The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 08-26-2007, 08:53 PM   #581
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

WOW...pretty high hopes for him then...if anyone can live up to expectations, he should be able to...good luck!

As an aside, in my Winner's League I recently drafted, here's who I got:

QBs: Tony Romo, Jon Kitna, Rex Grossman
RBs: Ladainian Tom (i had the 1st pick!), Thomas Jones, Cedric Benson, Lamont Jordan
WRs: Chad Johnson, Torry Holt, Bernard Berrian
TE: Shockey
K: Neil Rackers, Olindo Mare
Def: Philly, Carolina

I'm pretty happy with it...
Old 08-26-2007, 09:22 PM   #582
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTerminator View Post
WOW...pretty high hopes for him then...if anyone can live up to expectations, he should be able to...good luck!

As an aside, in my Winner's League I recently drafted, here's who I got:

QBs: Tony Romo, Jon Kitna, Rex Grossman
RBs: Ladainian Tom (i had the 1st pick!), Thomas Jones, Cedric Benson, Lamont Jordan
WRs: Chad Johnson, Torry Holt, Bernard Berrian
TE: Shockey
K: Neil Rackers, Olindo Mare
Def: Philly, Carolina

I'm pretty happy with it...
Pretty good team. Hopefully your Qb situation works out. You have 3 guys that could potentially turn in big games for you, but who could also F you up bigtime.
Mr. Snackpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:36 PM   #583
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Snackpants View Post
Pretty good team. Hopefully your Qb situation works out. You have 3 guys that could potentially turn in big games for you, but who could also F you up bigtime.
Lol yeah he dose. Terminator, you should probably try to trade for a more consistend QB, unless you can see the future and tell who's having an ass game that sunday.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:41 PM   #584
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Yea, my QB's are definately the weakest part of the team...that said, I should still be able to get production out of them whereas in some of the other positions I just couldn't pass up on what was available...besides, theres generally someone solid at QB sitting in free agency on any given week
Old 08-29-2007, 03:13 PM   #585
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior

Hopefully Thomas Jones will do good for you Terminator..that means the Jets will do good.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:26 PM   #586
Revan
Han Shot First

I made a drome pro football pick'em group on yahoo. So far, just jeff and myself are in it. Cmon guys and gals! Get in on it! If you have never played it's basically betting on the games without using money. I think it's fun. Go to http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem and search the group id. The password is password

Group ID#: 35868
Group Password: password
Maximum Teams 50
Confidence Points No
Spread Yes
Tiebreakers Yes
Start Week 1
Drop Scores Drop 2 scores
Deadline 5 minutes before the first game of each week
Old 08-30-2007, 04:36 PM   #587
ToTheNines
[sic]

Ugh, Sox have been SWEPT! I'm not worried, but still... I was looking forward to a good series.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:01 PM   #588
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
Hopefully Thomas Jones will do good for you Terminator..that means the Jets will do good.

Man, I hope so...i've always been a fan of his. He's done well for me in the past I was very excited to see him still there after I picked up LT, Holt, and Chad...

Never been much of a Jets fan though, but I guess I'm one now...ahh, the beauty of Fantasy Football!!
Old 08-30-2007, 09:25 PM   #589
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTerminator View Post
Never been much of a Jets fan though, but I guess I'm one now...ahh, the beauty of Fantasy Football!!
You should be one anyway!! Jets fans are good people.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:49 AM   #590
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

Well college football started last night and that's always a good thing. It wasn't very entertaining though, blowouts across the board. Can't wait for that Cal-Tenn. game. Should be a good one.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:45 PM   #591
Revan
Han Shot First

It's tough to gadge exactly how good louisville and lsu are based on their poor opponent but I was still impressed. The cardinals put up 70+ points! Thats good no matter who ya are. I hope louisville does amazing this year without bobby petrino. A guy who left a great place like louisville to go to a mess in Atlanta!

PS. Any notre dame fans here? Huge irish guy here. go irish
Old 09-01-2007, 01:02 PM   #592
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul

Nope...I am not an Irish fan. I am watching one of my alma maters, CU-Boulder, try to bounce back from a bad season and they are not doing too shabby. Yesterday, my other alma mater, Oregon State, won their game against Utah.

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 02:01 PM   #593
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Ahh, yes Gator football is back! We are currently laying the smackdown on Western Kentucky 42-3 at the begining of the 4th. I hopefully *crosses fingers* will be able to go to next weeks game so that should be fun...

Quote:
Can't wait for that Cal-Tenn. game. Should be a good one.
And yea, that should be a very good game tonite, esp. considering what happened last year...

Man, I can't believe college football is back. Seems like just yesterday we were talking about this. Good times.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:48 PM   #594
Cascadia

CU-Boulder won in overtime. 31-28. Oregon State put a smackdown onto Utah.

Old 09-01-2007, 06:32 PM   #595
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

And how about Appalachian State with the upset of the century taking down #5 Michigan?! That game was tremendous. I mean, 2 straight blocked field goals?! Great game. And I'm glad they lost cuz Florida will move up a spot...
Old 09-01-2007, 08:09 PM   #596
Cascadia

nods...that was a huge upset.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:17 PM   #597
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

I was a Michigan fan whole life until last year when I started going to college. Boy am I glad I don't give a **** about the maize and blue anymore . I've had fun making fun of my family members and friends who are Michigan fans all day. It truely was one of the funniest things I've ever watched. I wished I could've been at the Big House to see everyone crying!

Now I go to Central Michigan and Kansas killed us 52-7...but hey, at least Kansas is a DI-A team!!! HAHA!!!
Old 09-02-2007, 07:44 AM   #598
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Quote:
but hey, at least Kansas is a DI-A team!!! HAHA!!!
Man, can you imagine what that must feel like for them to lose to not even a D1 school? This is incredible...wonder how far they'll drop in the polls. But if you're going to lose, its much better at the begining of the year...but still, what a bunch of LOSERS...
Old 09-02-2007, 05:46 PM   #599
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior

Don't knock App State (or as we call it here, Happy Appy)..they won their division's championship twice the past 2 years. They could easily be in the Conference USA if you ask me.

And I know it didn't get much attention nationally, but I am happy Butch Davis got us a win in his debut here at UNC. He won't be competing for any national titles anytime this year or next, but he will definately turn the program around.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:11 PM   #600
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
Don't knock App State (or as we call it here, Happy Appy)..they won their division's championship twice the past 2 years. They could easily be in the Conference USA if you ask me.

And I know it didn't get much attention nationally, but I am happy Butch Davis got us a win in his debut here at UNC. He won't be competing for any national titles anytime this year or next, but he will definately turn the program around.
It's not really knocking App St. It's just that a ranked team should never lose to a AA(or whatever) team. It's fricken hilarious because Michigan paid them $400 grand to come for what they thought would be an easy first game win....HA!

And in this case it doesn't matter they lost so early in the season. If they are 1 of the 2 teams with 1 loss and everyone else had 2...I guarantee Michigan still wouldn't play for the championship. Their season was over before it even started.

Oh and when I was looking at my teams schedule(central Michigan) I saw we played S. Dakota St. and thought, sweet an easy win. Well S. Dakota St. was ranked ahead of App St. in the 1st Poll, but not anymore probably. Not looking like an easy game anymore.