The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-30-2021, 02:37 PM   #881
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It's fairly intuitive of them to base the marketing almost solely around Doctor Octopus, so as to evoke memories of Spider-Man 2. Without giving much else away. They covered the most important part, I think.

And in terms of scale... hey, if we're saying that Avengers: Endgame was the culmination of 11 years of MCU movies, there could be a case for saying that Spider-Man: No Way Home is the culmination of nearly 20 years of Spider-Man movies.

"Most of us will not survive the 2020s or be shadows of our former selves." - Coola Yagami
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 04:07 PM   #882
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Spiderman is bigger than iron man and the avengers, this had the live action spidey people care about + it is set in the MCU + it's the first MCU after end game that people are actually excited for + pandemic ending.
Yeah, I think people have seriously forgotten how huge Spiderman 1 and 2 were. They also came out at a time where superhero movies were dead and we just had X-men the year before. There were barely any superhero movies at that time after Batman and Robin flopped in 1997...so by 2002 people were amazed and shocked by Spiderman.

I was a teenager at the time and I remember the hype in my High School and online at the time.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 06:47 PM   #883
sdp
doomer

That's definitely true it was spider-man 1 that started the superhero movie trend in the 2000s. Blade was marketed as a generic action movie so it doesn't count and X-Men also wasn't trying very hard to be a superhero movie either. After spiderman everyone wanted to be the next "big hit" pretty much every studio released a couple of Marvel films though none were very successful besides X-men and spider-man. All got tons of marketing too.

I actually wanted all the movies to be in continuity with each other back then even before the MCU was a thing, here is a post I made on another forum back in 2005:

Quote:
with all the recent live action Marvel movies, have there been any hints at connecting them all on one universe, or even contradicting another movie making it impossible to connecy?

If not couldn't they ever make a big crossovermovie? I think that'd be really neat, seeing a similar crossover comic event on the big screen would be great.
Of course I was laughed at for even suggesting such a thing and 7 years later it was a thing.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 08:18 PM   #884
IMJ
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Of course I was laughed at for even suggesting such a thing and 7 years later it was a thing.
It was unheard of then, man. Cross studio projects.

I suppose the newest observation of a similar nature would be "Hoping for a Marvel DC film", and the common sense response there would be "not a chance". Mark this thread to come back in the next decade and see if they did it.

But I will say that there's a big difference between cross-studio productions that share an I.P. through licensing agreements (e.g. Spider-Man) and a cross-studio production across two fully independent and competing I.P.'s (e.g. Marvel and DC).....
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 10:16 AM   #885
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Except that the comics themselves did it. More than once, even. And both have also crossed out with other ip's, like TMNT, Transformers, GI Joe, even The Maxx. Never say never....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 12:33 PM   #886
IMJ
Foot Elite

Quality in those projects is hard to attain. I'd say the intercompany crossover that came the closest to true depth and quality between the various cross-publication events from "The Big Two" was the JLA / Avengers book. But for that one, Busiek is a master continuity and personality-archetype weaver. JLA/Avengers was a legit "story" using the crossover opportunity.
Old 12-01-2021, 12:44 PM   #887
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Quality in those projects is hard to attain. I'd say the intercompany crossover that came the closest to true depth and quality between the various cross-publication events from "The Big Two" was the JLA / Avengers book. But for that one, Busiek is a master continuity and personality-archetype weaver. JLA/Avengers was a legit "story" using the crossover opportunity.
Yeah, that felt like a much more grown up version of the "Marvel vs. DC" books from a few years before that.

"Most of us will not survive the 2020s or be shadows of our former selves." - Coola Yagami
Old 12-03-2021, 05:21 PM   #888
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
In other news, the is a puddle in the middle of town caused by a leaking water hydrant. It has been leaking for about six months now, everyone has already noticed the puddle and the mayor has called in a plumber.

never change, neatoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I remember the hype
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 06:37 PM   #889
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

In reading this, basically it sounds like Tobey and Garfield show up about 40 minutes into the movie:

https://www.darkhorizons.com/spider-...tage-withheld/

Old 12-03-2021, 06:43 PM   #890
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Sounds about right, just before the end of the first act or so
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 07:11 PM   #891
CyberCubed
Overlord

That's fairly early then, right? Isn't the movie about 2 hours? Only 40 minutes in will mean they'd be roughly in half the movie.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 07:38 PM   #892
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
That's fairly early then, right? Isn't the movie about 2 hours? Only 40 minutes in will mean they'd be roughly in half the movie.
40 minutes in the movie doesn't mean they meet up with Tom right away. They might have individual scenes of being confused as to why New York is suddenly different to them. Or they might bump into each other before they bump into Tom.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 07:47 PM   #893
IMJ
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
In reading this, basically it sounds like Tobey and Garfield show up about 40 minutes into the movie:

https://www.darkhorizons.com/spider-...tage-withheld/
Well if that's true then we might be in the "Act by act" framework that I outlined on the last page!
Old 12-05-2021, 11:12 AM   #894
ZariusTwo
Overlord

No Way Home's entire soundtrack has leaked online

TMNT Fan Script Discussion Thread

Add Your Story to the TMNT Fanfiction Wiki

Buy me a Coffee and support my quest to put together a Spider-Man comics project

https://ko-fi.com/zarius37186
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 12:40 PM   #895
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

When you say "Entire Soundtrack" do you mean the full audio of the film or just the songs that are part of the soundtrack?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 01:49 PM   #896
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
When you say "Entire Soundtrack" do you mean the full audio of the film or just the songs that are part of the soundtrack?
The entire music score.

Buy me a Coffee and support my quest to put together a Spider-Man comics project

Old 12-06-2021, 01:11 AM   #897
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Well if that's true then we might be in the "Act by act" framework that I outlined on the last page!
Yeah, you might've nailed it. Only thing I'm pretty sure on is that there will be a bigger threat at play here in the 3rd act than just the Sinister Six types. Of course scuffling with them and the other Spider-Men will be a big part of it, but surely they'll all end up uniting against a common, much greater threat.

Old 12-06-2021, 01:20 AM   #898
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Yeah, you might've nailed it. Only thing I'm pretty sure on is that there will be a bigger threat at play here in the 3rd act than just the Sinister Six types. Of course scuffling with them and the other Spider-Men will be a big part of it, but surely they'll all end up uniting against a common, much greater threat.
The 'bigger threat' is probably just the tears in the multiverse.

Old 12-06-2021, 02:42 AM   #899
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
The 'bigger threat' is probably just the tears in the multiverse.
That they'll just fire beams into the sky to fix? Nah. There's gotta be something or someone else.

Old 12-06-2021, 03:15 AM   #900
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Feige confirms Charlie Cox is the MCU Daredevil

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/da...ie-cox-return/