The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-24-2020, 12:14 PM   #1
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

NECA 1990/1991 Wal-Mart Exclusives

Figured I'd start a thread for these and everything we know so far. NECA's 7" TMNT movie line seems to have a new home at Wal-Mart with new lines of 2-packs from both the original 1990 film and 1991's Secret of the Ooze.

With 1990 being two sets of the four turtles followed by a trenchcoat Raphael and Casey Jones. Raph and Casey are set for Q2 ... so I'm expecting probably at least by May they'll turn up in stores? Guess we'll have to see.

Also coming our way is a two-pack with Tokka and Rahzar! Expect them in Q3.

Not to mention on top of that, we're getting Mr. Kevin Nash himself ... Super Shredder in a deluxe figure. Also a Q3 release.

Based on what Randy has said in his interview with Pixel Dan, there are a few things to keep in mind ...

* These are more than likely going to have online pre-order options and will be tied to Inventory individually so you'll be able to verify which closest stores carry them.

* Apparently, there's more in store for the 1990 line. Randy alluded to the series not being done yet, so there's potentially another SDCC figure (or figures) making a debut this summer that may wind up in these Wal-Mart exclusive packs down the line.
Old 02-24-2020, 12:44 PM   #2
IMJ
Emperor

If this line turns out to be accessible and that I can catch up on it with 2-packs, I might be all-in for this as well as the Fred Wolf line.

But on that note, guys if you already have these - don't rebuy 'em. Let them proliferate out into the market and just pick up anything you don't already have.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 12:46 PM   #3
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

I hope these are available to UK suppliers otherwise it's going to get very expensive.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 02:34 PM   #4
italianice388
Stone Warrior

fingers crossed for preorder! would preorder both day 1
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 07:53 PM   #5
Night Monkey
Random Punk

So glad the movie Turtles are getting another release. I was able to score the bundle at GameStop during the last go, but ended up with the error head Raph. Every Raph I found after that was the same. So, I hope this time I’ll be able to get the normal one at least.
Night Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 08:06 PM   #6
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Just so I’m clear.

Walmart = Movies
Toon = Target
Arcade = BBTS, EE, etc...

GameStop = Nada?

1/4 scale = everywhere? I’ve seen these in a mall calendar store for f sakes.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 08:08 PM   #7
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNES View Post
These Wal-Mart releases are quarter scale? In two pack?!?
Old 02-24-2020, 08:10 PM   #8
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
These Wal-Mart releases are quarter scale? In two pack?!?
No they aren’t. I was referring to the previous Movie 1/4 scale and soon Toon.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 08:18 PM   #9
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
No they aren’t. I was referring to the previous Movie 1/4 scale and soon Toon.

OOOOhhhhhh okay I gotcha.....
Old 02-24-2020, 08:29 PM   #10
Leo656
The Franchise

I wish Nash got a commission for that figure, but since it doesn't show his face I have to say he probably doesn't.

He did tell me what he makes off those DVDs, though, so I'm sure he's doing just fine.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 09:52 PM   #11
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

I have invested a lot into the movie line, I want it to do very well. I'm worried because out of all of the wal-marts in my area 1/6 has a NECA section and it isn't well stocked.

I'm going for them one way or another.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 10:23 PM   #12
mikey2007
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Just so I’m clear.

Walmart = Movies
Toon = Target
Arcade = BBTS, EE, etc...

GameStop = Nada?

I’m guessing they are going away from GameStop since they are downsizing a lot of their stores. Maybe they couldn’t afford to keep the distribution rights for the exclusive movie Turtles. Walmart and Target are stores that aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. Makes sense to make the transition now

"i just love hide-n-seek, don't you?" -mike
mikey2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 01:32 AM   #13
FifthTurtles81
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogod View Post
I hope these are available to UK suppliers otherwise it's going to get very expensive.
They absolutely will be! You can see how many UK sellers are currently stocking the Shredder and Splinter figure on Ebay. These figures don't seem to have the silly retailer exclusive/distribution problems that they have in the US, for us in the UK.

Not gloating or anything! I'm just happy that Neca are finally getting these out in the UK and Europe. I've been playing catch up the last few months and I finally got my movie TMNT yesterday! So beautiful! Can't wait for Casey, Tokka & Rahzar!
FifthTurtles81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 07:36 AM   #14
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookycookies View Post
I have invested a lot into the movie line, I want it to do very well. I'm worried because out of all of the wal-marts in my area 1/6 has a NECA section and it isn't well stocked.

I'm going for them one way or another.
Apparently Wal-Mart is heavily expanding its NECA selection come this spring. I'm sure that's going to play a role into this new lineup as well.

The big thing I'm hoping for is just being able to pre-order online, but guess we'll see how that goes when the 2-pack Turtles drop and Trenchcoat Raph/Casey do as well.
Old 02-25-2020, 02:36 PM   #15
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Does Walmart do preorders? Never done that through them. I gotta say these being Walmart exclusives makes me a little nervous about difficulty getting them. I didn't have any trouble with the second wave at Gamestop.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 07:54 PM   #16
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

Whether I order online through pre-order, find them in stores or just end up having to buy them off the Internet, they were all be mine once released. That’s all I know.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 08:12 PM   #17
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
Does Walmart do preorders? Never done that through them. I gotta say these being Walmart exclusives makes me a little nervous about difficulty getting them. I didn't have any trouble with the second wave at Gamestop.
They do preorders
I just pre-ordered the real Ghostbusters line through them
Old 02-26-2020, 05:33 AM   #18
Swaynomics930
Foot Soldier

GS was clutch with preorders. Especially with just 10% down and payments. I just hope Walmart does preorders and I'll be happy. Target is a pain. Randy was talking about hunting, I value my time too much. I went to 8 targets some multiple times for BnR and didnt find any. Never again.
Swaynomics930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 06:14 AM   #19
AquaParade
Banned

That was sort of funny coming from Randy. I get that he is entrenched in this lifestyle and hunting is practically part of his everyday, but it comes across as a bit strange to tell your potential buyers to hunt things down. The goal should be to get them in their hands - and I know it is, and he is doing the best he can, but it still came across as a bit of a stretch.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 06:16 AM   #20
JonesyKitty
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaynomics930 View Post
GS was clutch with preorders. Especially with just 10% down and payments. I just hope Walmart does preorders and I'll be happy. Target is a pain. Randy was talking about hunting, I value my time too much. I went to 8 targets some multiple times for BnR and didnt find any. Never again.
I agree, toy hunting CAN be fun but for me it all comes down to what the situation is. I absolutely love vintage toy hunting. I know I can find them all on ebay for decent prices but I get a thrill out of not really knowing what I will find. Prime example, a few years ago I found the Green Jumpsuit Channel 6 April figure in a mix bag of junk for a dollar. That was awesome. The neverending search for a wild Scratch figure for a few bucks at an antique store or in a yardsale box being sold by someone who doesn't know what they have? I do that all the time. I probably never will find one but I refuse to buy one on ebay because it ruins the fun and once I buy that, I have the holy grail and have no need to go looking.

Hunting Neca Bebop and Rocksteady? F*** that. They are brand new and all over ebay. I'm not wasting time and money driving all over for them. That isn't fun to me because they should be readily available. I will eventually find one at a Target and when I do it won't be a satisfying event because of the thrill of hunting. It'll be a f***ing relief because it's done and over and I don't have to find them ever again. I gave up on those two and stopped going to Targets just to find them. Instead, now when we go to Target to get other stuff I casually look, of course hoping they are there but not expecting to find them.
JonesyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote