The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 10-08-2021, 03:12 AM   #1
Leo656
The Franchise

I Just Now Realized...

...That I don't think one person here who's present and active knows my real name.

No, it's not Leo, and it's not Rikki Roxx (point of fact, it's not even "Rikki/Ricky Anything," period, a promoter gave me that handle and it stuck).

I was thinking about how some people are just Who They Are (Andrew is just Andrew, for example), and I saw the one post Indigo made where she mentioned how nobody knew her full name even on Facebook (I *think* I know what it is so I must be Special ), etc. And I was looking at some PMs and realized that over the last decade so many people online - some who I'd even say I know very well - either refer to me as "Leo" or "Rikki" exclusively, even in private conversation, to the point where I was like, "Y'know... I've exchanged gifts with some of these people, and yet, I don't even think they know my shoot name."

I've got over a thousand FB "friends", mostly through wrestling, and even some of these people, who I've met and worked with and travelled with and "fake beat up" in front of crowds and then afterwards had dinner with and all that sh*t... I actually don't think any of them have any idea what the f*ck my real name is. Even the few wrestling database websites which have me listed (all of which are incredibly out of date and inaccurate, by the way; I should give 'em a call but I'm lazy) all say "Real Name: Unknown".

And that just all seemed a bit odd, to me.

It's not like I'm incredibly secretive about it, it just sort of never comes up. Most people who know me Here also know me on FB, and plenty of people on FB went to high school with me (some of them even go back to Kindergarten), not to mention my relatives, so if a person made even a halfhearted attempt they could find it out very easily. Or, a person could just flat-out ask, and they'd at least get the first name.

And I know I've mentioned it before, at some point. Like I know GK knew; he had my name, phone number and home address, at one point, so it's probably a good thing that he's a Good Dude and not a sociopath or I'd be in some sh*t. And I think some of the older/original 'Drome members knew, like Machias. But right now, there's people I talk to almost every day and it's like... "Damn, I just now realized that I don't think these people even know my real name." I just think it's odd. Isn't it odd?

Yes, I just smoked, but THAT IS NOT THE POINT. This is legit messing with my head a little bit.

So does anybody here actually know? Granted, I'd wager 99% don't even care, I'm just more tripped out by the fact that so many people I engage with frequently, and in some cases rather personally, may only know me under a pseudonym.

I'm betting if anyone who's active Right Now knows, it's probably Coola and/or Andrew, and in which case it might've come up One Time but never again, probably. That's what I figure. Zarius might.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 10:02 AM   #2
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
...That I don't think one person here who's present and active knows my real name.
The Turtle Doc guy mentioned your real name to me once and I was like, "WHO?" And then he explained and it was like, "Oh, right, Leo656/Rikki." Though honestly I've already forgotten it.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 10:09 AM   #3
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

???? "4/5 stars. Expected a big reveal at the end."

I literally just went and checked old emails... Nope, just that Rikki alter ego guy.

Only way anyone on FB is figuring out my full is if they figure out immediate relatives whose surname has not changed. Me, I'm not that nosy though and figure if people want me to know, they'll mention it. I've got a longtime online friend across the country, going on 18 years, and she's always been secretive about it and have no clue what her last name is. Hell, I've questioned if the name I know her by is real. She knows mine, but doesn't call me it, so it's not really a big deal to me. They're all still just nicknames, after all.

edit: Darn... wanted to put stars on that "review," but the forum doesn't seem to recognize them. So if anyone is confused by question marks...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 02:39 PM   #4
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
The Turtle Doc guy mentioned your real name to me once and I was like, "WHO?" And then he explained and it was like, "Oh, right, Leo656/Rikki." Though honestly I've already forgotten it.
Ahhhh, right. I couldn't remember if I did in fact mention it to him, but I think we settled on "Rikki" as it's just easier since that's the name I email people under.

Which reminds me, I ought'a drop him a line, it's been a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
???? "4/5 stars. Expected a big reveal at the end."
Naaaaaaaaah, I can't make it that easy. For one thing, I wanted to see if anyone actually knew, and if I just spelled it out that would defeat the purpose.

Quote:
Only way anyone on FB is figuring out my full is if they figure out immediate relatives whose surname has not changed. Me, I'm not that nosy though and figure if people want me to know, they'll mention it. I've got a longtime online friend across the country, going on 18 years, and she's always been secretive about it and have no clue what her last name is. Hell, I've questioned if the name I know her by is real. She knows mine, but doesn't call me it, so it's not really a big deal to me. They're all still just nicknames, after all.
I'm a little protective of the last name, simply because it's incredibly uncommon. It came over from the "old country" and had a few letters dropped and switched around along the way. Therefore, as far as I'm aware, the only people with the name are members of my family. Although I suppose there's always the possibility that in the decades since the same thing happened again, but that'd be a helluva coincidence.

On the other hand, my first name is an incredibly common Irish name that most people spell wrong thanks to those ignorant Brits butchering the hell out of it.

Old 10-08-2021, 03:12 PM   #5
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Likewise on the uncommon surname thing. Mine is ONE letter different than another related variation that is very commonly heard and virtually everyone has heard of it, but you generally don't hear of mine and people annoyingly mistake it for the other all the time.

I'm not the only one out there with this first and last name, but probably the only one in this state and it wouldn't be too hard to sort out which one someone might be should some weirdo be trying to locate them, so, yeah.
Old 10-08-2021, 03:24 PM   #6
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I bet your real name is Ashley.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 03:26 PM   #7
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I expected this to be another Old Man Cubed
Old 10-08-2021, 04:12 PM   #8
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I bet your real name is Ashley.
It's not, but "Ashley J. Williams" isn't a bad handle. I'd steal that one. That's groovy. But I don't think that name is of Irish origin.

Although, my first name HAS on occasion been used as a girls' name, and has its own female variant. So it's technically unisex, but it's predominantly a boys' name. It originated as a Gaelic interpretation of an older, even more common name.

And, 99% of the time you see it written, it's spelled incorrectly. I don't care WHAT it says on your birth certificate, the most common spelling is not the "correct" one. Lousy Brits, goin' around ruining everything. Thankfully, my parents took care to make sure it was spelled correctly in my case. I'd be pretty angry otherwise.

I'm almost 100% positive, however, that I've mentioned on multiple occasions that my middle name is Patrick. After St. Patrick. Yes, my Mom's side of the family took our roots super-cereal, as Al Gore would say.

I just remembered that way, way back, like years and years ago, there was a thread here about various people talking about what their names mean, if anything. And I remember participating in that thread, but it was so long ago now that it was probably lost to the sands of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
I expected this to be another Old Man Cubed
He doesn't have a monopoly on shenanigans and nonsense. If anything, I invented the gimmick and I just let him use it as a courtesy.

Old 10-08-2021, 04:41 PM   #9
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Is this just going to be a game now... guess the name? lol

Off the top of my head I'd though Erin, that supposedly has an older Irish spelling of Éirinn, though we already use the "E" spelling for girls and usually and the "Aa" (apparently not Irish) for guys, so I'm probably wrong on that one. (Though I did grow up knowing a male Erin.)

So if not that... I'm certain it must be Mathghamhain or Maolsheachlainn. (Hey, that's what Google said.)

edit: Hm... Shawn/Sean is Irish I think? Changed spelling, may have female versions or the "w" one sometimes gender neutral.
Old 10-08-2021, 05:06 PM   #10
Leo656
The Franchise

You're pretty sharp, detective. You're a pretty "Hip" lady.

I was kinda waiting to see if Zarius was gonna chime in, but he hasn't. But he pays very close attention and we're pretty close on FB, where I have a cousin who only ever calls me by my real name. So he might be the one who would "know" without having to guess.

Old 10-08-2021, 05:22 PM   #11
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Technically he could still chime in, since I offered a few and you didn't verify which.

I didn't look at FB btw. I know someone of a similar spin-off name, who I just call the regular version for short, and is the only other human in my email in-box these days and got to thinking...
Old 10-08-2021, 05:31 PM   #12
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Technically he could still chime in, since I offered a few and you didn't verify which.
That's the adventure.

Old 10-08-2021, 06:05 PM   #13
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

I don't have a Facebook account nor do I lurk there. I guess I'm missing out.

My DA username hints at a nickname that I usually go by since I used to despise my full real name. (That isn't too much of an issue anymore.)

I figure that if people here wish to reveal their names and allow others to say their names, then it is a choice that they are comfortable with. However, I will not force it if anyone says no.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 06:32 PM   #14
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah, obviously everyone has their own personal "line" with that and that's honestly A-OK. Privacy is a very personal thing.

As I mentioned, I never intended it to become a "secret" or anything, it just sort of happened that way over time.

With regard to Facebook, it's just too much for me to manage multiples. I only got it in the first place for wrestling, therefore it's under my gimmick name, although friends and family are on it, too.

Again, it just sort of struck me funny that I literally have gifts and Birthday/Christmas cards from some folks, and they're all addressed to "Rikki Roxx". Just suddenly seemed odd to me that people who I'm apparently that close with don't actually know my name.

Or like, wrestling people. How do you have dinner and share long car rides with people for a decade and never exchange real names? Like yeah, it's more common in that business to just call each other by the gimmick name regardless - like nobody calls the Sandman "James", or even "Sandman", everybody just calls him "Hak" and that's what he answers to - but like, a lot of times, you literally don't even know.

Didn't seem super strange until I thought about it.

Which, full disclosure, might have had something to do with this new weed I got from my tag team partner. It's good sh*t, pal.

Old 10-11-2021, 08:37 AM   #15
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Hey, you're right. I don't know your real name. I knew it wasn't Leo and I knew it wasn't Rikki and I knew it wasn't Kevin Nash. lol Or ARE you Kevin Nash, in disguise with the power to change your identity at will like a FFXIV player switching between jobs while drinking the Fantasia potion?

That aside, I get the privacy thing. I'm semi-private myself. You have me as a FB friend. The only people who see what I post are people I have as friends on FB and I don't post much. I only got FB because I was talked into it years ago and didn't actually start using it til I moved to Japan to easily keep in touch with family and those here stateside. I don't share a lot of information about myself on there, so nothing too personal. For stuff like that, I talk to those people through messenger, when I'm not too lazy to check it. ^^; I'd rather tell people stuff offline anyway.

Last edited by ssjup81; 10-11-2021 at 08:50 AM.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 08:45 AM   #16
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post

I'm betting if anyone who's active Right Now knows, it's probably Coola and/or Andrew, and in which case it might've come up One Time but never again, probably. That's what I figure. Zarius might.

it's not hard to figure out me. some people I don't even know will refer to my technodrome name if I post on the official turtle page on FB. I like to keep those two worlds separate, so I usually don't post there often.

but in the fan community, most people like to refer to folks as their online name. I know someone as Raph, even though I've known her full name for a long time through TMNT-l. sometimes it's just easier, however odd .

I still refer to people like HorseTurtle or GoldenUndies as their online nicknames just because sometimes it's more fun .

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 08:00 AM   #17
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I'm pretty sure I know it! The first name, anyway. But to quote a certain horror movie, "I'll never te-eell!"

Likewise, I highly doubt anyone knows mine- Rikki might, but only if he's seen my Fb. It's somewhat common, but my nickname is a spelling variant tha apparently almost no one ever uses.

A hint, my name is the Roman version of a Greek goddess who leant her name to, of all things, a shoe company. And my surname is Irish, and has been used in a movie or two, most creepily in An Eye For an Eye.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 03:04 PM   #18
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Ah, I think I know what it is.

Spoiler:
Nicole?

Okay, this could be a fun game...

My first... weirdly I've rarely ever heard of characters in movies or tv with it, despite it having been relatively common at one time. Two of the only ones I've ever personally seen feature a middle sister with it of both our childhood days (for those of us 30s+) and a later reunion series for several years (tv) and a sentient robot with a conscious (movie).

But can anyone figure out what show, movie, and what name.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-12-2021 at 03:10 PM.
Old 10-12-2021, 03:27 PM   #19
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I think Indigo got it right with Shawn/Sean but I honestly don't remember.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 07:26 PM   #20
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I think Indigo got it right with Shawn/Sean but I honestly don't remember.
Yep.

And "Sean" is the correct spelling. Be sure and throw rocks at all Shawns/Shauns, even though it's partly not their fault. They're still perpetuating ignorance.