The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-28-2017, 11:54 AM   #7261
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Saw Justice League a few days ago, and I enjoyed it for what it was. Steppenwolf looked a bit weird but meh. Everyone's characteristics were well defined and they each had a bit of development, I also enjoy the fact that Batman being a dick in BvS was referenced.
While not perfect, the villain had a clear goal and the para demons were a tangible threat that gave the movie a weight I didn't feel with the ChiTari in Avengers. I recommend it.
Old 11-28-2017, 05:55 PM   #7262
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
re-watched Civil War, I really enjoy the movie and Zemo while not at all like comic Zemo is an effective villain (I do miss the purple mask).
Yeah, Civil War is pretty good. I think the Captain America trilogy is overall the strongest of the MCU trilogies released thus far, winning out over the Thor and Iron Man trilogies (both of which had really weak second acts followed by better third installments, in my opinion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'm powering my way through the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Jesus Christ, why are these movies so long? The second movie was 2 hours and 21 minutes, and the third which I haven't gotten to yet is apparently 2 hours and 40 minutes? What the hell?

Whose idea was it to make some of these movies pushing 3 hours? I can't imagine how people sat through the theaters when they originally came out.
Yeah I don't know who let that happen. The first film is a classic and I love the second one a fair amount too, and the whole idea of a series of supernatural pirate movies is something I want to love so much, but each subsequent movie just kept getting weaker. The later movies definitely would've benefitted from tighter storytelling and less reliance on sheer visual spectacle.

Catwoman with Halle Berry: who the f#ck allowed this travesty to happen?

R.I.P.D. with Ryan Reynolds and Jeff Bridges: could have been interesting, but it did some dumb things with its premise and relied too much on sight gags

Horrible Bosses 2: a decent film as far as comedy sequels go. Jamie Foxx as Motherf#cker Jones is one of my favorite roles of his
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 08:06 PM   #7263
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post

Catwoman with Halle Berry: who the f#ck allowed this travesty to happen?
At least Alex Borstein's role was intentionally funny.

Apparently that movie had been optioned since the release of Batman Returns fourteen years earlier. It must take a special kind of development hell to make a film that bad with an Oscar winner and a Golden Globe winner as the female leads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 07:43 PM   #7264
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Stumbled across the 1987(?) He-Man movie last night. Didn't even know it was a thing... Oh my... Kind of like the Next Mutation of He-Man.

Although I was very surprised at the couple instances of the S-word in something that was spawned from a kid's series of cartoons and toys in the '80s. (But our Turtles can't get a more grown up film? )
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 12:30 PM   #7265
Allio
Foot Elite

Trying out MoviePass. Saw Thor 3, Bladerunner, and Justice League in theatres
Old 12-09-2017, 08:22 PM   #7266
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

La vita è bella, or "Life is Beautiful," when translated to English. My Italian class watched it last year for fun; we recently rewatched it in preparation for the AP exam on how to tackle persuasive essays. Still a solid film; if you like studying WWII, definitely worth a viewing for a different route of the typical tragedy accustomed to the event.
Old 12-09-2017, 08:24 PM   #7267
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I haven't seen it yet, but I really, really wanna see Paddington 2 which just came out in cinemas.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:45 PM   #7268
Ninjinister
無問題

The Perfect Host had a lot of flaws but it was pretty hilarious.
Old 12-13-2017, 12:01 AM   #7269
CyberCubed
Overlord

Bad Boys II from 2003. Movie went on a bit too long, but I just wanted to see an old movie where you can just turn your brain off and watch Will Smith blow some **** up with guns, car chases and explosions everywhere.

Sometimes we just want to watch movies to see things blow up. What a great way to relax.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 05:00 PM   #7270
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Star Wars: The Last Jedi. It's very good and even got me emotional a couple of times. I have a few minor problems with it, but it might be my favorite Star Wars movie.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 09:49 AM   #7271
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

I'm not a fan of James Franco but I loved The Disaster Artist. I really thought the movie would be nothing but making fun of Tommy W, which would've been very easy to do, but it's not. Made me want to watch The Room again.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 03:15 PM   #7272
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Star Trek (2009)
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 03:23 PM   #7273
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Bad Ass, Danny Trejo plays a Vietnam vet named Frank that start cleaning the streets of crime. I really enjoyed.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 04:46 AM   #7274
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Yesterday it was Dinner for One (black and white version) which is a Yule tradition in Norway to be shown on Little Yule Eve.

Today it's Tři oříšky pro Popelku (Three nuts for Cinderella) a Czech/German movie based off Božena Němcová version of the fairytale. In Norway it got a dubbing that's over the original sound with one guy telling it as a storybook story.

This movie is so beautiful and classic, and Cinderella is portrayed as a clever and proactive protagonist. It's not Yule until I hear the music from that movie

Hopefully I'll get to see Reisen til Julestjerna (Journey to the Christmas Star) which is a old Norwegian Holliday movie, it was also remade back in 2012 and both movies are fun (but very different) to watch. I do prefer the original due to one of my favorite actors being in it as the court jester, a role that was left out of the remake.

But it's about a princess that goes out to find the Yulestar and disappears. The queen follows and the king curses the star so it vanishes for years until a young woman named Sonja appears.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 11:49 AM   #7275
CyberCubed
Overlord

Soylent Green is people!
Old 12-25-2017, 05:46 AM   #7276
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

Star wars: the last jedi. It's nice, I'm shocked at one thing that happened, but it was nice.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 01:32 AM   #7277
CyberCubed
Overlord

Finally saw Blade Runner 2049, it's out now on amazon streaming (and probably some other places). It was very good and a great sequel to the original. A little too long, but the atmosphere was perfect. Surprised Harrison Ford doesn't even appear until over an hour and 40 minutes into the film though, I almost though he was going to barely be in it but the last few scenes at first.
Old 12-29-2017, 10:59 AM   #7278
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'm powering my way through the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Jesus Christ, why are these movies so long? The second movie was 2 hours and 21 minutes, and the third which I haven't gotten to yet is apparently 2 hours and 40 minutes? What the hell?

Whose idea was it to make some of these movies pushing 3 hours? I can't imagine how people sat through the theaters when they originally came out.
I'm guessing you didn't like them that much if they dragged?.... did you watch them in normal speed?
I haven't seen the latest one, not as interested as I used to be, I'll catch it when it comes on sky.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 06:55 PM   #7279
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I just watched the Star Wars Holiday Special

Bea Arthur was the only good part of the whole thing...
Old 01-01-2018, 07:30 PM   #7280
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I went to see The Star in theaters for a second time today. It's a special movie to see during the Christmas season because its story is important. Plus, the team behind it assembled a solid all-star cast to voice its characters.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movies