The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion > Custom Toys/Collectibles

Notices

Old 05-23-2009, 12:03 PM   #41
raven6859
Hench Mutant

Nice! I particularly like the Super Shredder!
raven6859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:33 PM   #42
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"

The Super Shredder and Rocksteady are just amazing. I was going to ask about buying the Super Shredder from you, or trying to get you to make me one for my stop motion turtles movie, but I'm sure it's been asked for timeless times before.

But, nonetheless, it's the best Super Shredder I've seen.
DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:12 PM   #43
Sarah
Hench Mutant

Location: In Archon's kitchen playing with his toys while he's tied up on the ground. :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post
The Super Shredder and Rocksteady are just amazing. I was going to ask about buying the Super Shredder from you, or trying to get you to make me one for my stop motion turtles movie, but I'm sure it's been asked for timeless times before.

But, nonetheless, it's the best Super Shredder I've seen.
thanks! I don't mind making one for you, but I don't have the time to do it right now. I have all the parts readily available, but if I make a new one I plan to use a new base with better muscle definition so that he looks more like he did in the film. if you're still interested, and you can wait a while for it, then send me a PM and we can work something out.
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:17 PM   #44
TurtleManiac
Stone Warrior

that super shredder definitely takes the cake here, ive also been plannin to make a super shredder using a wrestler body, since technically he is in the movie (kevin nash). and that toon burne body is great base for several characters ive been planning to use it as a "Smash" (leader of crooked ninja turtle gang). great work on all of these.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24478755@N08/
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:37 AM   #45
Sarah
Hench Mutant

Location: In Archon's kitchen playing with his toys while he's tied up on the ground. :D
I was digging through the garage and I came across most of my old TMNT customs so here they are. the only ones I didn't find yet were the Punk Frogs and Rat King, so when I find them i'll post pics. these have been packed away for a while so the paint is chipping and cracked on a few of them even though I kept them in zip bags. please keep in mind that I made them about 5 or 6 years ago, and that was long before I had DVD's or screencaps to work from, and if I made them now they would turn out alot differently. anyway, I should have some new customs soon.

Toon Shredder - when I made this I was pleased with it, but now when I look at it something seems wrong, so Ive already started working on a new one.

Usagi Yojimbo

Leatherhead

Movie Star Turtles - just repaints with new bandanas and belts. but I used a Movie III Leo head cause I hate the stupid smile on the regular head.

The Neutrinos - I repainted these guys from head to toe except for Kala's bracelets and boots cause they were pretty close to the right colours. her and Dask are just repaints but for Zak I had to sand down alot of the details to make him look a bit better.

Rhinoman and Mighty Hog - I should have used a lighter shade when I painted Bebop's skin but at the time I couldnt find the right colour, so I just painted his arms the same colour as his head.

Baxter Stockman

Casey Jones

Last edited by Sarah; 01-15-2010 at 07:50 AM.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:59 AM   #46
Powder
So tired of this place

These are all awsome!!!!!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:49 AM   #47
Wes
Mad Scientist

These are really cool, Sarah -- and I demand recipes for the less obvious ones! I've guessed that Leatherhead uses Rocksteady's body as a base (is that right?), but the others that aren't repaints remain mysteries to me. What did you use for your toon Shredder? Usagi's body? Baxter's body? Inquiring minds want to know!

And I really like the idea of using the old Shredder's shin armor for the forearm armor... I wish I'd thought of that. That Shredder is much easier to come by than Supers. :/

* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?

Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:23 AM   #48
Ninjinister
無問題

Somebody's been busy! Most impressive! I'd have to say my favorite is Leatherhead. I've been pondering forever how to do a more toon-accurate LH for some time, and, barring just straight up using a 2K3 LH for a base, I've been stumped.

Rhinoman and Mighty Hog were another couple o' ones on my "to do" list forever. Yours turned out pretty nifty! ^_^
Old 01-14-2010, 09:12 AM   #49
koenne
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
original toon April - I made this cause I wasnt ever pleased with any of the ones that Playmates did. and cause I had nothing better to do

Very nice custom !
koenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:09 PM   #50
909 Turtle Fan
Hench Mutant

wow! great work, the LH and baxter are my favorites, and good call on the movie mike head swap! i get kinda tired of the goofy-ass smile on every mike figure too.
909 Turtle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:09 PM   #51
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
These are really cool, Sarah -- and I demand recipes for the less obvious ones! I've guessed that Leatherhead uses Rocksteady's body as a base (is that right?), but the others that aren't repaints remain mysteries to me. What did you use for your toon Shredder? Usagi's body? Baxter's body? Inquiring minds want to know!
:/
I can tell ya this much, usagi is movie 3 kenshin. Baxters legs at the least are from an actual ninja turtle, & I THINK shredder is somethin from toxic avenger but I'm likely mistaken.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:25 PM   #52
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Sarah, these are AMAZING. Still waiting for your "Tri-Sarah-ton."

I don't have many criticisms, except I would have used the belts that the Movie Star Turtles came with (although I do like how you did the bandannas and pads). I also wouldn't have used that bright of Green for them, if it weren't for that I think they'd be much more life-like.

