The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-25-2020, 11:40 AM   #4361
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Fossil Frenzy

Spoiler:
Zoey meets up with her brother, who shows off a dinosaur fossil he believes comes from a new species called the Vulturesauros. Zoey's brother's arm is in a sling, he injured himself climbing the peak of the mountain where the fossil is located. he is eager to use it to earn his scolarship. He leaves the fossil in Zoey's care, but she accidentally ends up disintegrating it back at Grid Battleforce when she fails to read the label on one of Nate's liquid containers and mistakes the substance for something else

Zoey tells her brother what has happened, he is heartbroken. Zoey decides to climb the mountain and retrieve a replacement fossil.

Evox uses the morph-x to restore himself to full strength, he gives Roxy a telling off for her constant failures. Roxy reads the headlines about the Vulturesaurus and decrees that it's DNA is what she needs to defeat the Rangers. Scrozzle pinpoints the Vultursaurous location, and also picks up Zoey's GB signature. Roxy awaits Zoey atop the mountain, and takes her DNA scanner. The remaining Rangers bail Zoey out and fend off Roxy's forces, but she escapes. Zoey grabs a fossil before they head back.

Roxy uses the dinosaur DNA to upgrade herself, but it puts a great strain on the robo-maker and it short-circuits, putting it out of commission. Without it, Roxy and Blaze can't be brought back if they are destroyed again by the Rangers.

Blaze and Roxy do battle with the Rangers in the city, Roxy uses her power to grow big. The Rangers defeat her for good with the Beast X King Ultrazord. Devon, occupied fighting Blaze, overhears a conversation between Scrozzle and Blaze about the robo-maker, and how they can't bring back Roxy. He tells the remaining Rangers this at the juice bar. Zoey hands the fossil over to her brother, who tells Zoey not to risk her life for something like this again, they give each other a hug. Devon's hot dog is taken by a dog being taken care of by Ben and Betty. They find the dog in it's kennel putting the ketchup sauce on the sandwich, it proceeds to squirt the ketchup all over Ben and Betty

Crunch Time

Spoiler:
Blaze returns early from a karate competition and hands the Rangers a piece of Robo-Roxy's hard drive containing crucial data about Evox regaining his full strength and putting together his Gigadrone for a full assault on the city.

Evox deploys Railtron to provide a distraction for the Rangers. During the battle, Blaze joins them and fends off Railtron's forces, injuring his arm in the process. Devon arrives with Cruise, a little late to the fight. Railtron is destroyed. Blaze is angry at Cruise and tells Devon he needs to be tougher on his team. Devon agrees with Blaze and gives Cruise a telling off.

Back at Grid Battleforce, Blaze proposes that the Rangers lure Evox's gigadrone intro the GB hanger and then trap him inside the base. The Rangers agree to the plan, but Cruise is uncertain. He is ignored by Devon.

Back at his lair, Scrozzle tells Evox his Omegadrone is complete, Evox is delighted..soon he won't have to hide any further secrets from the Rangers. Scrozzle is confused, Evox tells him he has a 'very dark past'.

After Ben and Betty briefly become trapped in the containment field intended for Evox, the Rangers are called to action as the Omegadrone descends. The Rangers use the Zords and, per Blaze's plan, lure the Omegadrone into the hanger. The Omegadrone causes a lot of damage and Cruise in particular takes the brunt of it. The Omegadrone is eventually destroyed and Evox is captured. Devon apologises to Cruise.

Later, the Rangers visit Evox in his cell, Devon argues with Blaze, telling him he was wrong to be so dismissive of Cruise. Devon receives a communication from Blaze...he's at the karate competition, the Blaze working with the Rangers was Robo-Blaze the whole time. Robo Blaze teleports out while the Rangers ponder what Evox's true plan is
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 12:42 PM   #4362
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Source Code

Spoiler:

Nate has developed a weapon which he believes can defragment Evox molecule by molecule, they go to Evox's prison cell and shut down the forcefield to use the weapon, but Evox manages to infect the computers and escapes. The Rangers pursue him through the base as Evox accesses all of the computers, gaining clearance codes along the way. Evox makes his way into the Ranger vault and removes a container of cell shift morphers from RPM, and proceeds to download data from one of them.

The Rangers confront Evox, who reveals his true identity: VENJIX. Venjix reveals that when Nate was a young boy, he tried combining Morph-X energy and serpent DNA using data from the cell shift morpher, which created the Evox off-shoot, which lay dormant inside of the Grid Battleforce networks for years until the time was right.

Venjix escapes, the Rangers pursue him, Venjix revives some old robotrons and releases a surge which injures Nate. Venjix/Evox, having assimilated all knowledge of the Rangers weapons, is able to resist them and render them useless. Nate is too downtrodden to continue and retreats back to his lab. Zoey tries to help, but he won't listen to her. She suggests Nate receive a visit from Doctor K.

K arrives at Grid Battleforce and gives Nate a motivational speech. The two begin work on an anti-viral arrow attached to the Beast King Ultra-Bow. The Rangers use it to destroy Robo-Blaze, who has been deployed to an unguarded morph-x tower with access codes.

Shortly after defeating Robo-Blaze, the Rangers say goodbye to Doctor K. An alert suddenly comes in, the Morph-X network has been cut off from Grid Battleforce. While the Rangers were busy fighting Robo-Blaze, Scrozzle was able to sneek into another Morph-X tower with back-up access codes and hand Evox/Venjix direct control of the network. The Morph-X towers are now directly under the control of Venjix
Old 06-27-2020, 02:32 PM   #4363
ZariusTwo
Overlord

POP released the finale online 48 hours early.

Evox Unleashed FINALE SPOILERS

Spoiler:
Coral City begins to evacuate as Evox takes control of the Morph-X towers. Regular Roxy helps lead the citizens to safety as Mayor Daniels and Grid Battleforce transmits an emergency broadcast assuring the citizens the Rangers will stay to prevent the virus from spreading it's reach. Zoey's mother asks Shaw to allow her daughter to leave with her, but Zoey reveals her identity to her mother, and the two share a moment.

The Rangers pursue Evox/Venjix to a Morph-X tower. With Evox having compromised their stand weapons, Grid Battleforce rely on legendary Ranger weapons instead. They try to use the anti-viral Ultra-Bow on Evox, but he deflects it. Evox/Venjix unleashes earlier robotrons and the Rangers battle them. Steel goes after Evox alone.

Evox enters the Morphing Grid and begins siphoning off it's energy, Steel braves the harmful energies of the morphing grid to reach Evox and stabds himin the back, the Rangers arrive too late to help as Evox seemingly destroys Steel.

The Rangers are cast out of the tower by Evox and demorph, they retreat to Grid Battleforce. Devon calls for an evacuation but everyone refuses. Shaw tells the Rangers that while Venjix is made up of code and energy, the Rangers are human, and are capable of so much more, they can overcome this threat.

Evox absorbs more of the Morphing Grid and transforms into a new form (Go-Buster's Messiah), the Rangers use the Ulra-Zord to battle him. The rangers tap into the morph-x and merge it with their own human DNA. The Ultra-Zord's sword, now infused with the DNA, stabs Evox, his systems short-circuit and he explodes. Venjix eliminated!

The Rangers discover the morphing grid has resurrected Steel and made him fully human, the Morph-X is now depleted and what's left of it is reabsorbed by the Morphing Grid.

One year later and Scrozzle is found hiding in the sewers of Corinth city by Ben and Betty with the help of Col. Truman from RPM, they take him back to Grid Battleforce and meet up with Commander Devon. Shaw is now a General and is spending quality time painting alongside Ravi, on a date with Roxy. Ravi is called away by Devon.

We learn Coral City now relies on solar wind energy to sustain it, a plan devised by Zoey, who implies she may run for Mayor soon. She and Nate are called away.

Finally, we find Steel is now an actor and filming an action scene for his latest movie. He's called away also, and arrives at GB. The Rangers surprise him with a surprise party, as this marks the first year of life as a human. All of Grid Battleforce, Steel, the Beast Bots and Ben and Betty celebrate as the song from 'Silva Switch" (It's Great To Be Human) plays over the celebrations.

THE END
Old 06-27-2020, 03:12 PM   #4364
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I haven't read the full spoilers only that
Spoiler:
Evox is Venjix
but that alone makes me happy, even if it's handled poorly like Jason coming back.

At least they're trying to make use of the legacy and not just for anniversary episodes, they've done it horrible so far but they're doing it, they just need to improve at it. This news makes me super happy.

With that news I'll stick to the fanon theory that
Spoiler:
Forever Red Venjix is the same as the RPM one

Last edited by sdp; 06-27-2020 at 03:21 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 09:06 PM   #4365
Allio
Foot Elite

I?m probably going to give the series an overall rating of lower than an average power rangers series. There was parts that I liked but it it doesn?t make up for Beast Morphers lowest of lows.
Old 06-27-2020, 09:43 PM   #4366
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Any memorable rangers in Beast Morphers?
Old 06-27-2020, 10:20 PM   #4367
Allio
Foot Elite

I?d say Steel, but that?s basically because he is just J. Though the ending where they had him be human was stupid.

