The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 08-10-2020, 09:53 PM   #61
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Welp, it looks like the writers were only given SIX WEEKS to write the final four episodes.

Damn ...
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 11:08 PM   #62
Leolead
Stone Warrior

I haven't watched a single ep of the show! I guess I've been so busy & wrapped up in my own life that I forgot this show was a thing. Still, I hope the next TMNT we get is closer to the roots of the source material
Old 08-11-2020, 04:43 PM   #63
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
Welp, it looks like the writers were only given SIX WEEKS to write the final four episodes.

Damn ...
That's a shame. That's an employer though for ya these days, being all vague and just dropping the bomb one day. Even just calling it "paused" despite the fact that the chance of it un-pausing are slim. Probably still want them waiting in the wings just in case, rather than having them all run off and move on from it.

Wonder how long ago this was, how long did they know. Though with the toy line ending it was a bit hard not to see it coming.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 04:46 PM   #64
Leo656
The Franchise

I mean, it was a toy commercial. Once there were no more toys to advertise, there's no reason to spend money on the commercial anymore. That's it.

Somewhere right now, TommyT is screaming into a bullhorn how everyone should have listened back in January.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 06:09 PM   #65
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I actually miss him, not gonna lie. While he was vocal, you could tell that he really cares for this brand.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 06:18 PM   #66
Leo656
The Franchise

He definitely had lots of good points about many things and was inarguably passionate.

But I feel like I should probably be the absolute limit insofar as smug condescension, talking down to people, and enforcing my will upon others. I mean, I'm always right, but that doesn't mean I don't see how that rubs people the wrong way, and how rubbing peoples' faces in it can be tiresome and off-putting. That's why I try to be as nice as I can about it.

Whereas he often went out of his way to push buttons and make people angry, and yeah, that isn't attractive. I think I agreed with him on a lot more things than I didn't, but he wasn't at all interested in reading the room or getting along with anyone, so sooner or later you're going to hit a wall when you act like that.

Plus, I have some evidence and conjecture that he was yet another duplicate account for a Banned member, and that's also No Bueno. So, it is what it is. I think that's actually why the most recent Ban was so much longer than the previous one. If he'd just gotten Banned for mouthing off to Campbell that'd be one thing, but I *think* the Mods also discovered he was an Alt Account. But don't quote me, I don't know for a fact. Just what I've heard.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 11:02 AM   #67
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Am I forgetting a detail... or just realized that the missing teapot/helmet piece that kept Shredder from being fully sentient in the beginning never mattered.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 02:27 PM   #68
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post

Damn ...
Boy, these types of shows treat staff like crap. Same type of thing happened with the original voice actors of Scooby Doo, in the Scoob film they didn't find out that they got replaced till they looked it up online like the rest of us. What is that?

I hope the movie gives us more detail why Splinter replaced Raph with Leo now. I'd like to assume its because of him seeing Leo deal with Big Mom, still. You gotta feel bad for Raph, I looked at that scene and he looks like he's about to fall to pieces.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 07:34 PM   #69
CyberCubed
Overlord

Man the finale was really good. If the whole show had been like this it would have been consistently fun.

I loved the whole mystic angle in these last eps along with Oroku Saki making a pact with a demon Shredder (even if the whole thing is a ripoff or homage of the Ninja Tribunal arc of the 4kids series), and the action sequences were very well animated.

The backstory and history with Splinter was really nicely done too including Karai and the whole Hamato Clan, and I liked the angle with Oroku Saki himself not being evil before being corrupted. Besides that we saw the Turtles get their classic weapons back (Raph with sai's!), and even April was decent in these last eps. And Foot Recruit is our female Casey of this show, which was a funny way to let us know Casey was here all along.

I don't think it was rushed at all, without the knowledge that season 2 was cut short, I wouldn't think otherwise. Also it ending with Leonardo becoming the leader was pretty funny. I hope this stuff carries over to the movie next year.

Pretty good finale I'd say, I wish the whole show had been more like this.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote