Old 04-24-2018, 02:55 PM   #442
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

Must be working on our pieces
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 11:11 AM   #443
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior

Damn, I was really hoping to see if someone got theirs. Still waiting on mine.
TMNTChris1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:09 PM   #444
AquaParade
Banned

I may regret posting this, but anyone still waiting is being taken for a ride.

I sympathize with his hardships, but there's no way he hasn't spent a damn good chunk of time goofing off, surfing the web, drawing, or watching television in the last eight years. Everyone does. A little bit of that time could and should have been used to get these pieces out, without him losing his sanity due to a lack of recreational time. You're being taken advantage of. Bottom line.

I know it's none of my business. I didn't order a piece. If you're happy waiting, then good for you. It's just, passing this thread for years and years, then seeing him goof off on social media...it becomes hard not to build up a little frustration from afar. I'd get my money back and give it to Lawson, personally. I'll try and come off as less of a grump in my next post.

Last edited by AquaParade; 04-26-2018 at 01:18 PM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:23 PM   #445
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I may regret posting this, but anyone still waiting is being taken for a ride.

I sympathize with his hardships, but there's no way he hasn't spent a damn good chunk of time goofing off, surfing the web, drawing, or watching television in the last eight years. Everyone does. A little bit of that time could and should have been used to get these pieces out, without him losing his sanity due to a lack of recreational time. You're being taken advantage of. Bottom line.

I know it's none of my business. I didn't order a piece. If you're happy waiting, then good for you. It's just, passing this thread for years and years, then seeing him goof off on social media...it becomes hard not to build up a little frustration from afar. I'd get my money back and give it to Lawson, personally. I'll try and come off as less of a grump in my next post.
I feel like the buyers are going to be waiting...

Spoiler:
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:55 PM   #446
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

To be fair, Farley has offered on a couple of occasions to refund anyone who doesn't want to continue waiting.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 03:04 PM   #447
CyberCubed
Overlord

LOL, checked the first page and saw this thread was posted in 2012. I feel sorry for anyone waiting 6+ years for a commission, that's just ridiculous.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 05:02 PM   #448
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
To be fair, Farley has offered on a couple of occasions to refund anyone who doesn't want to continue waiting.
Yeah, I suppose it's worth noting.

But you don't make these deals and then go "well, who knOOoows when I'm going to finish, but I guess you can have your money back if you want? Do you want?" Like...just give them their money back or get your ass on the job. That's my belief. Hope I don't come off as a bully.
Old 04-26-2018, 06:45 PM   #449
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Yeah, I suppose it's worth noting.

But you don't make these deals and then go "well, who knOOoows when I'm going to finish, but I guess you can have your money back if you want? Do you want?" Like...just give them their money back or get your ass on the job. That's my belief. Hope I don't come off as a bully.
I feel ya, but let me clarify why I'm waiting (BTW, please read this in a friendly tone, I'm always afraid of e-mails and texts being read in a way that seems mean, when I'm not trying to be). Every time I've messaged him, he's replied back with a basic idea of what's going on in his life, and his other art that he's working on. I tell him that I can wait since I've been working on art projects for years too, and don't want to rush them. I want him to work on the art when he's into it and wants to make my pieces. I don't want him rushing something out that looks 1/2 assed.

The other main reason I'm waiting is because is he (along with 2 other artists) will complete my commision collection. He's one of my favorite TMNT artist's. When I saw his art as I kid I literally thought the TMNT were real.

I hope this helps you understand my patience. I'm sure you'll hear similar stories from the other people waiting too.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:01 AM   #450
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTChris1980 View Post
I feel ya, but let me clarify why I'm waiting (BTW, please read this in a friendly tone, I'm always afraid of e-mails and texts being read in a way that seems mean, when I'm not trying to be). Every time I've messaged him, he's replied back with a basic idea of what's going on in his life, and his other art that he's working on. I tell him that I can wait since I've been working on art projects for years too, and don't want to rush them. I want him to work on the art when he's into it and wants to make my pieces. I don't want him rushing something out that looks 1/2 assed.

The other main reason I'm waiting is because is he (along with 2 other artists) will complete my commision collection. He's one of my favorite TMNT artist's. When I saw his art as I kid I literally thought the TMNT were real.

I hope this helps you understand my patience. I'm sure you'll hear similar stories from the other people waiting too.
Definitely. I can understand your patience. His turtles look fantastic. I'd love a commission from him, in fact. I think you've been very kind with him. I'm really just commenting on how he handles it from a business perspective. I think at the least, he should be giving a discount.

I'm sure the piece will turn out great.
Old 04-27-2018, 07:50 PM   #451
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Definitely. I can understand your patience. His turtles look fantastic. I'd love a commission from him, in fact. I think you've been very kind with him. I'm really just commenting on how he handles it from a business perspective. I think at the least, he should be giving a discount.

I'm sure the piece will turn out great.
I'm hoping, I'm hoping
Old 09-16-2018, 06:50 PM   #452
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

Crap.....I forgot to wish you a happy anniversary of waiting!! Another year in the books!
Old 09-24-2018, 08:36 PM   #453
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior

Just seeing this now. I reached out to him a little while back. I think he has some personal stuff going on. I'm not going to speak for him, but I can understand the delay. I really hope he eventaully gets to them. I'll patiently wait. I am so damn close to getting my collection completed.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:56 AM   #454
Navin Johnson
Stone Warrior

Chris, your a better man then me, I would of went off on this guy a few years ago.
After accepting the money he should have been all over these, unless he has both feet in the grave theirs no excuse (6 years).
Man up and get it done.
I truly hope you get the most epic commission ever, to make it up for your wait.

Sadly, not the first artist I have lost all respect for, i'm sure it won't be the last
Old 09-25-2018, 11:00 AM   #455
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior

I undersand how you could feel that way, but there are bigger things in this world than TMNT commisions. At the end of the day, he's a human, and I can empathize that this is not a situation he wants to be in.
Old 03-03-2019, 03:51 PM   #456
pl212
Stone Warrior

Reviving this thread.
Are there still people missing their commission besides myself?
Old 03-03-2019, 05:34 PM   #457
Powder
So tired of this place

Not me, but I can tell you this, he deactivated his Facebook page yesterday.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 07:40 PM   #458
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

I am still missing
Old 03-03-2019, 07:46 PM   #459
pl212
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Not me, but I can tell you this, he deactivated his Facebook page yesterday.
awww man that cant be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrumh2o View Post
I am still missing
Have you emailed him? I have sent him a few emails over the course of about a year with no responses

Last edited by pl212; 03-03-2019 at 09:48 PM.
pl212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 08:02 PM   #460
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I literally talked to the man for 3 hours two nights ago. He said this:

"I still have 3-4 sketches to do and some items to sign and send. I have some stuff to go right now. Just have to go mail it."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote