The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-14-2019, 09:35 PM   #81
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Part of me feels like I'm being mean, and yet, another part of me feels like there's so much left unsaid. Weird.
Leave nothing unsaid. Put it all on the table. All in, bubba. Go hard or go home.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:47 PM   #82
Leo656
The Franchise

Her nude pictorial was very artfully airbrushed.

I mean, I kinda can't get past it. Mean Girls-era, everybody was like, "WOW, I can't wait until she gets desperate enough to pose nude!" Then when she finally does it, everybody's like "WOW, booze and coke make your face and t*ts sag, can we get a do-over on this?" The people who even bothered to look at it, anyway. Again, we went from "I can't wait for that!" to "Huh, really? Hmm. Nah." That never happens. Nobody turns down Famous Boobs. Just in this case.

It's like finally getting that pony you wanted for Sweet 16, except it's literally the same pony, you're both 15 years older, all the magic is gone and the poor thing looks like it could keel over at any moment. When the moment's passed, it's passed.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 01:52 PM   #83
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

The other week Alan Menken gave an update on the status of the film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Menken
We’re going to be starting it up very soon. We had to wait for (director) Rob Marshall to finish up “Mary Poppins Returns,” so I imagine pretty soon we’ll be getting into the trenches.
https://www.azcentral.com/story/ente...ul/2668465002/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:28 PM   #84
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Considering how disappointed I was with Mary Poppins returns, I do not have any faith in this project.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:23 PM   #85
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Ugh Lohan is at it again. She's got to give it a rest.

Lindsay Lohan channels Ariel, saves lobster from certain death in Beach Club clip
Old 02-18-2019, 09:48 PM   #86
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

With the original film is being re-released on home media in honor of its 30th anniversary, Jodi Benson, the voice of Ariel, was asked about the live-action film and who she would like to see play Ariel in it.

Quote:
PS: Disney has been rebooting a ton of classic films lately, and The Little Mermaid is set to be turned into a live-action film. Is that something that you would consider making a cameo in?

JB: Oh my gosh. Are you kidding? Yeah. I would love that. Absolutely. If they call me, I'll be there. I'm all about it.

PS: Who would you love to see play Ariel in the live-action movie?

JB: It's interesting. I understand there are celebrities that they're thinking and that makes total sense, I totally get that. A part of me would kind of like to have somebody new. I'd really love to see a real 16-year-old play the part. It would be incredible if they did a search for somebody, because she's out there. In some ways, when you attach a celebrity to an iconic role like that, sometimes you get a little caught up with who the person is and a little less focus on the story. So I kind of wish they'd do a little search, but I understand you got to sell tickets.

PS: Is there a specific scene that you're excited to see come to life?

JB: I'd be really curious to see how they're going to do "Part of Your World" underwater. I'd be very fascinated to see how they're going to do everything underwater. I think that would be beautiful. I'm sure it could be done magically, so I would love to see that.
The Original Voice of Ariel Weighs In on Who Should Star in the Live-Action Little Mermaid

Quote:
RP: Eventually one day, Disney will make a live action Little Mermaid, and it’s currently in development. What's one thing you hope to see in it?

JB: I would like it to stay true to the original. I think it could be a really beautiful film. I'd love to see how they're going to create the underwater whole element. I'm excited to see how they're going to pull that off. That will be really cool. Knowing the people that I've heard that are involved, if it is [composer] Alan Menken and [songwriter] Lin-Manuel Miranda, and if it is [directors] Rob Marshall and John Deluca, if that is the case, which I don't know if it is, those are just names I've heard, they're all incredibly talented. So, it's gonna be phenomenal, there's no doubt about it. Disney's not going to release anything that's not incredible. I'm excited, and if I can just be a person watching from behind and just observing, I would just love to be in the room with all those brilliant, talented people.
Jodi Benson, The Voice of Ariel, Hopes Every Generation Falls In Love With 'The Little Mermaid'
Old 02-26-2019, 12:18 PM   #87
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78
Considering how disappointed I was with Mary Poppins returns, I do not have any faith in this project.
Here are more of Jodi Benson's thoughts on the project. She also mentions that she really enjoyed Mary Poppins Returns.

Quote:
Disney's had a pretty good batting average with these live-action remakes of some of their classic properties, and I know that The Little Mermaid's definitely on the table with Lin-Manuel Miranda's potentially contributing songs. What gets you excited about seeing this story interpreted in live-action when it inevitably comes to pass?

