Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 11:39 PM   #41
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
HAHA ALL TURTLES STUFF BEFORE THIS MOVIE WAS CRAP RIGHT LMAO

Yep.

Not to be catty, but I find it humorous that this dude (Jeremy Howard) is the one making these kinds of defensive statements. "Donnie" is one sadly unfortunate-looking individual.

I know, I'm just the worst.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Old 07-25-2014, 11:45 PM   #42
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
The turtles are fine, they just look odd in certain angles just like your own faces.

I cringe looking at the old movies faces now as they are outdated, time to move on.
Despite the fact that they are pretty outdated, I really like the Jim Henson turtle suits. Even till this day I still find them pretty cool looking, but the ones in TMNT 3 were just godawful.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:54 PM   #43
Leolead
Stone Warrior

Agree 100% i mean hey, they tried a more traditional design it didn't work out, the big noses would have looked ridiculous, as a matter of fact a while back someone here did a manip of it (not insulting the artist) and it looked very cartoony, it's 2014 now, what worked in 1990 won't work in 2014. i agree wth Jeremy 100% at least they tried.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:59 PM   #44
terrorblade
Foot Soldier

Quote:

Old 07-26-2014, 12:01 AM   #45
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

i know right all the old turtles stuff is crap

https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
Old 07-26-2014, 12:06 AM   #46
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

GIF!!!

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Old 07-26-2014, 12:12 AM   #47
terrorblade
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
Old 07-26-2014, 12:13 AM   #48
DioLeo451
Hench Mutant

Quote:

who said that who uttered those exact words?
Old 07-26-2014, 12:13 AM   #49
hitmonkey
Foot Soldier

I guess plain old bandanas and knee/elbow pads "wouldn't work" either. The only way to make Donatello look "realistic" was to cover him in old Ghostbusters props and throw on some D-Von Dudley glasses.

Look, I'm not saying the whole movie looks trash. I think it looks like a fun time at the movies. However, I'm incredibly sick of everyone involved with the film making excuses for all of the things fans dislike rather than owning up to them. Instead of trying to excuse what they did, they should come right out and say "We just changed a lot of this stuff because we felt like it". Tired of the b.s.
Old 07-26-2014, 12:19 AM   #50
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmonkey View Post
I guess plain old bandanas and knee/elbow pads "wouldn't work" either. The only way to make Donatello look "realistic" was to cover him in old Ghostbusters props and throw on some D-Von Dudley glasses.

Look, I'm not saying the whole movie looks trash. I think it looks like a fun time at the movies. However, I'm incredibly sick of everyone involved with the film making excuses for all of the things fans dislike rather than owning up to them. Instead of trying to excuse what they did, they should come right out and say "We just changed a lot of this stuff because we felt like it". Tired of the b.s.
Yessir, sir.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Old 07-26-2014, 12:24 AM   #51
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

They can have at their excuses far as I'm considered, I'm just tired of the attitude.
Bay, I believe Fox, and now this other actor have all taken a snobby "I don't care if you hate it/me" or other attitude now. (edit: granted I guess this guy does care if people 'hate.') Two actors and a producer that's supposedly not too involved? If anyone wants to speak on it, let the actual designers/concept artists do it. If they don't care to and are able to act professional, ignore comments and be proud of their own work, then good on them.

The only thing this Jeremy guy has succeeded in doing is make me possibly think a little less of the character he plays. His first two sentences are a good point more people need to consider. The rest just winds up sounding like the endless rehashing of any other fanboy who can't deal with someone not liking something.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-26-2014 at 12:30 AM.
Old 07-26-2014, 12:48 AM   #52
Xav
Foot Elite

Anyone see this? It's fan art of someone trying to fix Don by removing his gear and changing his nose and lips. I'm not sure if it 100% worked though.
http://cjrocky.deviantart.com/art/TM...-FIX-451409624
Old 07-26-2014, 12:52 AM   #53
Werecat
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Anyone see this? It's fan art of someone trying to fix Don by removing his gear and changing his nose and lips. I'm not sure if it 100% worked though.
If he/she replaced Don's face with Leo's face design then it would look ten times better.
Old 07-26-2014, 12:55 AM   #54
Leolead
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
he also did a Mikey fix http://cjrocky.deviantart.com/art/TM...?_sid=136049ce sorry but no thanks, (no offence to the artist)

But it makes me wonder how would these Turtles look without the gear?

I will admit this made me crack up!
Spoiler:

Last edited by Jester; 07-26-2014 at 01:16 AM. Reason: 2x posts
Old 07-26-2014, 01:05 AM   #55
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Yeah...I'm no fan of the new designs, but even I think the term "fix" is being VERY generous.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Old 07-26-2014, 01:12 AM   #56
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah... no... That just looks more like Jar Jar. Some are too far gone...
Old 07-26-2014, 01:29 AM   #57
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy

Haha, what the f*ck

http://cjrocky.deviantart.com/art/NI...IXED-443439117
Old 07-26-2014, 01:33 AM   #58
trikuza
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap-Happy View Post
LMAO i dont know what i just looked at.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:54 AM   #59
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap-Happy View Post
That looks like something, but no idea what. o.O E.T. after meeting a wall too fast?

"Fixed" isn't supposed to mean worse.
Old 07-26-2014, 02:33 AM   #60
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
so pretty much...the ILM guys are bigger turtles fans than anyone out there, we just don't get it and fans are stupid for not liking them right away....

or in less words "You are not a true fan if you dont love these unconditionally"

and i actually liked this guy, guess he is just another hollywood douche

but seriously are we not allowed to dislike anything? many of us have given good reason and not just we hate it to hate.

its like everytime someone has some sort of legitimate issue , some one attached has to come along and pretty much say love it unconditionally or give up your fandom

like honestly how can some of you support this,whether you like it or not, the guy just pretty much insulted your entire fandom, yet most of you will giggle cahulk it up and go "these turtlez iz the bomb tee hee"
Agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph_tha_Dude View Post
Can't watch the video yet, but F**K that entire quote.
Agree as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by METALHEAD View Post
i happen to agree with the actor. after all, it takes along to to work on these.
i think he made a pretty good defense, but hey, to each his own.

this fandom will obviously disagree because its a fandom
Oh, but why isn't the actor sticking up for his buddy who talked for Leonardo when he was replaced by Johnny Knoxville? I guess some hard work can be brushed aside for cheesiness and others must be defended, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Donnie preaching the truth and putting the haters in their places.
What truth? There is no truth, just opinions. He sounds like a butthead douchebag to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrorblade View Post
Well, they did say that they tried the more traditional design but it didn't end up really well. Maybe they were just not talented enough to pull it off, I don't know. He only explained why they use the current design, I can't really tell how he's being too defensive there.

I guess having a different opinion is now enough to offend someone.
Just because they say they tried the more traditional route doesn't mean they actually did. I'm calling BS on this one. Until they actually release what the images with the more traditional look actually looked like, this whole quote about it not working is just a lie to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrorblade View Post
It's the filmmakers fault for not making the prefect TMNT that will appeal to every fans.
Well, for all of it's faults, the 2007 movie seemed to not have upset as many fans, why couldn't the new movie with an even bigger budget have tried the same? I guess it was just too hard, even though we already have a track record that it really isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werecat View Post
Everyone is so black and white on this subject. Gosh. I think the turtle designs are fine. The major problem are the unappealing faces for Donatello, Michelangelo, and Raphael. Leonardo's face is attractive, so attractive it belittles his siblings. The comparison makes Mikey, Don, and Raph's face even more unattractive, knowing they had a decent design but screwed it up for the rest.

Seeing how most of the advertisements only showcase Leonardo's close up really shows how insecure they are about his 3 siblings. It seems obvious that they knew they screwed up on Mikey's, Don's and Raph's face. It is also obvious that the artists do not understand responsibility and consequence either. If the design is odd then it is just odd, screw their sense of style and change it to what is actually attractive. There is no reason for this unappealing design to ever become official. The artists did a great job on Leo but severely screwed up on the faces of Mikey, Don, and Raph. They should have stayed with Leo's face and only made slight alterations.
Yeah, they went overboard and overdesigned the damn things. And the sad thing is, everyone I know thinks they designs look like crap and have no desire to see this thing in the theater, or ever for that matter. This movie was supposed to increase the fandom, not make it more scarce.

Quote:
This is why I hope this movie fails at the BO, that way we don't get anymore of this BS trope. Most of the biggest blockbusters when it comes to comic book movies seem to be the ones that actually stay close to the source material, but that's the thing, since the Turtles have become an animated project, they have been treated more like a creation to sell toys, and not as a comic book franchise.
Closed Thread

Tags
donatello, jeremy howard