The problem with modern day power rangers is their characters are stillcut from the same cloth. While that some would call DIsney power rangers a bunch of jerks they at least had some meat to their bones. It?s become a joke on RangerBoard but Zoe?s entire personality is that she is ?nice.?

Nothing from the main four just stick out.

Also decided to reread Boom?s power rangers comics using my little reading order. Reading the first two volumes of GoGo right now.

Last edited by Allio; 06-27-2020 at 11:54 PM.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 04:49 AM   #4368
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The Boom comics are alright, but are essentially falling in love with the scent of their own farts. Too reliant on Drakkon and the Omega Rangers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I haven't read the full spoilers only that
Spoiler:
Evox is Venjix
but that alone makes me happy, even if it's handled poorly like Jason coming back.
It's not poorly handled at all.

God, I'm glad I don't side with Rangerboarders most of the time...they're outright miserable gits who outgrew Power Rangers years ago and want it to be much more adult than it ever reasonably will be. They're completely out-of-touch with the demographic it's aimed at.

Beast Morphers isn't the best season, and I don't actually like how all the nostalgia hijacked something that was functioning well as it's own 'beast' (pun intended), and yeah, "Grid Connection" was dire, the live viewing experience of exclusive episodes and some of the other episiodes and their surprises made that second half very worthwhile.

Call me way too overhyped to be objective, but this is the most I've enjoyed PR since Dino Supercharge

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 06-28-2020 at 05:04 AM.
Old 06-28-2020, 09:12 AM   #4369
Allio
Foot Elite

Which is funny as I remember when RangerBoard was all about brownnosing the franchise just a few years ago, they used to be all about the Tommy worship. I remembered when I couldn?t say anything bad about megaforce without being attacked (same here) but it can?t be helped when a franchise that someone loves burns you out over the course of 10 years.

Now if you wanting brown-nosing, it seems the reddit page is the place to go.

Last edited by Allio; 06-28-2020 at 09:27 AM.
Old 06-28-2020, 09:36 AM   #4370
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I always had opinions different than rangerboard/fandom, I kind of miss discussions on RangerCrew, that forum had better takes. I got back into the franchise with SPD and loved every Disney season, even Operation Overdrive wasn't that bad, never understood the hate the Disney seasons got, I still think they're among the best.

I only watched the first season of Samurai but thought it was fine and didn't need all the hate it was getting either. But I then watched MegaForce and it was as bad as the fandom made it out to be and every other episode I see of NeoSaban seems to be more MegaForce, granted I haven't watched a full season just an episode or two per season. But I always go into PR seasons wanting to be impressed, don't let the fandom change my opinion. I loved Dimensions in Danger for example, it did everything right that the Jason team up didn't. I do hope that Hasbro takes the franchise different directions, Saban and Disney did it even if not every season was successful, to me it just seemed NeoSaban tried to keep it safe and it failed.

The more and more I read about synopsis of Boom comics the more it feels like fanfic of someone wanting to make PRs mature, I just can't take it seriously. I'm sure I'll enjoy it when I get to it but I'll enjoy it as I enjoy say the original run of PR comics, as a neat interpretation but far from what I consider PRs to be PRs. If the show can clean up some of the good ideas of the comic I'm all for it.
Old 06-28-2020, 09:48 AM   #4371
Allio
Foot Elite

Oh definitely. My problem with the boom comics is I feel it?s overhyped by the fandom for what feels like your everyday generic western superhero comic.
Old 06-28-2020, 10:04 AM   #4372
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I always had opinions different than rangerboard/fandom, I kind of miss discussions on RangerCrew, that forum had better takes. I got back into the franchise with SPD and loved every Disney season, even Operation Overdrive wasn't that bad, never understood the hate the Disney seasons got, I still think they're among the best.
I'd agree. The Disney era has aged remarkably well, including the Kalish years, which at the time everyone on RB was against. Once A Ranger is a great team-up and tries to do different things, plus it looked like actual money had been spent on it

Same with Dimensions In Danger. Looked fantastic, was well written, added things to lore and showed how the Rangers' lives carried on in grander and more epic ways than just leaving them exactly where they were when we left them. The only reason some people in the fandom hate it is because they decided long ago they had tired of Jason David Frank's ego and the attention lavished on him at the expense of other actors...but in all honesty, he's the only one of them presently available with any lingering charisma. Austin demonstrated in the Dino team up a lot of his acting chops have abandoned him.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 06-28-2020 at 10:17 AM.
Old 06-28-2020, 10:23 AM   #4373
Allio
Foot Elite

Personally didn?t care for dimension in danger as since it was heavier reliant and flash and Flash in Neo-saban era is pretty mediocre. It probay didn?t help that the story definitely tried to ride to coat tail of Shattered Grid with it?s story.
Old 06-28-2020, 10:36 AM   #4374
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I'm excited to see where Dino Fury goes, Beast Morphers can still be said that it had some Saban influence and Hasbro was trying to see how to handle the franchise. Dino Fury will likely give us an idea of how the foreseeable future of the Hasbro era really will be.

Disney always tried but in the end they were just going to cancel so I'm happy they sold it to Saban even if NeoSaban never tried.
Old 06-28-2020, 10:41 AM   #4375
Allio
Foot Elite

Thumbs up

Dino fury is going to be do or die for many people I expect. Of course we don?t know anything about it?s series outside of it?s generic plot synopsis. I?m at least going to give it up to it?s hiatus to impress me.

Still a little miffed they chose ryusoulger so soon.
Old 06-28-2020, 11:02 AM   #4376
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Personally didn?t care for dimension in danger as since it was heavier reliant and flash and Flash in Neo-saban era is pretty mediocre. It probay didn?t help that the story definitely tried to ride to coat tail of Shattered Grid with it?s story.
It did it better than the comic to be honest. Not nearly as convoluted for one thing.
Old 06-28-2020, 11:36 AM   #4377
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Meh, I didn't like they screwed up the evil tommy for a robot story that wasn't even the main antagonist, could've done something bigger instead of wasting it but I agree the comic went a little overboard with it. A 2 or even 1 episode arc of evil tommy is all that was needed, but here it's revealed it's a robot far too early and destroyed for Lord Dravon or whatever the villain of the sentai movie was.

Do you guys believe that Lord Drakkon mini series was going to happen? I read it that it was on Saban's plan but didn't know how legitimate that site's source was, it wasn't some no name site either. I like Lord Drakkon and want to see him properly in show but definitely overdone in the comics rightnow, hell most of their roiginal characters.

Hasbro is indeed on a disappoint us or impress us with the next season, let's see how it goes. At least I can see Hasbro doing a 180 eventually if things become stale. I think it's in good hands even if we get a few bad years and we know they're willing to use the legacy and older sentai so there's hope. I still think the 2 year seasons is what's killing PRs, you make one bad season and it lasts for two years which kills a lot of interest. You follow it up with another mediocre season and that's half a decade of bad Power Rangers. Before having a bad season or two in a row was only 2 years you had to suffer through.
Old 06-28-2020, 12:58 PM   #4378
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

What do you all think of the just completed five issue mini-series crossover between Mighty Morphin and TMNT? I could go into detail about what it lacked and cliches and the many positives within, but I was curious to what those who currently follow Power Rangers thought about it.
Old 06-28-2020, 01:04 PM   #4379
Allio
Foot Elite

Honestly I find it the best of the currently running power rangers comics (all three written by Ryan Parrot). It?s simple, yet it is effective in what it does and doesn?t try to be something it isn?t. Didn?t care for turtle rangers though, as ?new powers? has been a staple in the comics since it began (averaging 3 new powers per year.) and o found the moon base fight anti-climatic.

And if you thought there was too much Drakkon before

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1684156688...s=books&sr=1-1

Last edited by Allio; 06-28-2020 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-28-2020, 01:13 PM   #4380
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Honestly I find it the best of the currently running power rangers comics (all three written by Ryan Parrot). It?s simple, yet it is effective in what it does and doesn?t try to be something it isn?t. Didn?t care for turtle rangers though, as ?new powers? has been a staple in the comics since it began (averaging 3 new powers per year.) and o found the moon base fight anti-climatic.
So Parrot is the one writing the Omega Rangers arc? I did not realize that he was the same one who picked up MMPR with #41. I admit I did not care for the idea that the power coin will adapt to her genetics as to how one will appear in uniform as to why Turtle Rangers happened. I don't see why April had to appear any different than Kimberly.

I appreciate that it did not lean to favor one set of characters over the other. After Turtles Forever and then Nick did it the second time around and you know how I feel about In Space/Next Mutation. Those examples set the bar low, but it was balanced and zingers against both groups. I appreciate the neutral take that was given despite being in Boom's ballpark.

This mini is better than Campbell's arc on TMNT and the Jennika miniseries and you say this is better than the two MMPR comics at Boom. That latest to the quality of the product. I am surprised at how quiet Technodrome is about this. I loved it! What does Ranger Board think about the crossover mini-series?

Tags
power rangers