Yeah. I think it's going to be incredible. They are talking about this concept, and the team of people that I've heard mentioned for this particular live-action film sounds quite magical. And I think for Alan [Menken] to be teaming up with Lin-Manuel is going to be phenomenal, and if in fact we have Robbie Marshall, if that is the case, as director and John DeLuca as executive producer. Mary Poppins Returns, I think, was just a fantastic film, so I know that Robbie is an incredible director with a great eye. I think he can handle it. I think it can be delivered in a way that's going to be quite special. I don't know exactly how they'll pull it all off, but I'm sure it'll be amazing.
'The Little Mermaid': Jodi Benson Talks Ariel, Disney Princesses, and the Potential Live-Action Remake
Old 03-06-2019, 10:57 PM   #88
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Rob Marshall just gave an update on the film. Right now they are working on the script. He guessing that casting will probably begin in the summer.

Old 04-11-2019, 12:17 PM   #89
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Yesterday on Twitter Alan Menken and Lin-Manuel Miranda said that were working on the film's new songs yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Menken
We’re off and swimming!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin-Manuel Miranda
What’s a fire, and why does it-
what’s the word?
Burn-
WHEN’S IT MY TURN...

https://twitter.com/AIMenken/status/1116112640512798727
Old 05-21-2019, 10:39 PM   #90
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Alan Menken says that the status of film is that are two meetings in. He's very happy to have Rob Marshall as the director.

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1131009830737436672
Old 05-23-2019, 05:37 PM   #91
Sobble
Banned

Disney does like to make a lot of damn live action remakes

They are pumping out these more then there direct to video sequels from 1994-2007 (WITH FANTASIA 2000 BEING THE LUCKY ONE TO COME OUT IN THEATERS)

watch as they remake cars
Sobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 10:30 AM   #92
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Zendaya addressed the casting rumors of her playing Ariel the other day. Maybe we will get an announcement at the D23 Expo.

Old 06-08-2019, 10:36 AM   #93
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wonder how controversial it'll be if they cast her.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 08:59 AM   #94
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I wonder how controversial it'll be if they cast her.
I'm totally fine with a POC playing Ariel. In 1997, Brandy played the titular character in the TV movie Rogers and Hammerstein's Cinderella. KeKe Palmer later followed in Brandy's footsteps by taking over the role in the recent Broadway version, even though that wasn't a Disney Theatrical show. In 1998, Toni Braxton made history as the first African-American woman to play Belle in Beauty and the Beast on Broadway. Alan Menken and Tim Rice even added a song for her in the musical, "A Change in Me", that has been with the show ever since she was involved with it. Right now in the Broadway production of Frozen, Kristoff is being portrayed by an African-American actor named Jelani Alladin. He got hate-mail at first, but then fans warmed up to him.
Old 06-28-2019, 01:32 PM   #95
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

lol... they're looking at Melissa McCarthy for Ursula.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/mccarthy...-cIe_yOg3vgUgI

I mean... of course they are, right?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 01:34 PM   #96
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
lol... they're looking at Melissa McCarthy for Ursula.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/mccarthy...-cIe_yOg3vgUgI

I mean... of course they are, right?
Perfect Casting?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 03:59 PM   #97
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Perfect Casting?
I think it is. She'll be fantastic.
Old 06-28-2019, 04:20 PM   #98
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I’d prefer a drag queen being cast as Ursula since her design was based off Divine’s look
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 01:40 PM   #99
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Jacob Trembley (Room, Wonder) is in talks to voice Flounder. He's an excellent choice IMO. However, Scuttle might be a female bird in this film and Disney wants Awkwafina (Crazy Rich Asians, Ocean's 8) for the part.

‘The Little Mermaid’: Awkwafina & Jacob Tremblay in Talks To Joins Disney’s Live-Action Pic
Old 07-02-2019, 03:16 PM   #100
Egon1982
Hench Mutant

I smell another halfassed soulless moneygrab remake, i'm boycotting Disney as i have yet to see these live action remakes of Disney classics and will continue to do so.

Eventually the returns on these remakes will diminish eventually and will send Disney the message, i'm sticking to the classics. I want Disney to just be creative like Zootopia, Wreck it Ralph, do a story that hasn't been adapted in the Disney animation studios films and also Pixar than another cashgrab remake.
Egon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote