The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-27-2021, 10:03 AM   #4561
ZariusTwo
Overlord

A new series and movie will be announced soon and will be on a 'platform', it's not yet known if the new series is the next season or a spin-off seeing as PR still airs on Nickelodeon.

https://twitter.com/nopinkspandex/st...62885801734147

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 04-27-2021 at 11:27 PM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 01:36 AM   #4562
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Looks like a cast member has confirmed that Power Rangers is leaving Nickelodeon this year and will be exclusive to Netflix in 2022

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1387933529502326786
Old 05-10-2021, 01:20 PM   #4563
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The Dino Fury team at their last table read

Old 05-13-2021, 06:25 AM   #4564
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Toei have apparently sent TV Nihon a 'cease and desist' order regarding their availability of Sentai and Kamen Rider torrents.

They are currently investigating, but as a precaution, Nihon have removed the torrents as requested

https://twitter.com/tvnihonsubs/stat...08722574024708
Old 05-13-2021, 07:04 AM   #4565
Allio
Foot Elite

It seems to be a fake c/d
Old 05-15-2021, 06:24 AM   #4566
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
It seems to be a fake c/d
Not the case apparently.
Old 05-15-2021, 10:54 AM   #4567
Allio
Foot Elite

Its not surprising. Fan subs has always been a very small tight rope
Old 05-15-2021, 01:31 PM   #4568
sdp
Megan Fox = April

without fansubs on tvnihon there would be no fandom or interest in kamen rider and other shows in the rest of the world. a big loss.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 01:42 PM   #4569
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
without fansubs on tvnihon there would be no fandom or interest in kamen rider and other shows in the rest of the world. a big loss.
Perhaps they can still share them via private discord channels?
Old 05-25-2021, 05:58 PM   #4570
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I know that The Legend of The White Dragon is currently filming. Do we have release date and is it going to be a Netflix release?
Old 05-25-2021, 06:13 PM   #4571
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Perhaps they can still share them via private discord channels?
Well you can't stop it but still it sucks that we now have one less easy way to access the stuff that we like, and no having a youtube channel with some select shows is not the same even if it's now "official". We the fans have given Toei tons of money in imported merchandise from shows that would've had no fandom without tvnihon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I know that The Legend of The White Dragon is currently filming. Do we have release date and is it going to be a Netflix release?
It'll probably come out around the time we finally know if Hasbro is indeed killing Power Rangers as we know it or are saviours. So either way it's a good thing, as this movie could also be either the best thing or worst thing to come out that is Ranger inspired.
Old 05-25-2021, 06:19 PM   #4572
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I had JDF do a Cameo for a colleague and he did during a break on set. The preview interested me enough to check it out. Not go out and buy a copy so much as watch it on a streaming service. Netflix has a place for it on it's site so I was thinking it would be a Netflix Original release.

I know the original funding did not work out. Did a production company buy production rights from Bat In The Sun?
Old 05-27-2021, 11:51 AM   #4573
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Dino Fury's first half comes to Netflix in all countries from June 15th, including three new exclusive episodes

https://twitter.com/PowerRangers/sta...60169304264705
Old 05-28-2021, 04:24 AM   #4574
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
I had JDF do a Cameo for a colleague and he did during a break on set. The preview interested me enough to check it out. Not go out and buy a copy so much as watch it on a streaming service. Netflix has a place for it on it's site so I was thinking it would be a Netflix Original release.

I know the original funding did not work out. Did a production company buy production rights from Bat In The Sun?
I thought the JDF movie was just a slightly small budget fan film. I didn't think Netflix would pick up on that.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 08:47 AM   #4575
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
I thought the JDF movie was just a slightly small budget fan film. I didn't think Netflix would pick up on that.
The reason I asked was when looking for updates it has a holding place on Netflix for it.
Old 05-28-2021, 08:50 AM   #4576
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
The reason I asked was when looking for updates it has a holding place on Netflix for it.
that's cool, can you share the link or screenshot?

I know JDFs fan film didn't make the first kickstarter, he thought he was more popular than he really was and then made it again like a year later mysteriously the budget had gone down to about the same amount that the previous kickstarter reached
I thought it was silly and JDF just being butthurt because he wasn't invited over Austin St. John which is likely true but with Hasbro apparently rumored to cancel sentai adaptations in favor of cartoons based on MMPR then I might be into this fanfilm more than the future of power rangers.
Old 05-28-2021, 09:03 AM   #4577
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
that's cool, can you share the link or screenshot?

I know JDFs fan film didn't make the first kickstarter, he thought he was more popular than he really was and then made it again like a year later mysteriously the budget had gone down to about the same amount that the previous kickstarter reached
I thought it was silly and JDF just being butthurt because he wasn't invited over Austin St. John which is likely true but with Hasbro apparently rumored to cancel sentai adaptations in favor of cartoons based on MMPR then I might be into this fanfilm more than the future of power rangers.
My apologies it was Legend of The Dragon there is a holding place for like how the Rise of TMNT film had.

JDF did come through for my coworker though. Austin doesn't, but the other four of the five surviving OGs are on Cameo. Sutherland, Zordon's voice actor, and several from beyond Turbo are too.

JDF does have a swelled head and I understand why. He is a sweet guy though and does give a darn about us.

As for the fan film, I was surprised that it was going forward since it made about 30% of what it needed for funding. There must be some serious budget cuts.
Old 05-28-2021, 09:09 AM   #4578
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
My apologies it was Legend of The Dragon there is a holding place for like how the Rise of TMNT film had.

JDF did come through for my coworker though. Austin doesn't, but the other four of the five surviving OGs are on Cameo. Sutherland, Zordon's voice actor, and several from beyond Turbo are too.

JDF does have a swelled head and I understand why. He is a sweet guy though and does give a darn about us.

As for the fan film, I was surprised that it was going forward since it made about 30% of what it needed for funding. There must be some serious budget cuts.
You made a fanfilm? What is cameo? share it please.

Tommy is my favorite ranger and for that I like JDF, he does have a huge ego and can be an a--hole to others if he doesn't get the praise he thinks he deserve he gets. I used to bring it up all the time on rangerboard in the 00s and would get hate for not loving everything JDF did. Now it's cool to hate JDF in the fandom but it wasn't the case before. I don't hate JDF and wish he would always come back in any season, he's welcomed. I just do think he can get over his head when other people are shining above him like Austin St John.
nothing is black or white and your heroes aren't perfect and that's fine. JDF can be both a huge jerk and a cool guy to fans, no reason to try to pretend he's only a jerk or he's only cool to fans.
Old 05-28-2021, 10:03 AM   #4579
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
You made a fanfilm? What is cameo? share it please.

Tommy is my favorite ranger and for that I like JDF, he does have a huge ego and can be an a--hole to others if he doesn't get the praise he thinks he deserve he gets. I used to bring it up all the time on rangerboard in the 00s and would get hate for not loving everything JDF did. Now it's cool to hate JDF in the fandom but it wasn't the case before. I don't hate JDF and wish he would always come back in any season, he's welcomed. I just do think he can get over his head when other people are shining above him like Austin St John.
nothing is black or white and your heroes aren't perfect and that's fine. JDF can be both a huge jerk and a cool guy to fans, no reason to try to pretend he's only a jerk or he's only cool to fans.
No,no. I was recently appointed as the head of my department at the school that I work at. Two of each of the core four departments were shipped off involuntarily to a virtual academy. So I took the money I made from tutoring and turned into a Cameo request. I asked JDF to send words of encouragement to a coworker who is a huge JDF fan. The other one I commissioned Mick Foley to do the same. My coworker won't mind if I share the video file since it is a public sample if you want me to share it.
Old 05-29-2021, 02:40 PM   #4580
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Listening to the latest Illuminerdi podcast and two fresh rumours have surfaced

-Johnathan Entwhistle might be having second thoughts in regards to showrunning the franchise and could either be not as deeply involved in the creative, or could bow out before the 30th anniversary

-Power Rangers might not air much in 2023 until close to the fall, when the 30th anniversary drops

Tags
power rangers