The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 01-21-2023, 02:36 PM   #1
neatoman
Emperor

Alleged leaked storyboards from the new movie.

https://litter.catbox.moe/rp4up6.pdf
Edit:
Different link that still works, albeit in video: https://files.catbox.moe/vx0si1.mp4

This is an alleged leak of some storyboards for the new movie, not sure if it's real or an elaborate hoax, I once read a very elaborate fake script for Transformers 3. So just keep in mind that this might be fake, even if it might be convincing.

Here's what we get from this:
  • This scene seemingly takes place a while before the plot proper starts, with the Turtles seeming to be a bit younger.
  • The Turtles wish they could go to school and they only really know about it from pop culture (so presumably they started out as turtles).
  • April is an overweight school teacher.
  • The reason she let them into the school after hours is because she wants their help solving a mystery.
  • April has a wall of crazy and reveals that the Rat King is the villain of this movie (or at least has a part in it).
  • The Rat King might be crime boss or something.
  • The Turtles' only real interest in April is that this allows them to visit the school.
Hahahaha!

Last edited by neatoman; 01-23-2023 at 07:00 AM.
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 02:49 PM   #2
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

If it's real and got leaked...someone is in trouuuuuble.

Real or not, Scene 008/Panel 32 was worth scrolling that far. Damn that bobble head.

If it's real, I await the reaction of April's fanboys.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 02:57 PM   #3
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Oh yeah. If people didn't like what she looked like in Rise, they are going to hate this. She basically looks like if Rise April grew up to be a crazy cat lady with diabetes.
Hahahaha!
Old 01-21-2023, 03:03 PM   #4
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

IF it's legit, I wonder if this is also the first tease we'll get, but animated.

Also, I really despise "shook" used as present tense. Dammit, you aren't "shook," you're shaken.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 01-21-2023 at 03:10 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 03:43 PM   #5
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I hope this is fake. Enough with the ruining of April O Neil
Old 01-21-2023, 04:00 PM   #6
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Some Thoughts:

This seems too elaborate to be fake. It could still be changed in development, but I don't know about fake.

I do not like this all that much. Somehow the turtles come off as even YOUNGER than teenagers. The tone is all wrong.

"Shook" is too modern a slang word to ever feel right in a movie, least of all here. It's got "fellow kids" energy all over it.

Mikey's head apparently really IS that large. In that case, the hell?

"Modern" creators just really hate April, don't they? They just cannot stand a white, normally proportioned female, can they? It just HAS to be updated for "modern audiences."

It also seems that people have taken the whole "wants to fit in" aspect of the characters, and taken it way too far, turning it into teenage angsty high school movie then the more general sense of belonging that it used to be. This storyboard is a prime example of that. It feels like they somehow missed the point while also actively making it worse.

This plot feels like it would work better in a movie that wasn't a TMNT movie. But instead this is a TMNT movie and it feels all wrong.

Seriously, why is his head so big?! It's inexpilcable, and it looks stupid!
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 12:35 PM   #7
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
If it's real and got leaked...someone is in trouuuuuble.

Real or not, Scene 008/Panel 32 was worth scrolling that far. Damn that bobble head.

I'm fat. I do NOT want a fat, or black april. that is a TOTALLY new character.

not going too see this mess.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 04:41 PM   #8
AquaParade
Banned

This is pretty much what I feared: when they say they are treating them as teenagers, they actually mean like little children. Teenagers would behave more like something out of “Freaks and Greks”, which is something Rogen should be aware of.

As for the writing, being aimed at children, I guess it’s fine. I think the turtles longing to be a part of the upside-world is fine but as a driving theme for the film, told through the lens of high school? It just seems like we’re veering pretty far from the core concept at this point.

Also, this appears to be early on and we already have exposition in the form of one turtle reminding another what the plot is (“remember we don’t want April to know blah blah blah…”)? That seems sort of weak.

Cool to see the Eastman nod and the writing isn’t bad overall. Just not really aimed at me I guess.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 09:47 PM   #9
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

After looking at these storyboards, what a travesty.

I didn't have much interest in seeing this to begin with but now I have zero interest.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 09:53 PM   #10
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

omg... wtf. So Rise of the TMNT was like the primer. Now we've arrived at super fat, black April.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 05:59 AM   #11
frank_one
Mad Scientist

It's sad to see "Eastman" thrown all over the scenes, but it is what it is. I'm sure Kevin will say this is awesome at some point if asked. Good thing "Laird" is not on this stuff.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 07:12 AM   #12
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

why did they have to blow straight past making April a hot POC and do this instead?

this is just terrible, the Turtles especially
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 08:21 AM   #13
neatoman
Emperor

I am a bit curious as to how the Turtles intend to "attend school"? Are they attempting to turn into or at least disguise themselves as humans? Or will they hide in the the vents and observe the classes?
Hahahaha!
Old 01-22-2023, 01:44 PM   #14
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Looking forward to it regardless of how they look, This TMNT will be its own thing, Just like every other version of TMNT out there.
Old 01-22-2023, 01:48 PM   #15
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Looking forward to it regardless of how they look, This TMNT will be its own thing, Just like every other version of TMNT out there.
And of course, TigerClaw loves it. Big surprise there.

Of course every version is "it's own thing." That doesn't mean that they're always GOOD things. Look at Next Mutation. Did it try to be it's own thing? Yes. Is it terrible, badly written, and shoddily produced? Also yes.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 01:49 PM   #16
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
And of course, TigerClaw loves it. Big surprise there.

Of course every version is "it's own thing." That doesn't mean that they're always GOOD things. Look at Next Mutation. Did it try to be it's own thing? Yes. Is it terrible, badly written, and shoddily produced? Also yes.
That is all subjective.
Old 01-22-2023, 04:20 PM   #17
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Need moar Turtl prduct!.!
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 12:00 PM   #18
Slash-Dash
Foot Soldier

yeah I have my doubts that this is legit.
Slash-Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 05:21 AM   #19
AquaParade
Banned

This movie needs a Michael-Bay sized backlash imo. We don’t want alien turtles and we don’t want teenage mutant student turtles.

This shouldn’t be so hard. Rejected.
Old 01-22-2023, 09:56 AM   #20
AquaParade
Banned

If they are completely dense, I guess that’s what they’ll do. That said, the market evidence is right in front of them. Neca figures and The Last Ronin are highly successful…with comic book fans, not with the elementary school market.

I have to wonder if they are starting to realize this already. They did mention last year that they weren’t counting out future live-action movies. They said that unprompted. Makes me wonder if they are finally looking at the sales data vs the failure of stuff like “Rise…” and doing what they’re supposed to be good at - following the money.

Best case scenario is that this one is for the kids, and the “MCU movie audience”, as I’ll call it, have something else being cooked up. Because this just isn’t going to cut it with the 13+ crowd and they know that audience is there. I really can’t even imagine middle schoolers wanting this kind of thing. It just feels very childish.

Super annoying to watch the movies constantly flounder. Making good movies is hard, but at least aim in the right direction.

Tags
tigerclawisashill