The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 12-01-2021, 08:12 PM   #61
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I thought the issue was pretty cool, Its got some cool fight scenes, And then this happened.

Spoiler:
Old 12-01-2021, 11:49 PM   #62
Allio
Foot Elite

As an asexual, I literally can’t give a *uck
Old 12-02-2021, 12:51 AM   #63
Vegita-San
Emperor

yep, just what people want to see in a tmnt comic. glad I havn't been reading lately.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 09:30 AM   #64
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I thought the issue was pretty cool, Its got some cool fight scenes, And then this happened.

I'm so tired of this relationship sh!t going on in this book. Stick to platonic relations with the mutants & ignore the human relations.... bring back the ninja, full time...

In fact, when Tom comes back, lets retcon the entirety of 101 to now as some kind of post mutation fever dream of Jenni's & start fresh.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 12:45 PM   #65
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudrunner View Post
And the answer is just flat out it's not as interesting as when they were living and fighting in the shadows.
Kind of feel like they missed an opportunity to do both and explore this idea while still maintaining what it was before by having the Turtles still getting past the boarder and dealing with things in the shadows on the other side. Partly concerning Mutant Town and fighting for the well being of the people they care about there, and partly not. That way it isn't the total central focus, but still added it to the TMNT's list of concerns and some nice additional complications to the their lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
And then this happened.
But it already happened, are people supposed to be impressed again? Happening casually in the sidelines of a story like it's nothing unusual was how I felt the first time should have been handled... Rather than making it some big thing or big deal as if them kissing actually matters at all over the course of the series.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 12:55 PM   #66
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Kind of feel like they missed an opportunity to do both and explore this idea while still maintaining what it was before by having the Turtles still getting past the boarder and dealing with things in the shadows on the other side. Partly concerning Mutant Town and fighting for the well being of the people they care about there, and partly not. That way it isn't the total central focus, but still added it to the TMNT's list of concerns and some nice additional complications to the their lives.
Something that hasn't even been touched on and I feel that it should/easily could have been is how the Turtles deal with the fact that they finally don't have to hide anymore. That something as normal as taking a stroll down the street, which they've been denied their whole lives for simply being who they are, is now possible. Do all of them embrace this new possibility? Do some of them still feel wary? How do lifelong outcasts suddenly deal with having a place where they can belong? And that's just the very tip of an enormous iceberg of emotions and opportunities waiting to be uncovered.

One would think that sort of small moments would be right up Campbell's alley, and yet... It's like it's been immediately skipped over.

Fortunately, even if Mutant Town is somehow reversed or retconned, at least the cat's out of the bag in that regard now.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 01:14 PM   #67
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Something that hasn't even been touched on and I feel that it should/easily could have been is how the Turtles deal with the fact that they finally don't have to hide anymore. That something as normal as taking a stroll down the street, which they've been denied their whole lives for simply being who they are, is now possible. Do all of them embrace this new possibility? Do some of them still feel wary? How do lifelong outcasts suddenly deal with having a place where they can belong? And that's just the very tip of an enormous iceberg of emotions and opportunities waiting to be uncovered.

One would think that sort of small moments would be right up Campbell's alley, and yet... It's like it's been immediately skipped over.

Fortunately, even if Mutant Town is somehow reversed or retconned, at least the cat's out of the bag in that regard now.
they have though, from al and raphs's date, their first rock concert in 105, even donnie going to the school with his tool box and waving at people and them waving back.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 01:21 PM   #68
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
they have though, from al and raphs's date, their first rock concert in 105, even donnie going to the school with his tool box and waving at people and them waving back.
You find that enough? Three brief moments scattered throughout 120+ issues?
Old 12-02-2021, 01:31 PM   #69
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
You find that enough? Three brief moments scattered throughout 120+ issues?
There's a conversation between the turtles at the beginning of Turtles in Time #4 that was all about this kind of stuff.
Old 12-02-2021, 01:41 PM   #70
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
There's a conversation between the turtles at the beginning of Turtles in Time #4 that was all about this kind of stuff.
Yeah, but that was then. This is now. For all the similarities and talk of timey-wimey influences, they're two very different sets of circumstances. If nothing else, Mutant Town is permanent in the eyes of the Turtles, whereas they knew they'd have to come back from that future. This is their life now.

