The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 09-09-2021, 09:53 AM   #21
AquaParade
Banned

Not for me. Yippee.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 10:54 AM   #22
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
and I get too hungry while I'm there so I have no choice but to buy lunch.
Buying lunch instead of bringing it with you is a choice.

I've made it a personal rule that I'm not allowed to buy lunch, so I figured out what works best for me to bring every day. I would rather have full access to my kitchen, but it's been working.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 12:58 PM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's too hard for me to make lunch at home and bring it in. For one thing all I can make are sandwiches and that's boring every day anyway. Not to mention having to carry it with you in a brown bag or whatever on the train, to this day I have no idea where the kitchen is where I work as I've never discovered it or know where it is anyway.

Either way it's still $25 a week on subway fair. And a loss of 2 hours just commuting. This is a very dated and archaic way of work especially since as seen through the last year that working at home gets the same work done as in the office for everyone anyway.

God I loved living my life as a hermit. I would look out the window and sometimes forget what the outside world was actually like.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 01:00 PM   #24
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
It's too hard for me to make lunch at home and bring it in. For one thing all I can make are sandwiches and that's boring every day anyway. Not to mention having to carry it with you in a brown bag or whatever on the train, to this day I have no idea where the kitchen is where I work as I've never discovered it or know where it is anyway.
You haven't discovered Uber Eats yet? Door Dash?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 01:23 PM   #25
AquaParade
Banned

You can probably get first-time discounts on some of these delivery places. I think Grubhub gave me a first-time discount several times.
Old 09-09-2021, 01:59 PM   #26
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
You haven't discovered Uber Eats yet? Door Dash?
Pretty sure his main point when he revealed that he basically didn't leave his apartment for a year was that he used delivery services extensively.

Which, considering the costs involved with those, he probably spent way more on than the $25 he's complaining about in subway fare.
Old 09-09-2021, 02:03 PM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

Remember when I made that thread asking if I should tip these people who come to my door? I wonder if I was being rude by never tipping them.
Old 09-09-2021, 02:19 PM   #28
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:

Either way it's still $25 a week on subway fair. And a loss of 2 hours just commuting. This is a very dated and archaic way of work especially since as seen through the last year that working at home gets the same work done as in the office for everyone anyway.

God I loved living my life as a hermit. I would look out the window and sometimes forget what the outside world was actually like.
Me thinks you're not very creative with making sandwiches. Do you still live with your parents because chances are, you could easily have leftovers and pack them for lunch. You can basically put whatever food you enjoyed between two slices of bread (roastbeef, meatballs, rice, etc). Also if you don't like those brown bags, why not buy a lunch bag with your favorite characters on it or one where you can put an ice pack in it? You don't have to carry your delicious food in a small brown bag. Who are you, Charlie Brown?
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 02:26 PM   #29
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Do we need to give Cubed sandwich ideas? Personally, I'm partial to turkey and Swiss.

Get a panini maker and you can easily jazz up those sandwiches. A turkey and Swiss panini is to die for, have made them in the past, but recently had one made by Subway it, too, was amazing.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 02:37 PM   #30
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Remember when I made that thread asking if I should tip these people who come to my door? I wonder if I was being rude by never tipping them.
The answer has always been yes. You are a very dysfunctional human being.
Old 09-10-2021, 08:12 AM   #31
AquaParade
Banned

Cubed is currently aiming his favorite remote control towards the office clock and desperately mashing the fast forward button.
Old 09-10-2021, 08:52 AM   #32
CyberCubed
Overlord

The only upside about working in the office is I still only have about 1-hour or less of "real work" any given day, and the rest of the time I'm basically browsing the internet on my cell phone. It's pretty much the only reason I'm staying at this job, I'm really not exaggerating when I say I do practically nothing all day. I also don't have to take any calls from clients (thank god), or make any calls, so I'm basically left to my own devices.

Only thing is now I can't play videogames on office hours. Obviously at home I was playing games during my work hours, but now at the office I can't do that for obvious reasons. But I can still browse the internet.

But still sitting in an office for 7 hours a day besides lunch is still kinda rough and boring. It's really the travel time and waking up in the morning that bugs me more than anything.
Old 09-10-2021, 09:57 AM   #33
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

What if they caught on to that and will be giving you extra duties to keep you busy and is why they're bringing you back in...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Cubed is currently aiming his favorite remote control towards the office clock and desperately mashing the fast forward button.
Too be fair, I've attempted to pause cable tv commercials a few times. lol But I blame YouTube and the frequency of trying to get the skip option to appear.

Though I don't know if Cubed would be trying to fast forward time, that would just make him age faster. Rewinding to a year ago...that I could believe.
Old 09-10-2021, 03:45 PM   #34
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well it's the end of Friday, today officially marks my "last day" of telework. Come Monday I have to go in. I closed my laptop today and felt a sense of melancholy.

The good times are over. I spent 85% of my work hours either playing videogames on my Switch and PS4 or just browsing the internet or watching movies/tv shows at 1.5x speed. Now I can't do that anymore sitting in the office, besides maybe watch some stuff on my phone. But even then the illegal streaming websites don't work well on mobile phones so that's hard to do as well, I will never pay money to watch anything ever again.
Old 09-10-2021, 04:22 PM   #35
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Too be fair, I've attempted to pause cable tv commercials a few times. lol But I blame YouTube and the frequency of trying to get the skip option to appear.

Though I don't know if Cubed would be trying to fast forward time, that would just make him age faster. Rewinding to a year ago...that I could believe.
That I can understand. I tried to "scroll up" on my paperback novel a few times in the last year.

Solid point, btw.
Old 09-10-2021, 05:21 PM   #36
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Well it's the end of Friday, today officially marks my "last day" of telework. Come Monday I have to go in. I closed my laptop today and felt a sense of melancholy.

The good times are over. I spent 85% of my work hours either playing videogames on my Switch and PS4 or just browsing the internet or watching movies/tv shows at 1.5x speed. Now I can't do that anymore sitting in the office, besides maybe watch some stuff on my phone. But even then the illegal streaming websites don't work well on mobile phones so that's hard to do as well, I will never pay money to watch anything ever again.
You know, the more you rub it in, the more we applaud that you're going back to work.

I don't even understand what you do? Is it like a call center but it's kinda dead and you get a call or so every 2 hours or something? I wouldn't be too loose with a gig like that. If you literally get paid to do almost nothing for 8 hours, that makes you incredibly expendable.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 06:39 PM   #37
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
You know, the more you rub it in, the more we applaud that you're going back to work.

I don't even understand what you do? Is it like a call center but it's kinda dead and you get a call or so every 2 hours or something? I wouldn't be too loose with a gig like that. If you literally get paid to do almost nothing for 8 hours, that makes you incredibly expendable.
I work for the department of buildings in Manhattan (each borough of NY has their own):

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/buildings/index.page

Obviously there's all different types of jobs there for the higher ups, I just do the basic data entry, scheduling, permits for houses/jobs, etc. I don't meet any customers, or take any calls, everything I do is just data on a screen.

I don't get paid that much (especially for my age since I'm mid 30's now), but it's the easiest and laziest job I've ever had, so that's why I'm staying here. I mean before this I was working at JFK airport for 4 years outside in the hot sun, cold winter, etc. taking care of luggage and bag tags and loading the planes...what I'm doing now is like being on vacation every day in comparison. Also I was only 25 when I worked at the airport and now I'm way too old for physical labor.
Old 09-10-2021, 08:28 PM   #38
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:

What do you spend your money on?

Quote:
I don't get paid that much (especially for my age since I'm mid 30's now), but it's the easiest and laziest job I've ever had, so that's why I'm staying here. I mean before this I was working at JFK airport for 4 years outside in the hot sun, cold winter, etc. taking care of luggage and bag tags and loading the planes...what I'm doing now is like being on vacation every day in comparison. Also I was only 25 when I worked at the airport and now I'm way too old for physical labor.
Getting paid less vs finding a job that pays more. Like dude, you gotta leave your confort zone. There are definitely jobs that are easier than what you're doing.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 12:06 AM   #39
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
now I'm way too old for physical labor.
This kid's gonna have a power scooter by the time he's 45.

I may be a lady of the young 40s and not have the energy of a 20-year-old anymore, but my job is rather physical, esp in the weeks that everything has to switch seasons and it's a marathon of all my locations and handle it all myself with zero help, and I'm happy with the fact that I'm still perfectly capable of dealing with it. Cripe, I don't want to be old too soon, and being lazy as possible is a good way to get there.

Not that I don't sit on my butt at the computer a lot when I'm home, but the job at least gives me reasonable active periods.
Old 09-11-2021, 01:09 AM   #40
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Getting paid less vs finding a job that pays more. Like dude, you gotta leave your confort zone. There are definitely jobs that are easier than what you're doing.
Who knows, this could be the job of his life. Is he good at anything else? Does he still have some undisclosed or unexpressed potential? He's not inclined to physical jobs, he seems to refuse stuff that requires responsabilities.
They literaly pay him to stare at a computer screen, he just need to find something to do while he's at his desk.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote