The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Toys and Collectibles

Notices

Old 02-25-2021, 12:04 AM   #2301
Leo656
The Franchise

Got some stuff in the mail on Wednesday. First up, two more figures I needed to finish off the OSFTM WCW line, Brian Knobbs and Jerry Sags, the Nasty Boys!

These are almost perfect for loose figures from this line; I need to do some very minor touching up but otherwise they're in awesome shape. I've mentioned before how difficult it is to find loose figures from this line in any kind of decent shape, as kids apparently really banged these things up. They generally go for about $70-90 in new condition so finding these Used for about $30 in such great shape was a great deal.

As always, nothing fancy here. But the likenesses are spot-on, definitely some of the best faces in the entire line.

All I need now for this line to achieve "character completion" is the Blue Bloods tag team set. That's gonna set me back about a hundred bucks, so I'm waiting on that one for now.

Next up, a few more figures from the Kenner/Hasbro JLA line: Green Arrow, Aquaman, Huntress, and Superman Red

Superman Red is obviously a repaint/recast of the Superman Blue figure, while the others are repaints of their earlier "Total Justice" figures. The JLA line was pretty cool, but about half of it was "Total Justice" repaints; I get it, but a few more unique figures would have been nice. It's also kind of a bummer that a few of those unique figures, like Lex or Joker, were only sold in the box sets and not on single-cards. But, that's how they get ya!

Only missing a few more figures in the JLA set; once I have all the single-card figures I'll start on the box sets.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 04:20 PM   #2302
Leo656
The Franchise

I let a bunch of stuff pile up for a couple of weeks.

First up, I finally have the last character from the "pulsating" line of OSFTM WCW WCW Nitro figures, since I found this "Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan cheap and in reasonably good shape:

A little bit of red touch-up paint and he'll be good as new. Still vibrates, too! I only need the Blue Bloods set to complete the entire WCW line of characters, not counting variants. They seem to have all vanished suddenly but they should turn up again eventually.

Next up, one step closer to completing the Playmates "Dick Tracy" line with The Rodent!

I actually got him in a bundle with Steve The Tramp (which I already own) since it was somehow cheaper than getting this one by himself. Whatever saves a few bucks! I only need Flattop and Mumbles, now, and I'll be "done" with this set... The Blank is still out there but for two grand, yeah, I think I'll have to just say "No Thanks" on that one. Sigh.

Moving on, I'm almost done with the Kenner/Hasbro "JLA: Justice League of America" line now, after getting Red Tornado, The Atom, and Flash!

Red Tornado and The Atom were two more of the unique figures from this set, while Flash like Green Lantern and many others was a simple repaint of his "Total Justice" figure. I have to say they're both great but the slightly darker red and the gold highlights really makes this one look dynamic compared to the more primary-colored bright red and yellow of the earlier figure.

More DC stuff. This one's a pretty big deal, as I finally managed to find the Hasbro "DC Super-Heroes" "Knightfall" Batman at a decent price.

This one doesn't turn up often, and when he does he usually costs about twice what I paid. This was the last one in the set that I needed! At least in the single-card series. There's a Superman/Batman 4-pack that has this figure all in black, the single-card Superman and Batman figures with cloth capes, and Superman Red (re-cast from the single-card Superman Blue figure); I still need that but then I'll have everything from this set. It's the only place you can get Superman Red; that's how they get ya!

This was only the second-ever "Knightfall Batman" figure produced, after the earlier Kenner "Legends of Batman" one. They definitely came a long way in a few short years, as this is a really great-looking figure. I didn't like Azrael as Batman but I do like to collect figures of the costume since it was such a pivotal moment in Batman history. I still need to get the DC Direct one, but that's gotten really expensive. This one is great, though. The "blood splatter" on his armor is a nice touch.

Finally, I picked up Pumyra from the Mattel "Thundercats Classics" line of a few years ago:

Mattel did a very short-lived line of Thundercats a few years ago when they were still making Masters of the Universe Classics, using the same figure parts and scale. I know there was a whole big thing, but for whatever reason they only did a few figures and then stopped the line completely, leaving most of the major characters never produced, and now Super7 is doing their "Thundercats Ultimates" line using the same parts as Mattel's earlier figures, with minor color differences and more accessories.

A reissue of this Pumyra figure is on deck, but Super7 is dragging their feet pretty badly with this series and everything is getting pushed back. I pre-ordered Cheetara and now nobody knows when that's actually coming out since it was supposed to be out by now as it is, and so Pumyra is probably quite a ways away even though she's been up for pre-order for a long time. I might get that one eventually, but I saw this one on eBay for cheap and figured "why not?" I really just couldn't pass it up at the price.

Old 03-30-2021, 01:15 PM   #2303
Leo656
The Franchise

Got a few new cool things over the last few days.

First up, when I was at Walmart the other day I picked up Batman and Robin from the DC Heroes Unite line:

Of course the Batman-related figures have their own "Batman" package branding separate from the rest of the line. But they were still on the same hook as the rest of the figures. I think I'm only missing Cyborg, but I haven't seen any checklist for these yet so I'm not sure what's out yet.

Not a huge fan of the weird "tech" stuff on Robin's costume, but eh. Not a big fan of Damien Robin anyways, I mostly just picked it up because Batman needs Robin.

Next up, I'm finally "pretty much" done with the Playmates "Dick Tracy" line, after picking up Flattop and Mumbles!

For most of my life I've only had a handful of figures from this line, since it came and went so fast in stores back in the day, and that always really bothered me. So for the last year I've been picking up a couple here and there to finally finish things off; these two were the last ones I needed and were also the most expensive, generally, BUT I finally found these for about half as much as what they usually go for!

Aside from the police car and Big Boy's getaway car, I'm essentially "done" with this line now, finally! Except for The Blank. Because I don't have a spare $1500 or so to drop on ONE figure. I doubt I'll ever own that one, sadly. Ah well. Can't have everything.

Finally, still filling in my collection of Funko "My Little Pony" vinyl figures. Today I got this awesome Applejack in the mail!

I really love these. I've been trying to complete the Mane 6 at least, but prices go up and down on these and a couple (like Twilight) are usually really expensive. Thankfully, I managed to find the ones I'm missing on eBay yesterday for less than they generally go for, mostly because I look for ones that have scratches or dings on the package. So once they get here in a few days, I'll FINALLY have the complete Mane 6!

I'd also love to have Celestia, Luna, and Cadence, but they tend to go for CRAZY prices. I found Twilight for "only" $100 since there was a ding on the package, and that's about half of what she goes for so I jumped on that immediately. But Celestia and especially Luna often go for around $300 each and I just can't go there. So, at least for now, I'll just be happy with the Mane 6. Can't split up the team, after all!

Old 04-02-2021, 09:37 PM   #2304
Leo656
The Franchise

Got some more cool sh*t yesterday and today. Some in the mail, some at Wal-Mart.

First up, this is pretty cool: Jazwares AEW "Unrivaled" Collection ring and PAC figure.

These rings (and the toy kids' Championship belts) are pretty easy to find everywhere, but the actual figures themselves are almost impossible to find. I haven't really been sweating them; the only figures I've come across were the Young Bucks, at the flea market for way above retail, and I f*cking hate the Bucks so I didn't bother. I don't really care about PAC, either, but this was the very first AEW figure I've ever seen "in the wild" for MSRP, and my wife insisted that I get it. So since I was getting the figure, I finally broke down and bought the ring, too. I am a HUGE ring mark, I have like ten of them from various lines; some are in better shape than others but I definitely plan to fix up some of the busted ones, eventually.

While I was at Wal-Mart, I also found Joker and Cyborg from the DC Heroes Unite line, so I figured I may as well grab them to go with the others I have.

Finally, the mail made me VERY happy the last two days, as I FINALLY have Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Princess Twilight Sparkle from the Funko "My Little Pony" vinyl series!

MANE 6 COMPLETE!!! We also have Derpy/Muffins. I love these damn things, I just wish they weren't so expensive. As I've said, I would love to have Celestia, Luna, and Cadence but they're just way too much. So I guess I can be happy with "just" these. Unless I somehow find the others cheap, that is!

Old 04-04-2021, 10:33 AM   #2305
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

https://forums.thetechnodrome.com/at...1&d=1617553766

I suck at posting pics on this site...wish it was like IGN and Reddit but like Leo, I saw AEW figs last night for the first time in person...this was at Target. They only had Riho and Nick Jackson from Series 3!and decided to grab Riho. Nice fig with the AEW Women’s Title!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5CC36F43-5B6D-4092-A107-12B7D105303D.jpg (16.7 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by TMNTFanatic4Life; 04-04-2021 at 04:38 PM.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 06:38 PM   #2306
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Transformers Kingdom Dinobot. Fantastic figure looks just like he did on the TV Show

Old 04-26-2021, 04:06 PM   #2307
Leo656
The Franchise

Been sick, and before that I was busy, so I didn't get to update in a while.

Right before I got sick, I picked up these new additions to the DC Heroes Unite series: Man-Bat, Riddler, and "Recovery Suit" Superman!

Riddler's okay. I never really liked the suit-and-derby look for the character; even if it's more "practical" I find it a little bit bland, and I grew up on the version with the crazy leotard bedecked with question marks. But this is a good representation of the more "modern" look.

Man-Bat is really cool, given that it's a completely unique body and has about twice the heft as the other figures, but costs the same. That's what's great about figures in this scale; in any other larger-scale line that would be a "Deluxe" figure that would cost at least $5 more than the rest of the line.

Recovery Suit Superman is pretty cool, but has one glaring flaw: The figure doesn't have a cape, BUT it has the exact same torso as the basic Superman figure. Which means that it has the molded plastic "cape tuck" on the shoulders and everything, despite the figure not wearing a cape, and it looks stupid. Very lazy. They should have either just given him a cape OR just repainted the Flash torso, since that figure didn't have a cape. Stuff like that drives me nuts and if it weren't a kids' toy that I got for eight bucks I'd be more annoyed about it. That's the BAD side of lines like this - since they're "just for kids" anyway, they can pull some lazy sh*t that wouldn't fly in a larger-scale, more detailed line.

They had a bunch of Batman and Joker variants in wacky colors and see-through plastic but I don't care about crap like that. I'm only really gonna bother picking up the "regular" versions of unique characters, same as any other line I collect.

Old 04-29-2021, 12:37 PM   #2308
AquaParade
Banned

A "Return of the Jedi" Boba Fett figure that I pre-orderd last year, showed up yesterday.
I'm not a huge SW fan, but I've always had a soft spot for the Fetts.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- This one.

It's your standard, old school - style, tiny Star Wars figure. It's actually nicer than I expected though. The paint app is really nice and there are some neat touches to the sculpts, like little pieces of rope and wire that add detail and even help cover up one of the elbow joints.

First figure I've bought since Neca's Super Shredder.
I rarely buy figures, but I'm loving this little guy.

Last edited by AquaParade; 04-29-2021 at 12:43 PM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 01:28 PM   #2309
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Originally I put it back, but I lost the fight against the urge to take home the one hammerhead "throw pillow" sitting there all alone with its big 'toofy' grin.

The TMNT are my only collected figures, so don't really have anything of that nature outside of them to share, since that seems to be what most are interested in here, sorry, but the plush... now that's a weak point, esp fish and the like. Even if this one is technically a decorative pillow.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 06:36 PM   #2310
IMJ
Emperor

I knew a girl once that collected plush. Or maybe hoarded it. It was like the Plush version of that crazy old lady that has porcelain dolls everywhere.

I didn't know her for very long, but I can say that she had a very cute and comfy place.

I've got to say though - plush dinosaurs are kind of cool.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 08:53 AM   #2311
AquaParade
Banned

Yeah, that shark is awesome.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 11:09 AM   #2312
frank_one
Mad Scientist

I would definitely enjoy sleeping while hugging that shark. And I'm 35 years old!
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 06:03 PM   #2313
Leo656
The Franchise

I was at Wal-Mart today and as usual I ran into some stuff I hadn't intended to buy but had to anyway.

They look pretty cool. I've been wanting some Sonic figures that scale better with my Mario figure, anyway. Apparently there's a Shadow in this set but they didn't have him at the store when I was there.

Old 05-06-2021, 05:41 PM   #2314
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

While I was never a Sonic person, those are still some pretty nice looking figures.

Haven't seen those in mine. Most interesting thing mine has had for a while are those that look to be a remake of the He-Man figures which is pretty cool to see.
Old 05-06-2021, 05:47 PM   #2315
Leo656
The Franchise

Let me guess, about a dozen He-Man and Skeletor figures and maybe a few Battle Cats, and absolutely nothing else. That seems to be the case everywhere. The line's been out for a year now and they've done like a dozen other figures, and all any store has is friggin' He-Man and Skeletor.

Apparently the line is doing great business, according to the most recent Mattel investors' conference (either their fourth- or fifth-most popular brand after Barbie, Hot Wheels and a couple others), but I guess most people are buying them online because NOBODY can find anything in the stores right now.

Either way, He-Man is popular again in 2021 and retail frustrations aside I have to be pretty thrilled with that.

Old 05-06-2021, 05:50 PM   #2316
IMJ
Emperor

Those Jakks Sonic figures remind me of the really quality Jazwares Mega Man figures from years ago now. Pretty iconic...
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 09:41 PM   #2317
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Let me guess, about a dozen He-Man and Skeletor figures and maybe a few Battle Cats, and absolutely nothing else. That seems to be the case everywhere. The line's been out for a year now and they've done like a dozen other figures, and all any store has is friggin' He-Man and Skeletor.
That would be correct. Though my store seriously sucks at getting things in anyhow, didn't even realize they have been out for a year already or that they've done other figures.
Old 05-06-2021, 10:10 PM   #2318
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
That would be correct. Though my store seriously sucks at getting things in anyhow, didn't even realize they have been out for a year already or that they've done other figures.
Aw, yeah. So far in addition to those, from last Summer through Now they've released:
- Beast Man
- Evil-Lyn
- Man-At-Arms
- Teela
- Man-E-Faces
- Orko
- Trap Jaw
- Scare Glow
- Mer-Man
- Roboto
- She-Ra
- Zodac
- Hordak
- Ninjor
- Stratos
- Tri-Klops
- Deluxe Battle Armor Skeletor
- Deluxe Battle Armor He-Man
- Deluxe Clamp Champ
- Deluxe "Buzz Saw" Hordak
- Deluxe Mosquitor
- Deluxe Ram Man
- "Rise Of Evil" Two-Pack: Keldor and Kronis (Target Exclusive)
- Sky Sled Vehicle & Prince Adam
- Land Shark
- Panthor (Flocked and Un-flocked)
- Castle Grayskull playset with "Temple of Darkness" Sorceress

...That's one HELL of a run for a line that's only been around for less than a year, and there's a lot still to come before the end of this year. And apparently they're all selling well. But as far as actually finding any of that stuff on store shelves, it's borderline impossible. I've got about half of it, and the rest on online pre-order, but most of the serious collectors have just about given up on getting these at Wal-Mart or Target. Thankfully, online stores like Big Bad Toy Store are really great with cheap shipping.

There's a new line called "Masterverse" coming out later this year based on the upcoming Netflix cartoon, and the big joke among He-Man fans is "Great, pretty soon there'll be TWO He-Man toy lines I'll never be able to find!"

Annoying, but at least they're a thousand times easier to get than the TMNT stuff by NECA and Super 7 right now.

Old 05-07-2021, 12:57 AM   #2319
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Origins Castle Grayskull and Battle Armor Skeletor and the Rise of Evil 2 pack

And I started a Masterpiece Transformers collection

No idea if any of the images will work, I stopped paying for hosting years ago.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 01:00 AM   #2320
Leo656
The Franchise

HOLY SH*T, it's YOU!

Also, that's awesome. I was hoping you were collecting these. Hit me up, playa!