The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-13-2022, 03:27 PM   #61
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So they're really going to kill Black Panther in the opening aren't they?
Something super insulting to Chadwick Boseman and T'Challa like that.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 03:42 PM   #62
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's weird and kinda dumb, since someone else will be in the suit anyway. When they pull off the mask to show his face (or at a funeral), and everyone is staring at him crying...what are they going to do? Put a digital CG face of Chadwick Boseman and paste a deepfake on a guy lying there?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 09:48 PM   #63
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybercubed View Post

i'm sure they could have cast someone who looks similar to chadwick boseman, a lot of black people look alike after all, it shouldn't be too hard to find a look-a-like.
dude......

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 05:24 AM   #64
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's pretty obvious hiring a look-a-like to play Boseman could have been done. Obviously he wouldn't look 100% the same, but a lot of African people have similar skeletal features in their skulls/faces that goes back to their ancestors over generations since the days of homo habilis and homo erectus after we evolved from a common ancestor with the great ape.

Just have a guy with a similar haircut and you wouldn't notice much different. I mean it also happened in the Nolan Batman movies. Remember when Katie Holmes was replaced with a new actress in The Dark Knight Returns? She didn't look that different.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 12:22 PM   #65
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So they're really going to kill Black Panther in the opening aren't they? It really does seem like a misfire now that they didn't recast him, especially since this is permanent for the next 10 years or so of movies.

I'm sure they could have cast someone who looks similar to Chadwick Boseman, a lot of black people look alike after all, it shouldn't be too hard to find a look-a-like.
You're so dumb, Cubed. Or you're the trollingest motherf#cker in the universe, whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
They couldn't slick up Namor's hair to match the comics better? And where are the Spock eyebrows? Lookswise, Namor was always pretty much Spock if he had gains and could live underwater.

And of course Namor isn't white. Of course.

The other picture doesn't impress me until we see an actual actor in the costume. I mean look at how they ****ed up Gorr the Godslayer.
Wasn't Namor always kinda Asian lookin? You might start to sound like CyberCubed soon

I'm more and more intrigued by this movie. It sucks that they had to pivot so hard to account for Boseman's death, but this phase of the MCU is interesting to me so far.

Last edited by ProphetofGanja; 07-24-2022 at 09:00 AM.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 11:00 AM   #66
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
You're so dumb, Cubed. Or you're the trollingest motherf#cker in the universe, whatever.

Wasn't Namor always kinda Asian lookin? You might start to sound like CyberCubed soon :lol"
All those Vulcan Atlanteans look alike to me.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 07-23-2022, 07:25 PM   #67
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Old 07-23-2022, 07:31 PM   #68
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

What a bunch of garbage. They're going to make Black Panther 2 into another origin story because they're spineless cowards while sh**ting on Chadwick and his character.

Wow, what a glorious reign and legacy T'Challa had as Black Panther now! He became Black Panther then a week later vanished for 5 years and came back and died somehow off-screen. I'm sure they'll be talking about his reign for centuries to come in Wakanda! I don't know how these guys can think for one moment this is a good idea. Stupid, stupid, stupid on every level.
Old 07-23-2022, 07:49 PM   #69
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
What a bunch of garbage. They're going to make Black Panther 2 into another origin story because they're spineless cowards while sh**ting on Chadwick and his character.

Wow, what a glorious reign and legacy T'Challa had as Black Panther now! He became Black Panther then a week later vanished for 5 years and came back and died somehow off-screen. I'm sure they'll be talking about his reign for centuries to come in Wakanda! I don't know how these guys can think for one moment this is a good idea. Stupid, stupid, stupid on every level.
The MCU really did end with End Game, didn't it?

They really should have either ended it there or gatekeep all these crazy woke directors the **** away from the franchise.

The TVs shows were a terrible idea too. Shoulda stayed as movies.... but actual good movies.

Old 07-23-2022, 08:03 PM   #70
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I know it's probably just the mushrooms but that got me like really emotional
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 08:24 PM   #71
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
They really should have either ended it there or gatekeep all these crazy woke directors the **** away from the franchise.
I'm sure this crap with this movie isn't the director, it's coming from the top.
Old 07-23-2022, 08:47 PM   #72
Leo656
The Franchise

I didn't even see the first one but the whole "We can't recast because the actor was just TOOOOOO important" thing reeks of bullsh*t to me. We can't let ourselves start going down that path with these things.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 08:48 PM   #73
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I can't wait for this. Ryan Coogler is one of my favorite directors. I bet Shuri o becomes Black Panther in this somewhere
Old 07-23-2022, 08:49 PM   #74
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
I'm sure this crap with this movie isn't the director, it's coming from the top.
I don't doubt it. Over in Star Wars, Kathleen Kennedy pretty much said out loud not long ago, "Nobody but Mark Hammill will ever play Luke Skywalker, we learned our lesson with Solo"... which means 100 years from now they're still gonna be CGI'ing his face onto body doubles and stuff like that.

So I wouldn't doubt it if it's the new hard line from Disney Corporate. "We 'can't' recast anyone who's too 'iconic'."

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 08:50 PM   #75
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Well, they decided not to do what Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker did with Carrie Fisher, which would've been using repurposed unseen footage of Chadwick Boseman from a previous movie to conclude his character's story. I know that movie divided critics and audiences, but that was something that a lot of people agreed was very well done given what happened to Fisher. Either they didn't have any unseen footage that could be used properly or they just wanted to do something different.

Last edited by ranger_scout; 07-23-2022 at 08:55 PM.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 11:35 PM   #76
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Well, they decided not to do what Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker did with Carrie Fisher, which would've been using repurposed unseen footage of Chadwick Boseman from a previous movie to conclude his character's story.
Or they could've just recasted. Period. Simple. Edward Norton didn't remain the Hulk after Incredible Hulk because they decided they didn't want to work with him again. If Norton died after Incredible Hulk, what... by this thinking we'd need to make a whole new Hulk character going into the Avengers? Because we need to honor Norton's 1 movie legacy which means somehow burying his character and hamstringing its legacy?

Absolutely retarded thinking on its face.
Old 07-23-2022, 11:40 PM   #77
serpentnight
Random Punk

Is Namor going to make his film debut. If so I hope they don't turn him into one of the MCU's disposable villains. The character deserves better.
serpentnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 12:02 AM   #78
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentnight View Post
Is Namor going to make his film debut. If so I hope they don't turn him into one of the MCU's disposable villains. The character deserves better.
If anything, this is the Mummy 2 to his Scorpion King to come. Obviously.
Old 07-24-2022, 05:49 AM   #79
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Or they could've just recasted. Period. Simple. Edward Norton didn't remain the Hulk after Incredible Hulk because they decided they didn't want to work with him again. If Norton died after Incredible Hulk, what... by this thinking we'd need to make a whole new Hulk character going into the Avengers? Because we need to honor Norton's 1 movie legacy which means somehow burying his character and hamstringing its legacy?

Absolutely retarded thinking on its face.
Edward Norton didn't wanted to work with Marvel again, Because he was upset they did not give him full creative control over the movie.
Old 07-24-2022, 07:58 AM   #80
AquaParade
Banned

That’s a great trailer but I’m a bit pessimistic about Marvel lately. Hope it lives up to the trailer because it could be something special. Enough with the formulaic crap though please.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote