The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-18-2021, 11:19 AM   #1261
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Y'know I've still only ever seen Season One? I really liked it. Why does it seem like they immediately ran out of gas afterwards, or at least shortly after? What a shame.
Season 1 was incredible superhero television. For me it was almost cinematic in its overall quality (at least in its highest of highs).

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 11:59 AM   #1262
CyberCubed
Overlord

All the CW superhero shows spiral out of control as they go on I hear.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 12:02 PM   #1263
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
All the CW superhero shows spiral out of control as they go on I hear.
Comes with the territory of being on the CW network.

View my sketch work!
Old 03-19-2021, 12:08 AM   #1264
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah, of the ones that have been on a while I've only seen Flash and Supergirl (the first Season of which wasn't even on CW so it only barely counts), and it seems between those and what I've heard of the other shows they all start hot and then flame out early. Real shame, they obviously spend money on 'em.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 10:46 AM   #1266
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Jordan Fisher cast as Impulse, who will debut in episode 150

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/the-flas...allen-impulse/
So he's going to be Barry's son in this show, huh?

I was kinda hoping for the Tornado Twins to appear. Bummer.

Also, why cast an adult to play Bart and not a teen actor?

Last edited by TurtleTitan97; 03-30-2021 at 11:01 AM.
TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 01:45 PM   #1267
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Typical CW Flash. "Let's just bring in another speedster for Team Flash!" then discard by the end of the season or so. Rinse and repeat.

Does anyone even remember Jessie Quick? Sad. And dumb.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 11:08 AM   #1268
Vegita-San
Emperor

So, finally got around to watching this season.

is it just me, or has ALL the energy seemed to be sucked out of iris, joe and cisco? their actors don't seem to even care anymore, and it reeks through the performance. cisco at least tries a little.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 11:50 AM   #1269
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
So, finally got around to watching this season.

is it just me, or has ALL the energy seemed to be sucked out of iris, joe and cisco? their actors don't seem to even care anymore, and it reeks through the performance. cisco at least tries a little.

And rumor going around that Grant Gustin wants out...not a shock at all. This DC were fun for a while but now seem really burnt out and I'm sure it's quite taxing on the actors who are in every episode and big time like Grant. Plus I read he wants to do other projects that his time on Flash takes away from.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 01:10 PM   #1270
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Entertainment Weekly reveals that Jessica Parker Kennedy is set to return to The Flash for multiple episodes, including the landmark 150th instalment. The actress played Nora Allen-West, a.k.a. XS, in The CW series, and this unexpected return means she will cross paths with Jordan Fisher's Bart Allen/Impulse, a character set to be introduced in the anniversary episode.
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/dc...4485#gs.00qnjs
Old 05-04-2021, 01:35 PM   #1271
Vegita-San
Emperor

so, watching a few of these episodes. it definitely feels 'off' thanks to the long break and the obvious restrictions in closeness.

the actual plot wasn't too bad. and it's about time that they showcased flash and his ability to reach people, especially villains, without throwing a punch.
something, along with his supposed smarts, long since missing from this series.

They need to set rules for this crisis crap.

- How many dead wells wound up back? The Drummer wells being one of them.

- The Speed force never having died.....why was it a problem at all then and stuck in iris to begin with? made no sense.

- Goofy way to get rid of Ralph and bring in someone new. one plot line solved in 2 seconds as a throw away...then off to another adventure..no emotional connection...

-Why do we need another smart guy on the team...eam..eam..eam.... that is rather annoying to boot? they already have cisco and caitlin (who seems to be doing nothing these days)

The show just seems all over the place. they didn't balance the speed villains at the start, so you got tired of them fast. ugh. started out so good and fell apart so fast.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 04:44 PM   #1272
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

no more Cisco Ramon after S7

https://deadline.com/2021/05/the-fla...-7-1234749824/

The Flash: Carlos Valdes and Tom Cavanagh to Exit After 7 Seasons
Old 05-04-2021, 04:47 PM   #1273
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Weird. Why even bring Cavanaugh back from the dead at all then?
Old 05-05-2021, 08:10 PM   #1274
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Saw the latest one. The People vs. Killer Frost. So, so dumb. What are we even doing here?
Old 05-22-2021, 04:23 PM   #1275
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Old 05-22-2021, 06:10 PM   #1276
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I'm sure that'll turn heads!

View my sketch work!
Old 05-29-2021, 03:18 AM   #1278
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Good. Terrible show now.
Old 06-03-2021, 07:53 PM   #1279
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Caught up with the end of the latest episodes, which mark the end of season 7's first "graphic novel" (and what a STUPID concept that is).

The latest two episodes, "Family Matters," part 1 and part 2... wow! Shockingly terrible. Again, they seemed to have gotten rid of all the SJW/LGBTQ stuff (also notably, Plastic Man, one of the guys they wasted most of the last couple of seasons developing instead of Barry or Iris or anything... because of bad Tweets, I guess) that normally took the forefront... and revealed how painfully empty their hand really is. So it turns out when Barry restarted the Speed Force (or was it during the original accident at Star Labs? maybe it was that), he accidentally empowered 4 people with different "Forces" (strength force, "sage" force, and so on). At first he tries to go back in time and prevent them from being given those force powers... but is convinced by others that by doing so he would be "killing" his "children." Yes, it becomes directly implied, then repeated and repeated and repeated some more (by everyone involved) and then reinforced that these people are his "children" and he and Iris are their "mother" and "father." It's weird the way they play it, and I mean weird! I guess they were trying desperately to draw some kind of parallel between that and to Barry and Iris debating about ACTUALLY starting a family... but it doesn't work. It doesn't even come close... it is just truly bizarre. Who is approving these scripts? Good gravy. I'd kind of want to recommend people watch that latest episode just to see how off the reservation they go, into truly creepo land.

Also, what was the point of the whole stupid "Killer Frost goes to prison" storyline? I thought it was some kind of creative decision to just kind of compartmentalize and remove Caitlin's powers/alter ego from the board entirely. But now she's right back out and about? I'm assuming they're going to kill off Caitlin, probably.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 06-03-2021 at 08:06 PM.
Old 06-03-2021, 09:19 PM   #1280
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Caught up with the end of the latest episodes, which mark the end of season 7's first "graphic novel" (and what a STUPID concept that is).

The latest two episodes, "Family Matters," part 1 and part 2... wow! Shockingly terrible. Again, they seemed to have gotten rid of all the SJW/LGBTQ stuff (also notably, Plastic Man, one of the guys they wasted most of the last couple of seasons developing instead of Barry or Iris or anything... because of bad Tweets, I guess) that normally took the forefront... and revealed how painfully empty their hand really is. So it turns out when Barry restarted the Speed Force (or was it during the original accident at Star Labs? maybe it was that), he accidentally empowered 4 people with different "Forces" (strength force, "sage" force, and so on). At first he tries to go back in time and prevent them from being given those force powers... but is convinced by others that by doing so he would be "killing" his "children." Yes, it becomes directly implied, then repeated and repeated and repeated some more (by everyone involved) and then reinforced that these people are his "children" and he and Iris are their "mother" and "father." It's weird the way they play it, and I mean weird! I guess they were trying desperately to draw some kind of parallel between that and to Barry and Iris debating about ACTUALLY starting a family... but it doesn't work. It doesn't even come close... it is just truly bizarre. Who is approving these scripts? Good gravy. I'd kind of want to recommend people watch that latest episode just to see how off the reservation they go, into truly creepo land.

Also, what was the point of the whole stupid "Killer Frost goes to prison" storyline? I thought it was some kind of creative decision to just kind of compartmentalize and remove Caitlin's powers/alter ego from the board entirely. But now she's right back out and about? I'm assuming they're going to kill off Caitlin, probably.

Please send all your Flash related complaints to Eric Wallace aka the worst showrunner since Marc Guggenhiem.

Tags
flash, run barry run!