Great stuff though!!! Seriously!!!

I still want to see someone do a set of "Coming out of their Shells" Turtles using the Movie Star figures.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:00 AM   #53
Sarah
Hench Mutant

Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
I'd have to say my favorite is Leatherhead. I've been pondering forever how to do a more toon-accurate LH for some time, and, barring just straight up using a 2K3 LH for a base, I've been stumped.
yeah, the Leatherhead is one of my fav ones out of the pile, the only thing that I would have done differently is use a brighter green for him, but at the time it was the only shade I had.

I saw a custom OT Leatherhead made with a NT body before and I thought it came out great. I think tmntfan617 made it but Im not sure though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I can tell ya this much, usagi is movie 3 kenshin. Baxters legs at the least are from an actual ninja turtle, & I THINK shredder is somethin from toxic avenger but I'm likely mistaken.
well, you're almost right about Kenshin, the arms and legs are his, but the head, body and feet are from Usagi. and the only turtle parts on Baxter are his feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Thanks Wespinator. to be honest, it's been so long since I made these that I forgot some of the parts that I used. but i'll try...

Leatherhead - I used Bebop's body, Rocksteady's arms, and of course, Leatherhead's head and tail. I forgot what I used for the hands and legs.

toon Shredder - the body was from a Slice and Dice Shredder, the legs and helmet are from the Mutations Road Ready Shredder. and the arms are from some unknown figure that I got in a pile of parts.

Usagi - read above.

Baxter - the head, arms, and wings are from Baxter, the feet are from a turtle, and the body was another unknown figure that I used cause he already had a bow tie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroku_CJJ View Post
Still waiting for your "Tri-Sarah-ton."
maybe one day, but for now that project has been scrapped.

Quote:
I don't have many criticisms, except I would have used the belts that the Movie Star Turtles came with (although I do like how you did the bandannas and pads).
well, I always thought the belts they came with were a bit bulky. besides, when I got these they were missing the belts and bandanas which is why I used them for customs.

Quote:
I also wouldn't have used that bright of Green for them, if it weren't for that I think they'd be much more life-like.
actually, the green is alot darker than it appears in the pic. the flash from the camera made them, and the belts look lighter than they really are.

Quote:
I still want to see someone do a set of "Coming out of their Shells" Turtles using the Movie Star figures.
hmmmm... now theres a interesting idea. right now I only have 2 extra beat up movie turtles, but if I get a few more then that's something that I wouldnt mind doing.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:06 AM   #54
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Leatherhead - I used Bebop's body, Rocksteady's arms, and of course, Leatherhead's head and tail. I forgot what I used for the hands and legs.
Get out of town... that's the original Leatherhead's noggin!?
Old 01-15-2010, 10:55 AM   #55
Will not be censored

Quote:
The hands look like they might be Ghenghis Frog's. The legs look familiar but I can't seem to place them for some reason.

Quote:
hmmmm... now theres a interesting idea. right now I only have 2 extra beat up movie turtles, but if I get a few more then that's something that I wouldnt mind doing.
Which two do you have?
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:

Last edited by ***First of Two Latin Kings***; 01-15-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:23 AM   #56
Ulisses31
Mad Scientist

I love that April

Subscribe to TMNT Redesign Challenge News,
if you want to be update to all TMNT Redesign Challenges

My Art Gallery for TMNT - And some more Art

Spoiler:

Quote:
If you cannot convince them, confuse them. - Harry S Truman
Ulisses31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:39 PM   #57
Sarah
Hench Mutant

Quote:
The hands look like they might be Ghenghis Frog's. The legs look familiar but I can't seem to place them for some reason.
you're right. I was sitting there last night trying to think of what hands I used but I just couldnt recall. thanks.

Quote:
Which two do you have?
I think it's Mikey and Don, but Id have to look to be sure cause I have over 400 TMNT junker figs sitting in the basement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulisses31 View Post
I love that April
Thanks!
Old 01-15-2010, 04:50 PM   #58
Will not be censored

You're in Archon's kitchen playing with his toys while he's tied up on the ground? That could be kinky...
Quote:

Old 01-25-2010, 04:49 PM   #59
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist

Wow! They're all so awesome but I think Usagi is my favorite.
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:21 PM   #60
Sarah
Hench Mutant

some new customs. I have alot more planned, so hopefully I get the time to do them soon.

Mini Mutants Super Shredder - when The Ninjinister made his custom mini Shredder I thought it was so awesome that I knew I wanted to make my own so here it is. I also painted a mini Shredder to look more like the original Super Shredder cause I always thought he should have been released in the right colours.

NT April - I always hated the way she looked with her Krusty the Klown pants and action pose, so I gave her new legs and repositioned her arms. I wanted to paint her eyes so she would be looking forward, but I just cant paint details that small.

Terminator Donny - this was a fun and easy custom and it only took about 30 mins to do it. I used a Punker Don body and the limbs from a beat up Metalhead. I drilled a hole in Donny's chest and added the metal guts, then I added the eye to it, and painted him.