The Turtles are almost like Kaspar Hauser or one of those kids whose parents stash them in cupboards or sheds for years, they've been conditioned to live in a certain way that's at odds with their current circumstances. While there may be a lot more mutants around now, they should still feel like outcasts deep in their hearts. And while I can't provide too many examples because I haven't delved into the concept too much, I just feel there's something more that could have been done with this.
Old 12-02-2021, 01:56 PM   #71
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:

Agree. There may have been that one comment between Raph and Alopex as mentioned, but the change in lifestyle had to be really, really weird for the Turtles and it would have been interesting to see them awkwardly trying to deal.

Along those lines, I'd have liked to see further discussion later between Mona and Donnie after she got upset at him when she found out he was never human. Sure, it's understandable if she loses it after her life was upended, but she was also a jerk who never considered how hard the Turtles' lives were, living for so long in a way that she as a mutant would never have to. Would have been a good opening to bring up that life and the differences and dealing with it, and their difficulties in doing so.

Though Leo sounds like a good one to explore those feelings and whatnot about this "new" life, now that they've kind of given him a little attention and shown that he doesn't really feel like he's found a place for him in it, at least not beyond the dojo.
Old 12-02-2021, 03:06 PM   #72
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Agree. There may have been that one comment between Raph and Alopex as mentioned, but the change in lifestyle had to be really, really weird for the Turtles and it would have been interesting to see them awkwardly trying to deal.

Along those lines, I'd have liked to see further discussion later between Mona and Donnie after she got upset at him when she found out he was never human. Sure, it's understandable if she loses it after her life was upended, but she was also a jerk who never considered how hard the Turtles' lives were, living for so long in a way that she as a mutant would never have to. Would have been a good opening to bring up that life and the differences and dealing with it, and their difficulties in doing so.

Though Leo sounds like a good one to explore those feelings and whatnot about this "new" life, now that they've kind of given him a little attention and shown that he doesn't really feel like he's found a place for him in it, at least not beyond the dojo.
Yeah totally missed chance, a chance to discuss Donnie's feelings and the difference of a being a human turned mutant than an animal turned humanoid. Is Campbell is about these moments, this would have been it right there. But it feels she really doesn't care about the actual characters, just her fanfic ones.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 04:44 PM   #73
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
I'm so tired of this relationship sh!t going on in this book. Stick to platonic relations with the mutants & ignore the human relations.... bring back the ninja, full time...

In fact, when Tom comes back, lets retcon the entirety of 101 to now as some kind of post mutation fever dream of Jenni's & start fresh.
Aint gonna happen because Tom is supporting all that's been going on.
Old 12-02-2021, 06:30 PM   #74
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Yeah totally missed chance, a chance to discuss Donnie's feelings and the difference of a being a human turned mutant than an animal turned humanoid. Is Campbell is about these moments, this would have been it right there. But it feels she really doesn't care about the actual characters, just her fanfic ones.
In this particular regard, it feels more to me like she's - on a subconscious level as well as the clearly conscious one - telling the story more from Jennika's point of view, lumping her perspective and reactions to the situation in with the other four Turtles, while forgetting that Jennika started out life as a human while the OG Turtles didn't. It's only natural that Jennika would feel more at ease with other mutated humans, whereas with the others, it's not so much a problem of acceptance from humans. They had that with April, Casey, Woody and others. It's more a matter of never feeling like anything but freaks and outcasts in their life until now. Even among other freaks. That is to say, while Campbell is clearly and willingly focusing on Jennika, this particular point could well be an accidental consequence of that narrow focus. But who knows.
Old 12-02-2021, 08:30 PM   #75
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
In this particular regard, it feels more to me like she's - on a subconscious level as well as the clearly conscious one - telling the story more from Jennika's point of view, lumping her perspective and reactions to the situation in with the other four Turtles, while forgetting that Jennika started out life as a human while the OG Turtles didn't. It's only natural that Jennika would feel more at ease with other mutated humans, whereas with the others, it's not so much a problem of acceptance from humans. They had that with April, Casey, Woody and others. It's more a matter of never feeling like anything but freaks and outcasts in their life until now. Even among other freaks. That is to say, while Campbell is clearly and willingly focusing on Jennika, this particular point could well be an accidental consequence of that narrow focus. But who knows.
Yeah, well someone needs to remind her this comic is about the Turtles, and even though technically Jennika is one of them now, she needs to remember the other four.

I almost feel like her thought process is either 'I should focus on Donnie's feelings considering he was a turtle and not a human and how he'd feel different compared to the rest, etc etc..... but that would take time away from Jennika!' or not even thinking or caring about them at all.

Honestly it should affect Raph the most given he lived his first year as an outcast and homeless. He felt like an outcast among family because he had to get used to having three brothers and a father all of a sudden.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 04:30 AM   #76
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Yeah, well someone needs to remind her this comic is about the Turtles, and even though technically Jennika is one of them now, she needs to remember the other four.

I almost feel like her thought process is either 'I should focus on Donnie's feelings considering he was a turtle and not a human and how he'd feel different compared to the rest, etc etc..... but that would take time away from Jennika!' or not even thinking or caring about them at all.

Honestly it should affect Raph the most given he lived his first year as an outcast and homeless. He felt like an outcast among family because he had to get used to having three brothers and a father all of a sudden.

Let me play the Devil's advocate here. Since starting my "The Full Eighty percent" fan comic, I tried to incorporate all four the turtles as equally which turned out to be really difficult, since all of them are so different.

Stories evolve the way they do, I have no input on how they evolve other than to put it on paper. The main story line here is Leo having mutated into a human and how that changes his outlook on life and the relationship with his brothers. He also has to deal with one of Karai's friends from Japan having fallen in love with him.

I did dedicate a full chapter called "Even better than the real thing" to Mikey, where he befriends the Chris Bradford Clone. And there's several Raph centered chapters where we see his growth as the new Leader of the team, taking on so much responsibility setting up and leading the Pulverizer brigade.

The comic was meant to be a Donnie-centric comic but so far he's featured the least out of all of them because he's difficult to write about.

The reason why I bring this up is that I'm familiar with the process of bringing a story together, Campbell will very likely be doing the same thing that I do: going over a scene over and over until it feels right and only then bring it out.
Old 12-03-2021, 04:50 AM   #77
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

CBR just wrote an article about the latest issue, And they think Leo and Carmen might get in some relationship.
I know there are many that wanna see Leo and Koya, But its possible that a love triangle might be possible.
https://www.cbr.com/tmnt-leonardo-re...s-love-ethics/
Old 12-03-2021, 11:39 AM   #78
ChosenOne
Banned

You know there's something deeply wrong with the book when even CBR focuses on stuff like relationships and love triangles. TMNT, not Riverdale.
Old 12-03-2021, 11:48 AM   #79
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Oh god, why. lol Leo and Koya... I have not been able to wrap my head around that suggestion. I doubt it was ever intended to be real, it sounds like the most random, out there thing someone could come up with and waaaaay far and away from the kinds of girls that generally turn his head, collective franchise speaking.

Carmen, however... much closer to that sort and the last frame of her and Leo in the background...you can't really help but go, "Hmmm..."

Granted for him he might me mostly taken with the fact that he just found one of the people he was told to look for. Even like that whole outing and getting talked into a match and fighting her was meant to happen all along. Though she looks kinda impressed with him.

Though I'd rather they just be the start of their own little platonic social group, that he noticed he seemed to be lacking unlike the others, because why else bring it up.
Old 12-03-2021, 12:22 PM   #80
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

I'd rather something happen with the plot that didn't revolve around shipping.
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote