The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 08-29-2018, 12:48 PM   #21
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
OK. Sigh. In one of the reviews I read that Ravenwood is just a collection of disgusting mutant worms.
"Worms" probably isn't the case at all. More of a mess of a horrifically mutated skin and sinew, and all the trauma that comes with it.

And we still don't know who did this to her!
Even more, I think we have some more of a hint of the "monsters" Bishop Sr was referring to in Area 51. Maybe Ravenwood's failed/dead/dying predecessors in whatever freaky alien was experimenting on humans?

But yeah, I'm going to agree that Ravenwood HAS to be in later versions. It feels like they took what 2012 tried to do with Mutant April, and made that sh*t into gold!

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 08-29-2018 at 12:53 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 12:55 PM   #22
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Bring on "Bebop & Rocksteady: Mutants of Mayhem" (ha!) in 2020!
Absolutely.

Maybe it'll be Bebop and Rocksteady captured by the EPF and put in some sorta Suicide Squad? That'd be awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
"Worms" probably isn't the case at all. More of a mess of a horrifically mutated skin and sinew, and all the trauma that comes with it.

And we still don't know who did this to her!
Even more, I think we have some more of a hint of the "monsters" Bishop Sr was referring to in Area 51. Maybe Ravenwood's failed/dead/dying predecessors in whatever freaky alien was experimenting on humans?
We'll find out in Issue #87!!! (I'm specifically guessing the middle issue of the Battle Lines story arc...)
Old 08-29-2018, 01:01 PM   #23
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Absolutely.

Maybe it'll be Bebop and Rocksteady captured by the EPF and put in some sorta Suicide Squad? That'd be awesome.
Sick idea! Please make it happen, IDW!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 01:02 PM   #24
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Sick idea! Please make it happen, IDW!
Throw in a couple of Playmates action figure mutants (Groundchuck, Dirtbag, Tokka, Rahzar?) and kill them in spectacular ways. It'd be amazing.
Old 08-29-2018, 04:27 PM   #25
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Throw in a couple of Playmates action figure mutants (Groundchuck, Dirtbag, Tokka, Rahzar?) and kill them in spectacular ways. It'd be amazing.
omg yes, do a whole Deadpool 2 type montage of everyone but Bebop and Rocksteady dying in ridiculous ways after hyping them up as hot sh!t

But man, what a wild ride that was! Weaver and Bates really f#cking get these characters, man. They manage to pack so much humor into B&R's dialogue yet also gift us with terrifying spreads like the one of B&R getting up, covered in blood. 10/10 would deff recommend
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 05:49 PM   #26
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
omg yes, do a whole Deadpool 2 type montage of everyone but Bebop and Rocksteady dying in ridiculous ways after hyping them up as hot sh!t
And bring back Wingnut & Screwloose for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
But man, what a wild ride that was! Weaver and Bates really f#cking get these characters, man. They manage to pack so much humor into B&R's dialogue yet also gift us with terrifying spreads like the one of B&R getting up, covered in blood. 10/10 would deff recommend
Seconded! The moment you see those two getting up like that in such a "Not enough gun" vibe is when you starting running for the hills as fast as your brown pants will let you. I'm one of the people who still don't quite get how they survived Ravenwood's poison literally between panels, but their healing factor is just... Over 9000! B&R can soak damage that would be enough to kill the Turtles and the Mutanimals combined ten times over, absolutely surreal and beastly. That probably had something to do with it. "Probably"... (cough)

August 2020 can't come soon enough!

Last edited by ChosenOne; 08-29-2018 at 06:19 PM.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:27 PM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wonder if Wingnut/Screwloose are even still alive after that first issue? Those time patrol people said they put them back in the lab that would burn down. Maybe this was just a one-and-done appearance for them.

It's not like every mutant has to be a recurring character.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 07:32 PM   #28
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

They were dead; but they still had to be "gone" in a lab accident to fix the timeline.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:34 PM   #29
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I wonder if Wingnut/Screwloose are even still alive after that first issue? Those time patrol people said they put them back in the lab that would burn down. Maybe this was just a one-and-done appearance for them.

It's not like every mutant has to be a recurring character.
I'm not interested in ever seeing them again. They came, they did everything Archie fans like, and I would really rather see some new fan-favorite mutants get a turn to show up in the next Bebop and Rocksteady mini-series.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:44 PM   #30
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
I'm not interested in ever seeing them again. They came, they did everything Archie fans like, and I would really rather see some new fan-favorite mutants get a turn to show up in the next Bebop and Rocksteady mini-series.
I agree because there's no place to take them but have them join the Mutanimals, but that group is already getting pretty large. There's also Dreadmon who only appeared in one issue so far, who knows what happened to him.

They've pretty much exhausted through the old mutant characters but a few (like Rahzar/Tokka, etc), hell even the Punk Frogs got a minor cameo/debut in the Ghostbusters mini.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:49 PM   #31
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
I agree because there's no place to take them but have them join the Mutanimals, but that group is already getting pretty large. There's also Dreadmon who only appeared in one issue so far, who knows what happened to him.

They've pretty much exhausted through the old mutant characters but a few (like Rahzar/Tokka, etc), hell even the Punk Frogs got a minor cameo/debut in the Ghostbusters mini.
It's a fine line. On the one hand, I love seeing all the old Fred Wolf / Archie mutants pop up. On the other hand, I don't want them all hanging around and taking up ongoing character space... mutant roster's already plenty crowded.

I think the right balance is what these Bebop and Rocksteady mini-series have done: we all enjoy seeing these (somewhat) obscure characters show up, and the more recognizable ones (like Wingnut and Screwloose) get a little more playtime than the mutant anglerfish and seahorse (I don't even remember their names... they never made it past concept art, the poor sushi bastards).
Old 08-30-2018, 06:32 AM   #32
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

I think we need a new mini-series about the first days of the EPF. A story about Bishop's father, Ravenwood's experiment and other dark secrets.

It should be something like "Secret History of the Foot Clan". When we get a new story and in parallel there is a story from the past.

Spoiler:
People of Professor Shevlin can save Ravenwood from the river. He is ashamed that he helped Bishop. Ravenwood wants to take revenge on Bishop and get a new body. She and Shevlin ask for help from the Turtles and tells them about the past of the EPF. Please, stop me ...
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 07:04 AM   #33
ChosenOne
Banned

In Wingnut & Screwloose's defense... Every Suicide Squad needs its Harley Quinn! Plus, I like the Deadpool 2 idea of assembling a team and quickly having it dwindle down to 2-3 essential characters. They could just be a cameo like all the others. More of an Anti-Mutanimals crew, really.
Old 08-30-2018, 08:25 AM   #34
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
In Wingnut & Screwloose's defense... Every Suicide Squad needs its Harley Quinn!
You think Wingnut and Screwloose should be added to the Mutant Suicide Squad for... for their sex appeal???
Old 08-30-2018, 08:49 AM   #35
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
You think Wingnut and Screwloose should be added to the Mutant Suicide Squad for... for their sex appeal???
I guess the girls like the plankton chips they're packin

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 08:50 AM   #36
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
I was thinking more along the lines of their literal bashit insanity, but sure, whatever works!
Old 08-30-2018, 10:13 AM   #37
CyberCubed
Overlord

Dr. Shelvin is bit of an odd character, because he's kinda just there without any real quirks. I wonder what they'll do with him, he doesn't seem evil.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:21 AM   #38
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Dr. Shelvin is bit of an odd character, because he's kinda just there without any real quirks. I wonder what they'll do with him, he doesn't seem evil.
Maybe Slash will kill him. It's Shelvin's fault the Mutanimals and TMNT couldn't rescue him back in Desperate Measures...
Old 08-30-2018, 12:42 PM   #39
martinitolove
Foot Soldier

Ravenwood in spider form reminds me of Baxter 2003 - all the forms he has changed from one episode to another. It would be a great adaptation with this new character I personally feel not beeing an interesting one.
The mini didn't blow my mind but was very enjoyable indeed. Waiting for Karai's Anti-Mutanimals. And Mutants of Mayem (thaught of it as an amazing new title for the next series as I've read it first time) in 2020!
martinitolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 01:20 PM   #40
ChosenOne
Banned

The third Bebop & Rocksteady mini just has to be called Mutants of Mayhem now!

And I think I'm gonna start referring to Karai's posse as the Footanimals (not all of them are mutants, but all of them are Foot and all of them are animals).