or medical term for this kind of obsession but I don't know what it's called, unless it becomes a whole new term called Cybercubedism or something.

If you took a shot every time he either says a certain thing is whatever years old now or kids today won't know what this or that is, you'd be dead in a day.
He's been doing this since the "how do you cope with turning 20 years old?" thread of his he made back in... 2013? 2014?

CC has always gone through phases, but this one feels like it's lasting forever. His previous one was focused on race. Remember when he was posting "I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY'RE MAKING SHREDDER A WHITE MAN!"? 5 times a day?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 04:19 AM   #17
newfan
Mad Scientist

and I'd spent all these years thinking that movie was in 1990 Close enough.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 04:25 AM   #18
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I remember a few 60's shows being watched in the 80's, just less television then
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 08:39 AM   #19
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Well, I watched the 60s Batman from around 1997 to 2000 and didn't realise it was a 60s show until a celebrity mentioned it in a tv magazine around 2000. Shouldn't known it was old, though, when the early episodes were in black and white.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 09:45 AM   #20
TMNT_Guy
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
Shouldn't known it was old, though, when the early episodes were in black and white.
Are you sure the early episodes were in black and white? I've seen the first two episodes before and they were in color. Maybe your confusing the 60s TV show with the 40s serials?

Tags
a day inside may, cucklife crisis, cuckman, cybercubed is batman, cybercubedthe oldster, the cuck knight rises