The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 07-03-2017, 02:02 PM   #41
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Not kids today, I only know of him because he was huge in the 90s but kids today sure don't. Michael Jordan was a worldwide celebrity, what person in another country that's not the US can name a single athlete like Michael Jordan?

And kids today don't know him unless they watched Space Jam on Netflix or are huge NBA buffs.
I know of Jordan due to Space Jam.

American athletes asides from boxers, MMA fighters and pro wrestlers? OJ Simpson... but that's due to another reason. Not even sure what sport the man played.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 02:05 PM   #42
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
That would be football. Of the American variety.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 02:06 PM   #43
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
That would be football. Of the American variety.
Oh right. I knew it was either that or baseball but wasn't sure which one.

Why was the man trial a huge deal anyway? My mom says it made headlines throughout the whole world. Wasn't the guy pretty much guilty? How did he get cleared off the charges?
Old 07-03-2017, 02:11 PM   #44
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Michael Jackson was mostly big in the 80's and early 90's. Michael Jordan is 54 years old. A 10-12 year old getting into the NBA now wouldn't know who he is unless he delved into NBA history.

When I was a kid I had no idea who most 70's stars were for example. I kept hearing "Chuck Norris" and "Mr. T" but I never actually saw anything they were in until years later when I was an adult. Kids our age had little to no knowledge of 70's stars or earlier. So it's the same with kids of today and our 90's stars.
We had old movie reruns. I knew of Mr. T from his cartoon and the A-Team.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 02:14 PM   #45
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
They could never prove guilt due to the glove allegedly used in the crime not fitting. And it made such headlines 1) because famous person, and 2) because he led cops on a several hours long "slow speed chase" through most of the L.A. area in his vehicle with a gun to his own head (reportedly). And the murder itself was supposedly pretty brutal.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 02:27 PM   #46
ssjup81
Foot Elite

There's was some reasonable doubt too. Goldman supposedly put up a fight with his attacker. OJ didn't have any bruising at all. Also, from what I remember, it would've been difficult to have killed both of them unless one of them waited until OJ was finished and then let OJ attack him/her. I think it was stuff like that that had him acquitted.

I remember the car chase. We came home, expecting to watch Picket Fences, like we did every week, to see live news coverage of the car chase. We watched until it was over...curious what was going to happen.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 02:29 PM   #47
ToTheNines
[sic]

Wow, I can't believe it was way back in 2003 when I sh*t my pants in the garage. I'm 26 years old now, that must have been like 20 years ago.

These young kids of today must have no idea I ever sh*t my pants in the garage. Here in the far flung future of 2017, who knows what they talk about? That was a long time ago.

I once sh*t my pants in the garage.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:44 PM   #48
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

There's a simple reason why time seems to get faster as you get older. The older you get, you have more life to base your sense of time on. This is why 5 years seems like a long time to a 10-year old, but to a 70-year old, it feels like the blink of an eye.

Also, many of us have vivid memories of experiences that "feel like yesterday". Even though time keeps going, those vivid memories still "feel like yesterday" no matter how old we get, which make time seem like it's flying.

And Michael Jackson is still played in public everywhere. Beat It was playing at a kids' sporting event I went to recently. He will not be forgotten for a long, long time. We all know who Elvis is, don't we?
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 12:52 AM   #49
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah, that's also why as a kid sitting through school felt like it went on forever whereas in reality it was so short. Like once you got to High School those 3-4 years felt like they would never end...but High School is literally only 3-4 years.

I mean nowadays 3 years goes by in a blink of an eye, but when you're a teenager it feels like 10 years.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 12:06 PM   #50
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Yeah, that's also why as a kid sitting through school felt like it went on forever whereas in reality it was so short. Like once you got to High School those 3-4 years felt like they would never end...but High School is literally only 3-4 years.

I mean nowadays 3 years goes by in a blink of an eye, but when you're a teenager it feels like 10 years.
HS didn't seem to last that long to me. 1st to 4th grade felt like an eternity as did 5th to 9th grade however. Not to mention my entire adolescence. Teenage years felt like they were never going to end.
Old 07-04-2017, 12:31 PM   #51
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
HS didn't seem to last that long to me. 1st to 4th grade felt like an eternity as did 5th to 9th grade however. Not to mention my entire adolescence. Teenage years felt like they were never going to end.
Heh, I was a teenager growing up with the N64 as the current console at the time. When I was 13, both Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Pokemon Red/Blue came out back in 1998 the same year. By the time I was 16 the Gamecube came out in 2001.

My whole teen years were the N64 through the Gamecube, by the time the Wii came out I was 21.
Old 07-04-2017, 01:45 PM   #52
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Heh, I was a teenager growing up with the N64 as the current console at the time. When I was 13, both Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Pokemon Red/Blue came out back in 1998 the same year. By the time I was 16 the Gamecube came out in 2001.

My whole teen years were the N64 through the Gamecube, by the time the Wii came out I was 21.
Well I was born in 1990, so I can't say there was a major console that covered my entire teen years only. The closest would have to b the original DS(it came out in 2004, really?) or the 360. And ofc, the PS2 lasted so long that it covered my entire teenage years. The generations of my teenage years were the PS2/DC/GC/Xbox and the Wii/PS3/360 ones. I was too young to be aware of what truly was going on in the Saturn/PS1/N64 days, despite having played a lot on my brother's Saturn and N64 when I was in elementary school. But hell if I knew they were competitors or cared about comparing both consoles. Both had fun as hell games for me, and that's all that mattered.
Old 07-04-2017, 02:50 PM   #53
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's kinda weird but the thing I remember most about the different years of my life is what videogames or TV shows I was watching at the time, rather than anything I was doing in school or College.

I went to College for 5 years and graduated and don't remember anything I learned there.
Old 07-04-2017, 02:51 PM   #54
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
It's kinda weird but the thing I remember most about the different years of my life is what videogames or TV shows I was watching at the time, rather than anything I was doing in school or College.

I went to College for 5 years and graduated and don't remember anything I learned there.
Well, same. And also the places I've travelled to and the school year I was in at the time.

Nothing? As in literally nothing?
Old 07-04-2017, 02:53 PM   #55
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post

Nothing? As in literally nothing?
As in anything important, not really. I retain some basic knowledge of course, but nothing I would use in the real world.
Old 07-04-2017, 02:56 PM   #56
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
As in anything important, not really. I retain some basic knowledge of course, but nothing I would use in the real world.
I remember you telling us what you studied in uni. Not gonna disclose it since I dunno if you want everyone to know that, but I think you could use that degree to something. Or at least use what you learned for something. Have you pursued a masters?

Tags
cybercubed the timemaster, cybercubed4ever, cybercubedthe oldster, cybercubedthecuck, cybercubedtheoldster, cybercubedthevirgin