The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 03-08-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
Utromshredderhater
Hench Mutant

OT and Archie characters in the new show

If they do decide to do that which OT and Archie comics characters would you want in the new cartoon? Irma, Cherebue, Verminator rex? Jagwar Dreadmon Mona Lisa,? Any thoughts anybody?
Utromshredderhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
Powder
So tired of this place

I'd like to see Groundchuck & Dirtbag replace the dynamic duo Bebop & Rocksteady.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:58 PM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

We will likely see the obvious ones, Krang, Bebop/Rocksteady and possibly fly Baxter.

Beyond that who knows if they'll use anyone else. I'd probably say Rahzar/Tokka, Slash, and General Traag would be the next most likely choices.

Only reason I didn't say Leatherhead or Rat King is because they were Mirage characters first.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:03 PM   #4
deadpoolRKO
Stone Warrior

Krang for sure , and I'd say Bebop and Rocksteady will be back at least at first

i really hope they use casey jones.

I hope they bring back April's nerdy friend Irma.

I always thought she was kinda funny.

( TMNT Clothes , DVD's , Accesories , ect. )

Red Bubble ( My Tee Shirt Designs )
deadpoolRKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:15 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpoolRKO View Post
i really hope they use casey jones.
Casey Jones is not an OT/Archie character, and besides he's obviously a shoe-in.

Quote:
I hope they bring back April's nerdy friend Irma.
Depends if April is a reporter in this version, even if she is for some reason I can't see the old Channel 6 news crew returning.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:38 PM   #6
Utromshredderhater
Hench Mutant

I wouldn't mind seeing shameless suck up Vernon,
Old 03-08-2011, 08:29 PM   #7
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I also support a return of the wacky Channel 6 crew. They provided some great humor bits in the OT bouncing off each others witticisms and quirks!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:32 PM   #8
Jephael
That whack job behind you

I'd also like to see Vernon and Irma, but instead of Burne Thompson I'd like to see Charles Pennington and his son Danny. I never liked Burne. He was just such a jerk.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:46 PM   #9
Utromshredderhater
Hench Mutant

I would like to see Tokka and Rahzar teamed with Bebop and Rocksteady so that it's 4 against 4, also how about the Mutanimals, Mona Lisa and Ninjara,
as villains I wouldn't mind seeing Malinga, Null, War Verminator Rex.Any other villains I'm missing?
Old 03-09-2011, 12:29 AM   #10
Stone Warrior

Mona, Ninjara, the Mutanimals, Tokka, Rahzar, Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady, Slash and Dragon Warrior.

I kinda wish Casey would be ret-conned as an older teenager so it would eliminate the need for the Turtles having other human teenage peers, and he'd be a good audience surrogate. Course that would put a bump for the April/Casey romance... especially if the new April stays an adult.

We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy)
Avatar Yuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:13 AM   #11
Eiko
Aussie and Proud

I would like to see Ninjara Verminator and prob Bebop and Rocksteady.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:19 AM   #12
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Even though I couldn't imagine Rocksteady and Bebop ever being used in any medium outside of the OT and Archie, I would like to see them again.

That aside, number one choice for me is Ninjara. After her, probably Mona Lisa since, imo, there was potential for the character.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:12 AM   #13
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Even though I couldn't imagine Rocksteady and Bebop ever being used in any medium outside of the OT and Archie, I would like to see them again.

That aside, number one choice for me is Ninjara. After her, probably Mona Lisa since, imo, there was potential for the character.
When Japanese fans actually remember Mona Lisa and referenced her in their fanart, add to the fact she only appeared in one episode and years after the OT ended, then yeah on her potential.

We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy)
Old 03-09-2011, 04:55 AM   #14
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar Yuffie View Post
When Japanese fans actually remember Mona Lisa and referenced her in their fanart, add to the fact she only appeared in one episode and years after the OT ended, then yeah on her potential.
I honestly felt that there was potential for her, although, granted, I'm thinking specifically from the OT POV. I mean, it was another mutant character that was female and I was hoping they would've done something with her, hence why I said I felt that she had potential to be used. They were rarity.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:05 AM   #15
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I honestly felt that there was potential for her, although, granted, I'm thinking specifically from the OT POV. I mean, it was another mutant character that was female and I was hoping they would've done something with her, hence why I said I felt that she had potential to be used. They were rarity.

TBF, other friendly mutants really made brief episodes, IIRC Mondo Gecko appeared about twice (and he only became a major character as a Mutanimal) in the cartoon proper. I don't think as a kid back then I'd expect Mona as a regular character like Irma did, I'm just with the rest hoping she'd guest star more.

Old 03-09-2011, 06:01 AM   #16
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

I want to see Armaggon, Slash (Archie comics), Rat King (close to how he was in the old toon), The Future TMNT, Man Ray (Archie), Cha Ocho, & Baxter Stockman (2k3 or mirage style).
Anyone else would be icing on the cake.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:18 AM   #17
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar Yuffie View Post
TBF, other friendly mutants really made brief episodes, IIRC Mondo Gecko appeared about twice (and he only became a major character as a Mutanimal) in the cartoon proper. I don't think as a kid back then I'd expect Mona as a regular character like Irma did, I'm just with the rest hoping she'd guest star more.
I guess I'm just a Mona Lisa fan and wish she would've gotten more screen time or cameos or eps or something. This isn't an opinion that was formed since I've revisited the series; I've felt this way since I first saw the episode as a kid. It's one of the few eps I remembered before watching it, because I liked it so much, and it would've been cool to keep her around or have her show up every once in a while for Raph's sake. Would've been nice if she'd shown up in the Archie comic and became a Mutanimal too, even if not for the whole romantic interest aspect since Ninjara filled that role.

Edit: Forgot to mention Mondo Gecko. I wish he would've been in more episodes. He was only in two. Here they introduce a character that Mikey could relate to and hang with, but they didn't use him to his full potential. Well, at least he was a main character in the Mutanimal comics...sad what happens to all of the Mutanimals, though...but oh well.

Last edited by ssjup81; 03-09-2011 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Edit: Bad keyboard and typos
Old 03-09-2011, 06:20 AM   #18
deadpoolRKO
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Casey Jones is not an OT/Archie character, and besides he's obviously a shoe-in.
sorry, my fault.

( TMNT Clothes , DVD's , Accesories , ect. )

Red Bubble ( My Tee Shirt Designs )
deadpoolRKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:21 AM   #19
Utromshredderhater
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utromshredderhater View Post
I would like to see Tokka and Rahzar teamed with Bebop and Rocksteady so that it's 4 against 4, also how about the Mutanimals, Mona Lisa and Ninjara,
as villains I wouldn't mind seeing Malinga, Null, War Verminator Rex.Any other villains I'm missing?
Hey no big loss there I prefer them as friends
Old 03-09-2011, 05:43 PM   #20
BitchinPicturesChris
Random Punk

I'd love Bebop and Rocksteady to come back in the new series. I think a new take on them would be a fresh addition to the show. If they were a little more competent than before, they'd be great for modern television.

Tags
archie comics